passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

TV Shows

Jimboxy

Finished series 3 of Bates Motel.

It's weird because I know there's a 4th series (and I've spoiled a couple of key plot points for myself) but it ends like it really doesn't need another series.

Not to say there isn't more stuff to happen with different characters, but it ends firmly setting up Norman Bates' future as a serial killer with his mother trapped in his head. And the last scene of the series is pretty much perfect, especially the music choice.

If anyone's vaguely interested, I would recommend it. Though I would've preferred a proper prequel and not a reboot.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the first two Ep's of Iron Fist earlier, have to say I absolutely love it so far.

Quite a bit different to the other Defenders, the whole trained by Monk's backdrop reminds me of Batman Begins and Bulletproof Monk. There's quite a bit of mystery to it too which I didn't expect, just learning about Rand's past piece by piece is very interesting, the story has already taken some twists I completely wasn't expecting at all and gone to some dark places.

It feels a bit like the last few episode's of Daredevil S2 as well with the whole Chinese vibe going on, and talk of The Hand you can see how Daredevil and Iron Fist's stories are going to potentially crossover and intersect.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished off Iron Fist yesterday.

Unsurprisingly, I loved it throughout. Some of the dialogue is intrinsically more cheesey throughout than the other Marvel shows and some of the 'Kun Luhn' speeches by Rand are cringe inducing but I loved pretty much everything else.

I loved that there wasn't some big maniacal villain at the start to fixate on and it kept you guessing throughout, the fight scenes I didn't see any issues with whatsoever (seemed on par to all the other Marvel TV series to me) and the plot and characters were generally excellent in my view.

Probably doesn't rate as highly as DD S1 or LC S1 but I would rate it higher than DD S2 and JJ S1 personally, well worth a watch.

I'm going through it myself.

It's had some right kickings with the reviews but at the moment it seems fine to me.

Definitely my least favourite of the Netflix Marvel shows as yet but it's alright.

Rand is certainly a prick, and although he does have the moves to back it all up, I've met a lot of people like him, entrenched in some other culture, making him sound like a right weirdo.

You not like Jessica Jones? I thought it was excellent, especially Tennant's character. It also helps that Krysten Ritter is a lovely bit of eye candy.

Mmmm Kristen. Jessica needs to wash more tho the dirty Herbert.

I'm nearly done with Iron fist. Just two more episodes. The main issues are lack of a good Villain (every hero needs one), the F.Jones just isn't that great n the role or the scriptwriting is that bad the guy can't do much. I mean I'll admit i don't know a great deal on Iron Fist but i think the whole 'man out of touch' and 'I know Kung-Fu' thing could've been done better. 

I can't accept the fighting being as good as Dare Devil for me. It's more brutal and choreography has more conviction. It suits him. Here the sacred martial arts vibe just ends up looking a bit flakey at times. Maybe Jones can't carry it off i dunno. Just bugs me.

Spoiler

Couple that with how underdone The Hand is as a cult and they come across about as threatening as TMNT footsoldiers, and Bakuto ain't no Shredder

I think my issue is by the high standards set before this drops a little. It reminds me of DC's output in Arrow or the Flash. Both of which i watch and enjoy so you know i enjoyed Iron Fist, despite my criticisms. Just not as much as the others.

I tried watching Trailer Park Boys after hearing so much about it, but really didn't find it funny. Apparently it gets better after a couple of series but I'm not that bothered.

Still going through Iron Fist which is still "ok" but I found Psychoville on Netflix so I'm watching that through again.

Also the 4th series of Bates Motel is up so I'll give that a watch at some point.

Ive been watching Mr Robot, on the second series now. I really liked it initially and then they sort of made it so it was uncomfortable to watch rather than this cool cyber jaunt that it started as. I dunno but I just dont look forward to watching it and my interest is trailing off a little bit. Christian Slater is fantastic in it by the way, and I find the actress that plays Darlene super hot even though I dunno, she looks like a sort of scary monster, its weird.

Yeah, same. She was in something called Suburbia, she was good looking in that's but wasn't the hot air head she was supposed to be playing 

Anyway, stick with series 2, I'm not sure what they were trying for the 1st half but it does get good again 

Decided i needed another cheesy show to be enjoying so started Grimm. It's like a poor man's Supernatural. Main guy reminds of Brandon Routh. Silas Weir Mitchell as the wolf guy is a plus point, pretty amusing.

Yeah, it's alright.

56 minutes ago, DANGERMAN said:

Yeah, same. She was in something called Suburbia, she was good looking in that's but wasn't the hot air head she was supposed to be playing 

Anyway, stick with series 2, I'm not sure what they were trying for the 1st half but it does get good again 

Apparently its called Suburgatory according to a google search. I feel like ive seen her in something but I think its because she looks like Kat Dennings and also like somebody I used to work with and so as a result my brain has split the difference and convinced me ive seen her in something before.

My girlfriend watches something called Vampire Diaries and it made me realise that stuff like that still exists, media for the masses. My equivalent of it was Smallville, which I used to watch and then realised it was basically just the same thing over and over with pretty much no depth. I guess they will always exist but after watching even a few episodes in the background I was just so bored and you start to feel like every character and scenario is utterly interchangeable.

I started rewatching peep show and I dont know whats changed but I found it almost grating and it was kind of stressing me out, when I was a kid watching the earlier series I thought it was just the funniest thing ever but now I cant watch too many at once, I just get fed up of things never working out for them.

All this makes me think that I need a continuous arch in things I watch with almost everything happening on screen being pertinent or relevant in some kind of way, like ive been spoiled by generally higher quality TV being made, or im just fussy, not sure.

4 hours ago, ThreeFour said:

Decided i needed another cheesy show to be enjoying so started Grimm. It's like a poor man's Supernatural. Main guy reminds of Brandon Routh. Silas Weir Mitchell as the wolf guy is a plus point, pretty amusing.

Yeah, it's alright.

I like Grimm! It's not fantastic but it is pretty watchable fluff.