passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Sly Reflex

No impressions as such, I just want the mail to hurry the fuck up and deliver this so I can get my teeth into it. As much fun as I had on '43 last night, I was a bit envious of the massive party of people playing it already. The party doesn't start until my squads boots hit the dirt though. I really can't wait for it.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a good couple of matches with Papa from nowloading last night. Starting without any of the gadgets your class uses until you score enough points with that class makes things a bit harder than they should be at first. It took me 2 matches to unlock the medkit.

Good fun though.

Mine came today, too. Wheey!

I've played an hour of multi-player. I hate that I have to start again, I want all my bits and bobs now so I can play the way I want to. And I didn't get my medkit in one game, too. I was close but it didn't quite make it, maybe if people spotted more. :rolleyes:

One thing that I was meant to say back when I played the Beta but kept forgetting, I don't think there is any need for all this swearing, it doesn't add anything to the atmosphere that the distant screaming and gunfire didn't pull off well enough. Some disappointing pandering that is.

Arrghh. I've just had the worst set of games I've ever had on any Battlefield game, a 15-34 K/D in one game! I was close to throwing the thing out of the window, shit, nothing was going right. Nothing I did worked, I couldn't even shoot right.

I get in a tank then I'd get gang raped by a UAV and 3 engineers, I go recon and some medic will spot shoot at me like I have a neon ghillie suit and if I just go assault then I'll shoot the fairies around their heads rather than at the enemy.

I might be on tonight but that was enough to put me off it for weeks.

I enjoyed the single player of the first Bad Company. It wasn't anything amazing, but it held my interest throughout. I've played the first three missions of BC2, and it's one hell of an improvement. I have to agree with DC and Sly about the swearing though, the single campaign is full of F-bombs, and it is definitely missing the humour of the first one. It's taken a lot from Modern Warfare I think, but is still different enough to be worth playing. I may well end up liking the campaign of BC2 more than MW2. I haven't touched the MP yet, but then I've always preferred CoD in that regard really, as I don't have to worry about squadding up quite as much. Thumbs up so far, anyway.

played a load of multiplayer on this tonight, first time i've had a proper go at a battlefield game and i mostly enjoyed it, having a squad of 4 helped a lot, appart from a few games where we were up against a few experts who just spawn camped us in helecopters for the whole game, which was great fun <_< and it seems like you're options for taking out the helecopters are limited till you level up? (i really hate the leveling up for equipment thing) i think there were AA guns but i never managed to get to one. and in one game i got 0 kills, 9 deaths! but yeah mostly it was better than expected :)

I don't think I'll be even touching the single player. Thats like going to a brothel and checking out the DVD collection.

To be honest, it's the main attraction for me. I think you should give it a go, by the fourth mission things really take off and it looks spectacular at times. It's still just point to point stuff, but there's nothing wrong with that as long as you're having fun and enjoying the ride.

The SP has surprised me the most, it's actually pretty good. I loved the conversation about Deet. It's still funny in that sense that you basically have 4 idiots in a warzone trying not to get killed. It could have done without the straight faced approached and dropped a lot of the swears though, even as someone who swears quite a lot I think they have gone overboard.

These servers, every time EA releases an online game its always the same. Is anyone at EA taking notes? If you fuck something up then learn from it for the next time. Jesus H Christ. :rolleyes:

I just fancied some BC2 and I can't play, its just not fair.

I know I'm probably alone and I swear I truly mean this but what I've played of the single player I've enjoyed more than MW2's.

It's about on a par for me. When I'm playing it I'm enjoying it, but when I die I have to almost force myself to carry on.

But then I've been in one of those moods all day, where everything just bores you and you can't do one thing for very long.

I liked the sniper section, but then it has to be pretty awful for me to hate a sniper section.

I was just getting somewhere and I think I died, but I can't tell because the screen went black like when you die or move onto the next sequence, and the music is playing but it's still black, so I guess it's crashed.

The SP has surprised me the most, it's actually pretty good. I loved the conversation about Deet. It's still funny in that sense that you basically have 4 idiots in a warzone trying not to get killed. It could have done without the straight faced approached and dropped a lot of the swears though, even as someone who swears quite a lot I think they have gone overboard.

I laughed out loud at a couple of conversations, like the one where Haggard thinks Bolivia is in Africa.