passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

TopGunKnacker

Can't believe you completed it already! Think im half way through so far.

There were bits i really wernt expecting, quite shocked.

Played a bit of multi today since thats what all my friends do on CoD, lvl 12 i think now, really enjoying it, a lot more fast paced it seems.

Quite like the accolades bit where you unlock titles and emblems to customise. ATM im a Kleptomaniac :)

Picked it up today at gamestation with that 2 games +£4.99 deal, I traded a £10 Overlord 2 from Play.com and Sacred 2. It's funny because neither of those would anywhere near £20 each if you traded them in individually. I traded in a 3rd game for £10, so I'm £5.01 up on the deal.

I actually ordered Overlord 2 to play it, so I'm going to order another copy at that price to keep. I wanted to finish Sacred 2 before trading it, but I can imagine it being in bargain bins after christmas so decided to get maximum value out of it now.

I aked for a trade in quote on Overlord 2 out of curiosity, and the guy behind the counter said £10, and Sacred 2 is £25 used, so that can't be worth much more on it's own.

I've just finished the campaign too, wanted to get it done before I started the multi. I'll have a go on Veteran at a later date. The stats screen says it took me just over 5 hours to complete. It was really good. I don't think it was quite as impressive as CoD4, but there were still some real stand out moments. I'm liking some of the new weapons, too.

Think I'm about half way through

on the mission on the oil rig

and in all honesty the scenario's just aren't as good as what I enjoyed in Modern Warfare.

they've still thrown in an entire countries worth of armed men into relatively small area's with no extra access points that could be covered...

It's good though, I don't think it has as many stand out points as Modern Warfare. I'm thinking I'm about halfway through (The achievements seem to suggest this is the case) and its mostly been the "Television Station" (from MW) style so far, storm building/area and shoot everything in site, die alot, try again, alot of it is confined to Brazilian shanty back alleys with Militia soldiers being able to accurately pin point your head through a window, from the other side of the block with an RPG...

The "controversial" level doesn't really have that much context at this point applied to it in all honesty and feels more like an excuse for the rest of the plot.

first off played some multiplayer last night, basically they've still got the annoying stuff i didn't like from the cod4 multiplayer (mainly helecopters and airstrikes) and added more annoying stuff onto that like the auto gun turrets (straight out of the killzone 2 book of annoying stuff) and people with laptops laser guiding missiles onto my head. and the default gun sights are useless, need to unlock a red dot one asap. it was cool when i got the last kill on a game to have it replayed in slow motion at the end, but not so cool when on the receiving end of the same thing. you can't change anything at the start, have to unlock everything but i'm not so bothered about most of it, mainly just want the red dot. it ran really smoothly most of the time, there was the old cod4 thing of people in your party not getting into the game and you have to back out and try again.

did a bit of single player then, only about 1 hour, but mostly enjoyed it, seems like more of the same from cod4 but that's no bad thing. the dodgy bit everyone probably knows about (i think it's this bit anyway - it can't get much worse can it?) i found pretty interesting they'd put something like that in a game

although it's a bit like in gta i guess, i didn't shoot any civies but had to fire when the armed police show up as your gangsta mates are useless then.

i died quite a lot even playing on the easy mode but it wasn't really annoying as i didn't get put back much and the deaths were easily avoided next time.

I bought this today from Asda for the PS3 since they had sold out of 360 copies, not too bothered since I want it mainly for the single player....which I am horribly disappointed with. It just doesn't feel as exciting as CoD4 did. It feels like enemies are constantly all around you and just when you think you are safe to move forward someone will throw jam in your face making it impossible to see anything. The jam is my biggest problem, why is their blood so thick? What is wrong with them? Why does it have to fill the screen after being shot just once? I'm just finding it really frustrating and since CoD4 was worth buying even just for the single player, this is a massive disappointment.

It's not been all bad though. I really enjoyed that fight with the colossus.

thebeastisdead.jpg

Going to give the multi a quick go after I have finished the story and then probably trade it in towards L4D2.

Haven't had a chance to try it yet, but my impressions of buying it are that it was highly amusing talking to the guy next to me in the queue. He was dressed in camo, which to be fair, he could be in the forces, but I like to think that he was doing his bit for cosplay.

