passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

TV Shows

Jimboxy

I'm currently watching some old Derren Brown shows, very clever man. If the shows really are made with "no stooges or actors" then it boggles the mind how he does some of it.

I keep hearing about Homeland the same way I kept hearing about Breaking Bad so I'm gonna take it as a good sign to start watching. Is it on UK Netflix?

Just finished watching BSG: Blood and Chrome on youtube, and its good!! watched a chunk of it in HD on my vita and blimey that screen is so good for this sort of program, if you have missed it catch it on youtube, 8 minisodes all BSG goodnews and a few surprises!

is anyone else watching Limmy's Show? It's a Scottish sketch show on the iplayer, the latest episode (ep 5) is genius

Yeah, it has been good so far but the more conventional sketch stuff hasn't been that hot this series, like the Paraside, Adventure Call and Deedee, but the weirder one-off stuff has been good; probably the best he's done.

• 3 weeks later...

FX is one of my favorite channels. They seem to just make hits - Louie, Sons of Anarchy and American Horror Story to name a few. Well they have a new show coming next month called The Americans. I like the cold war Russian spy embedded in the U.S. slant. FX may have another hit on their hands.

Promos for The Americans

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=p-qEGs-3lnk

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Qyq1RC12dF0

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=NrabBaKAUyU

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ikSLiJYzxrE

Anyone seen the show, Spy? I think it may only be on Sky, started last year, I only found out about it the other week when a friend recorded it and showed it me.

Very funny, has the same sense of humour and timing as Spaced and Shaun of the Dead.

It's about a guy who accidentally stumbles into a job as an MI5 spy and is rubbish but somehow ends up looking like he knows what he's doing.

The only problem is that I recognised the main guy as having played John Cleese in a show about the Pythons during the Life of Brian stuff. After that, I had trouble thinking of anything other than Cleese.

• 1 month later...

Been watching Criminal Minds:Suspect behaviour on watch, i really should learn by now american crime stuff on other non hi profile channels never get a second season, been sucked in before and damn its happened again! Tbh it was a slow series and not as gripping as the original Criminal minds but well worth a watch if thats your thing!

Has anyone else been watching Utopia? It's still infuriatingly vague but it's so well shot! They've picked a cast from things that people who will watch will really like, it seems deliberate too given that they've got both the people from Kill List in it (shame Gav's wife isn't in this though). I like how bluntly violent it is at times too, the opening of this weeks episode probably wouldn't have made it to air a couple of weeks back

Been watching Ripper Street on BBC America which is brilliant. This goes down as one of my favorite shows.

I saw the trails for this and wanted to watch it, but most of the reviews I've seen have been really down on it. Hopefully I'll remember to give it a go before it disappears from iplayer

I was gonna bring up Utopia too as I'm enjoying it. I just cought up with the second and third episodes yesterday and it is dark, but weirdly cartoonishly so. It's got a lot of familiar faces in it as well as the Kill List guys. It's got the bloke that was blown up by sheep in Four Lions and the Scottish guy out of The Thick of It who isn't Malcolm Tucker.

I'm at a bit of a loss now I've finished Arrested Development, and while I wait for the rest of Breaking Bad, so I started watching The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret because it has two from AD in it.

It's way too cringey for me.

Been watching Ripper Street on BBC America which is brilliant. This goes down as one of my favorite shows.

I saw the trails for this and wanted to watch it, but most of the reviews I've seen have been really down on it. Hopefully I'll remember to give it a go before it disappears from iplayer
I'm up to episode 5 now, it's not too bad. It doesn't seem to know what it is though, tonally it's quite dark at times but it pulls its punches as though it was pre-watershed.

The cast is great though, loads of people who you recognise, or would if not for the scars and facial hair. Disappointingly they've managed to make the wife from Kill List look less than amazing despite her being a madam :(