passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Forza 3

David

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna put this in here as well as my status, it was cool.

Gadget show on the 16th Nov has to be seen.

They have an awesome Forza3 setup, racing seat and that Porsche steering wheel and pedals, 3 tv's (can we do that with a 360?!) and surround sound. Totally amazing, I want. At least the seat and wheel/pedal arrangement.

Then they had it setup at Silverstone (apparently, talking to a colleague today they are looking at making this available to all, so we can race ppl in real life, and have the car overlayed with reality :blink:) and Jason (using the 360) raced Johnny Herbert who was driving for real around the track!! Loved it.

You can see it here

Just watched it again, he did point out that they had 3 consoles, I mustn't have been paying attention at all! Shame its such a large investment, I'd still love a seat, wheel and pedals setup tho, or at least to try it to see how lifelike it really is.

I'm currently working through the event grid. Its the worst thing turn 10 could have done for me. Everytime i load it up i see those un ticked boxes staring at me and i know i won't be satisfied until they are all ticked..

You seem to level up a lot quicker in this than forza 2, i don't know if it is because i'm playing with a lot less assists then i did in 2 or they have altered the amounts, but i'm already up to 27, that took me a life time in forza 2.

• 2 weeks later...

is there a way to mirror things in the editor? i didnt remember seeing one

Unfortunately not, but it's a feature I would have loved to see. It would save a lot of work.

You can try reducing the size beyond zero, until it has expanded to the same size in the opposite direction, but that dosen't work so well for groups or rotated pieces.

What I do is save the parts as vinyl groups and paste them on the side of a car, then switch to the other side and choose the "insert all layers from left/right side". This will mirror everything onto that side, you can then save the new vinyl groups.

It's taken me nearly an hour to post this due to my crappy work internet access :(

yeah a dedicated mirroring/inverting tool is the digital art messiah. mirror it and then add extra details to create asymmetry and save a bunch of time, lovely stuff. weird this doesnt have it, but maybe not as weird as the fact it doesnt have even a simplistic drawing system!! i prefer mspaint :P