He said he'd been playing it the past week but he was forced into buying it because it was a dodgy copy and didn't want to take it online in case they banned him. He moaned about this - being forced into paying for a game! How inconsiderate of Microsoft to ban his account because he didn't buy it.

Anyway, Sainsbury's took a hit because I picked up fuck all else. Hope it lives up to the insane hype Infinity Ward have been giving it.

What difficulty is everyone on? I did the training run through (more enjoyable than the one on the last game) and in the end decided on Hardened, was gonna be Normal but I figured I'm comfortable enough with the controls and how the game works by now. Veteran will come later. :unsure:

I'm just about to do the snow level so I'm very early in, but it seems to be what I asked for, which is more of the same. I agree with the Badger - the jam does look a bit silly, I thought that when they started showing the gameplay footage a while ago, and I do think it's a bit much.

I think I've already heard Fiddy say a line somewhere, and I'm pretty sure Sgt. Foley is the black guy in Mass Effect, the one who puts you forward to be a spectre.

The only other thing of note so far is I guessed there would be another time achievement for the training run through, and there's no way I'm getting that for a while. It took me about 10 minutes of playing it over and over and I'm about 6 seconds short!

What difficulty is everyone on? I did the training run through (more enjoyable than the one on the last game) and in the end decided on Hardened, was gonna be Normal but I figured I'm comfortable enough with the controls and how the game works by now. Veteran will come later. :unsure:

I played on Regular, and still died a bit. I preferred CoD4's training mission, seemed to have more variety.

I tried some spec-ops with alexik72 earlier, and it's really good fun. Bite-sized missions with some taken from the main story and some not. Good stuff though and I look forward to playing some more of it.

Then I went on to the multiplayer, and I am a bit out of touch with CoD's pace, having not played it for quite a few months now. I'm slowly getting back into it, and the constant rewards make me want to keep playing. There's a few too many airborne weapons for my liking at the moment, though.

I've got to Wolverines! and now I'm calling it a night to go to bed.

I don't know whether I'm disappointed or pleased, but so far the levels have been copies of levels from CoD4 - running through streets, getting attacked by dogs, taking a level slowly with an AI partner, etc. The airport level was a nice twist and I enjoyed the snowmobile bit, although it was pretty short.

Oh, and I've only found one piece of intel so far. :(

Also, is it meant to be a mystery who Ghost is? Because I can spot that voice a mile off.

What difficulty is everyone on?

I started on hardened, then turned it down to regular when I realized I wasn't having any fun. Didn't make much of a difference :( I have finished it now and I just feel really let down. Same as the feeling I got when Halo 2 came out and all the hard work had gone into the multiplayer, leaving a boring and frustrating single player game for people who don't really dig the deathmatch thing.

Some big spoilers ahead now, just for the people who have finished it or don't care about the story enough to read it.

The story was really the only thing that kept me playing. The bit in the airport, even if it was ruined somewhat by everyone going off on one about it. The bit where you are killed by the army dude was great and so was the ending. IW really know how to push your buttons and make you feel something. Hopefully one day they will put that into a story driven game since I think it could be really quite special. Can't see that happening though, not while they are being lords of the online shooter.

One thing I am unsure about in the story, and this is pretty big, how exactly did Shepherd betray you? :huh: I know there was the whole shooting you and burning you half alive thing but why man? Did he have some sort of deal with Makarov or something? Also, Makarov is still about isn't he? And finally, if Makarov is still about, why can't games finish at the end these days? There have been a few now that just kind of hang on at the end, is 6 - 12 hours not enough to tell a tale?

I tried multi as well, looks like more of the same but with complicated powerful bonuses, perks and less random grenading. I enjoyed it but not enough to hold onto the game since no one I want to play with actually has it on PS3. It was nice to see that the kill cam was very rarely lagging though.

What difficulty is everyone on?

The story was really the only thing that kept me playing. The bit in the airport, even if it was ruined somewhat by everyone going off on one about it. The bit where you are killed by the army dude was great and so was the ending. IW really know how to push your buttons and make you feel something. Hopefully one day they will put that into a story driven game since I think it could be really quite special. Can't see that happening though, not while they are being lords of the online shooter.

