passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

TV Shows

Jimboxy

16 hours ago, Nag said:

Watched the season finale of The Walking Dead earlier, after a bit of a weird season this was a shot in the arm, really enjoyed it... Go Shiva!

That moment was great. Knowing she'd have input at some point it still surprised me :lol:

On 08/04/2017 at 10:26 PM, Nag said:

Watched the season finale of The Walking Dead earlier, after a bit of a weird season this was a shot in the arm, really enjoyed it... Go Shiva!

I think I'm at the point where I'm watched Walking Dead out of familiarity and not because I actually enjoy it. It took us over a week to get around to watching the final episode. Pretty sure I've said this before, but I get what they're doing with it, but the last two series have been pretty dull. 

I watched all of Jessica Jones on Friday. I enjoyed it, it's probably about 4 episodes too long, or at least they should have started the narrative a few episodes later, but  all in all it's good. I'm not usually a fan of David Tennant either, he managed to over act Dr Who which takes some doing, but he's brilliant in Jessica Jones 

I think it will either be an attempt to get him disbarred or run an advert with the recording on it.

I reckon that's what's going to cause Jimmy to become Saul.

Also, we know who's tailing Mike, right? I can't wait for this meeting to happen.

Yeah I really like The Leftovers too, not seen S3 yet as I'm waiting for it to come on Sky but S1 & 2 were excellent.

Somehow it has these really moving epiphany-inducing moments of clarity and wonder that no other TV series has ever really managed, it is really strange and hard to get your head around all the different meanings, metaphors and events at times but I adore it.

Just cained season 4 of Bates Motel, I really like that show. Freddie Highmore and Vera Farmiga are both excellent in their roles as Norman and Norma. At just 10 episodes a season it doesn't drag on too long. And season 5 has just started on Universal so happy days.

Jim, I'm with you on the last series of Walking Dead. It had some good episodes but great it was not.

10 hours ago, Nag said:

Enabled a free Amazon Prime trial just because, decided to cane season 4 of Black Sails, three episodes in its good stuff. Really impressed by the stream quality of Prime too... not eighty quid impressed but it's nice.

Isn't it a bit less of you just have streaming and not the rest of the prime stuff. 

We split the cost of ours between my parents and two of my brother in laws. You can have up to four members of your family using the prime delivery. Think you can have two simultaneous streams as well. For us it's worked out as about £20 a year doing that. 

it's because Amazon do a shit job of separating their streaming service from the rest of Amazon. I get why, you want to watch something it's there even if it's not part of Prime, but when it's being compared to Netflix, which it's always going to be, it makes them look like they're ripping people off.

I like Prime though, I think it helps if you use Amazon for other things too, but they've a lot of good stuff on there even if it's not got the "fun" stuff Netflix has

5 ep's into 13 Reasons Why, I quite like it, it seemed to be in my wheelhouse before I started it as I love things like Life is Strange and 'coming of age' films like The Perks of Being a Wallflower so unsurprisingly I like it, it is a bit twee sometimes though, very cringey in places and the actress that plays Hannah is fucking horrendous.

Apart from that though it's pretty decent, got an intriguing premise with a very dark centre, lots of mystery too and the lead actor who plays Clay is very good.

Watched episode 1 of American Gods last night. According to the internet it was really good and I liked it a lot, but according to my brain I thought it was just okay. Lots of things just seemingly happening, which might work well in a book but doesnt work well in a pilot episode, in my opinion. Especially when the main character is largely reactionary to all this stuff going on around him, and doesnt seem able to convey any emotion that is not UTTER confusion, TOTAL rage, or DESTITUTE  sadness...no shades of grey

It was just the first episode though so I will watch the second and see if it properly starts.

That bit with the dude going right up the dirty lady's minge was a bit weird, and not really in keeping with the rest of the tone, although thinking about it, the tone was fucking all over the place.