passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

TopGunKnacker

WOW

All i can say after completing the game. Its like being in a Michael Bay film :-)

I actually ripped my shirt off while playing and sat in the rain just to feel more manly.

So i think i am the only person here who got this on PC simply because it would enable me to get more playtime than having to share the TV.

Was a bit worried about all the so called 'boycotts' from the spoiled brat PC community but actually the playerbase is already huge and i haven't had a single problem playing online.

On launch (got it from steam) i had a few laggy games, but after the first weekend i imagine lots of people went out and got this and i have been playing on full bars ever since. Only problem is that most my games are with Singaporeans and Japanese people... and the Singaporean kids take gaming WAAAAAAAAAY to seriously... which makes online rather hard and promotes lots of sneaking around as opposed to the run and gun i was used to in MW1...

Is that the normal playstyle though? I have never been great at Call of Duty online... so perhaps i am playing wrong? Anyone? Do you need to be more stealthy.

The removal of dedicated servers for me is a godsend. I hated in MW1 on PC the fact that only three maps were ever played because people decided that is all they liked. At least now you get a good mix and a much more balanced playing field...... No more going into a game where the admins have disabled grenades... or pistols only or any of that bullshit. I think matchmaking and playlists are PERFECT for online gaming because the majority of people out there are cunts and i have spend most of my time over the last few days trolling the Steam forums and winding all the 'boycotters' up about how awesome the game is and how much they are missing out on.

Ahhh..

Anyway... this really is an awesome console experience on my laptop... and that is precicely what i was after.

Playing through again on hardended. I sort of agree with the comments that the missions aren't as great as the first games, but then again going through the second time when i know what i am supposed to be doing they are actually all really cool. Does seem more story driven this time around though.

Shocked at how they have improved the graphics by a HUGE amount but the game actually runs faster....

Do you need to be more stealthy.

i think so yes, mainly because of the smaller amount of damage it takes to kill someone compared to other games. especially on hardcore mode, i do quite a lot of camping. i dont stay in once place the whole match, i move around, but i get a lot of kills from stationary vantage points. i think this game demands it. historically camping has been frowned upon, but in real life where a bullet can kill you (like hardcore mode) soldiers dont run around one man army like rambo, shooting from the hip and not having their back covered, and my natural instinct playing cod is not to do so. i also use perks that make me invisible to radar etc most of the time.

Do you need to be more stealthy.

i think so yes, mainly because of the smaller amount of damage it takes to kill someone compared to other games. especially on hardcore mode, i do quite a lot of camping. i dont stay in once place the whole match, i move around, but i get a lot of kills from stationary vantage points. i think this game demands it. historically camping has been frowned upon, but in real life where a bullet can kill you (like hardcore mode) soldiers dont run around one man army like rambo, shooting from the hip and not having their back covered, and my natural instinct playing cod is not to do so. i also use perks that make me invisible to radar etc most of the time.

Thanks TopGun for that.

I tried a more stealthy approach last night and got the most kills on my team on derailed :-)

Switched my to using a silencer so as not to give away my position when i shoot and also to radar jammer perk.

Any idea how this works exactly from the opponents POV... i.e... when i am close does their radar just fuz up?... and i shouldn't show up regardless of UAV's correct?

Anyway... it definitely helped my score / survival go up a significant amount and its actuall quite enjoyable sneaking around.. killing... waiting for a few more enemies to come get you... moving on.

Another strategy i started doing last night was to sneak into a room where i know an enemy is... kill them... then move to another point of the room and wait for them to come and get me back... kill them... then move to outside the room.... and wait for them to come yet again.... and kill the from outside hahah... it feels mean but it keeps on working :-)

Also...payback is simply awesome.

I've got the ultimate in stealth going on - my gun has the silencer and heartbeat sensor attachments on it (thanks to the Bling perk), I've got the radar jammer perk too, and last night I finally unlocked the Cold Blooded perk where nothing can see you, including gun turrets, predator missiles, etc!

I need all that stuff though, because I'm a rubbish shot and I need all the help I can get.

I think I'm 26 or 27.

Yeah, the SCAR is a good gun. I was gonna do the same as I did on CoD4 and work my way through the different machine guns for XP but I think I'll stick on this one. I think because you're not limited to just a pistol as your second gun, so you can use another machine gun there. At the moment I'm trying the Magnum, only unlocked it last night so haven't tried it yet though.

When you prestige on this one, do you lose absolutely everything? I mean, it seems like such a kick in the balls to lose the callsign stuff as well. I would've thought you'd keep them for good, because there's so many of them.

That's related to the only thing that pisses me off, that the whole game is set up to appease the nob-head fanbase. The callsigns are made to encourage baiting, show off that you smoke weed, that you're an amazing shot, etc.

And I'm convinced they cut party chat out because they saw that CoD4's lobbies were deathly quiet after that 360 update came out, and they wanted to get people screaming at each other again.

me and MW2 had a big bust up last night and are currently not speaking. I'm up to the Brazilian level (so not very far at all) and i'm just constantly getting my ass handed to me, so i had a hissy fit and turned it off.

So far what i have played i've enjoyed, but its taken me about 3 hours to complete probably in hours worth of game because i keep dying constantly.

Also played some special ops at the weekend on local multi with my house mate, was good fun, esp enjoyed the sniper level.

me and MW2 had a big bust up last night and are currently not speaking. I'm up to the Brazilian level (so not very far at all) and i'm just constantly getting my ass handed to me, so i had a hissy fit and turned it off.

So far what i have played i've enjoyed, but its taken me about 3 hours to complete probably in hours worth of game because i keep dying constantly.

Also played some special ops at the weekend on local multi with my house mate, was good fun, esp enjoyed the sniper level.

Before i call you a pussy, what difficulty level are you playing?

Is that the chase one through the rooftops? It is one of, if not the most, frustrating bits in the whole game.

i really liked that bit, reminded me of mirrors edge, but then i was only playing on easy.

i was getting really annoyed with the multiplayer last night, you guys are right you do need to be more stealthy, i just run around like a lunatic and die horribly most of the time :unsure:

haha. my stealthy class has an automatic assault rifle with a heart beat sensor, marathon pro so i can move around quick (and with pro, climb ladders faster), cold blooded pro so i cant be seen on uav, by air support, by thermal etc (and with pro, i never get a name over my head and crosshairs dont turn red over me), and ninja pro which makes me invisible to heartbeat sensors (pro makes your footsteps silent!). super stealth. called the class ninja conman. oli i recommend ditching radar jamming for coldblooded if you can!

if were talking the best fully automatic rifles, ive had great times with the m4, scar-h, tar21 and im going to move onto the acr at some point but its very weak so might only be useful in hardcore mode.

oh, and info on the first prestige. you keep all your callsign shit. you get some new prestige-only challenges, and you get a new create a class. all your weapons, attachments and perks are reset

Before i call you a pussy, what difficulty level are you playing?

normal i think, feel free to call me a pussy.

I didn't even make it up to the roof tops, i just kept getting swamped.

Thats quite easy on Veteran. What are you tactics, gunz blazing or nice and slow?