One thing I am unsure about in the story, and this is pretty big, how exactly did Shepherd betray you? :huh: I know there was the whole shooting you and burning you half alive thing but why man? Did he have some sort of deal with Makarov or something? Also, Makarov is still about isn't he? And finally, if Makarov is still about, why can't games finish at the end these days? There have been a few now that just kind of hang on at the end, is 6 - 12 hours not enough to tell a tale?

He had some sort of deal with Makarov didnt he? After he got the files he then broke that partnership and he became a powerful man. Makarov is still alive, im guessing it will be shown in the next game, and what happened to you guys at the end, quite annoying that it just ended quite abrupt

Just finished, its good just not CoD4 good really and has been pointed out it just feels like you're doing CoD4 again with different textures or location names.

In response to Badger and Hinn

Markarov is still alive, Sheperd betrayed you because the US had become the fall guys, the airport mission had left the US as the "terrorist cell" rather than Russia, Sheperd couldn't get to the Russians so he decided to take out the men that Markarov felt could stop him (most notably Price), in an attempt to draw him out, a war between Russia and any hint that the US had been betrayed by British Special Forces would lead to an increase in people enlisting in the army and thus Sheperd would be able to get revenge for the events of Modern Warfare.

It's heavily convuluted, and my idea may not be the actual answer but thats how I translated it. It also buys really heavily into renewed US paranoia towards Russia and the possibility of a second Cold War. In short I think it was heavily designed with a US audience in mind and most certainly not Europe.

Just finished, its good just not CoD4 good really and has been pointed out it just feels like you're doing CoD4 again with different textures or location names.

i finished it last night too, pretty much agree with that. some bits are ace and some not so much.

i didn't fully understand the plot, but it had some good twists and stuff.

i thought the SP was really good, maybe not as good as cod4s but i wonder if thats because the shine of a new direction has worn off a touch. but yeah i really enjoyed the gameplay, the gfx, the sound, the story, the magnificent set pieces and new weapons/gadgets.

captain price is a legend!!!! <3 mancrush

i just finished it on vet, wasnt very hard tbh!

i thought the SP was really good, maybe not as good as cod4s but i wonder if thats because the shine of a new direction has worn off a touch. but yeah i really enjoyed the gameplay, the gfx, the sound, the story, the magnificent set pieces and new weapons/gadgets.

captain price is a legend!!!! <3 mancrush

i just finished it on vet, wasnt very hard tbh!

Thats actually ridulous tht u finished it on vet! Ive heard its easy than the cod 4 one coz u can take more shots but still!

I wasn't sure whether to put this here or in Hendo's online thread, but it's impressions so I guess it belongs here.

I played a bunch of Normal Team Deathmatch tonight, and I have completely gotten right back into the flow of online CoD. Online is absolutely superb. I experienced the host migration feature a couple times, and it works super smooth. The action pauses, a clock ticks down once a new host has been selected, and off you go again. The maps I've played on so far are very good indeed, and once I've properly learnt my way around they will only improve. The perks and weapons are all good from what I've seen, and from level 10 onwards (I'm level 13 at the moment) you can customise your kill streak awards.

The kill streaks I am currently using are your usual UAV, Counter-UAV (scrambles opponent's map), and Predator Missile (self-guided missile). I managed to get someone's care package earlier and ended up getting 12 kills whilst in a heli, sweet. I don't really mind the lack of party chat, it takes me back to how I used to play CoD4 online. Here's my current setup.

2zntx95.jpg

It is odd that I'm using a 3 round burst weapon, I never did in CoD4, but I'm getting on fairly well with it, and have the obligatory red-dot sight attached now. I have a machine pistol as the secondary, but haven't actually used it yet. Perks can be upgraded also. I have unlimited sprint now, and by running 26 miles I'll unlock Marathon Pro.

But yeah, it's awesome stuff. I think it improves on CoD4's multiplayer, and that's saying something. I probably won't be playing much else on 360 for the foreseeable future.