passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

GameStats

Jimboxy

I was talking about this with Hendo and David the other night. I checked my playing stats on "Sol Free" a free solitaire app on the iPhone.. well the below image speaks for itself

post-166-1233745076.png

I don't know whats worse the time i've spent playing or the win/loss ratio.

Anyway got me thinking, whats the most amount of hours you've ploughed into one game, and do you have any regrets about it?

I dont know the exact times but I spent a lot of time on DC PSO. I got my first character to lvl100 - then raised that to lvl200 when v2 came out and also had another character at lvl120 and a couple of more characters in the 60s/70s.

I dont regret it as I loved that game - I was single and had a lot of free time so I wasnt neglecting anything else by playing. I think I did stray a little too close to addiction tho :)

I used to play it even when I was rat-arsed after a night out. Join a team - type some drunken rambles and then fall asleep. Im sure no-one found that annoying <_<

I think I spent over 100 hours on Shining Force 3 part 3. I wanted to get all 3 of my team leaders this rare sword you could only get by beating this hidden challenge dungeon. Certain members of my team were better suited to certain floors, so I had to grind each team (and spare characters) to whatever level, then do the same again with the next, then the next. It kind of ruined the end of the game, the last 2 fights were such a piece of piss because my characters had to be overpowered to beat the dungeon, that I could have beaten them with my weakest character alone.

That was a good cheap summer though, played all 3 SF3 games back to back :)

Other than that, bar the last 2 years, I traditionally put over 2 weeks a year into Football Manager. I ony really used to play at weekends, but I could easily do nothing else but play them, showering at in the evening whilst the game was saving, that type of thing. I kind of want another Football Manager game, but the amount of other stuff you dont get done is frightening, although it might save some money in the long run

When playing Final Fantasy VII in the school holidays (1998 maybe?) me and my friend Mark put in over 200 hours between us. He'd come over mine at 8 in the morning, we'd fire up the game and play an hour each, swapping between saves. Then he'd go home about 8 in the evening. Did that pretty much everyday for 6 weeks. We both managed to get all master materia, all ultimate weapons, all summons, golden chocobo's and beat all the boss weapons.

Also another one we tag teamed was the original Gran Turismo, did the same thing, got all licences, finished all races, brought all cars etc etc. Not sure of the exact amount of time, but must have been over 200 as well.

I don't regret any of it, and we still speak often of that wasted summer.

I dont know the exact times but I spent a lot of time on DC PSO. I got my first character to lvl100 - then raised that to lvl200 when v2 came out and also had another character at lvl120 and a couple of more characters in the 60s/70s.

I dont regret it as I loved that game - I was single and had a lot of free time so I wasnt neglecting anything else by playing. I think I did stray a little too close to addiction tho :)

I used to play it even when I was rat-arsed after a night out. Join a team - type some drunken rambles and then fall asleep. Im sure no-one found that annoying <_<

This, although my internet was cut when I reached 101 :(

However, my main character (the one I got to level 101) I had to restart about 4 times, 2 times some scrout on the Oberon ship used Xploder codes to corrupt my VM, 1 time I accidently corrupted the file by pulling the VMu out of the pad in a panic when, again whilst on Oberon, I "transported" onto Pioneer without wanting to do so (i.e. I didn't start a game...) and 2 guys came out of my character after it loaded Pioneer 2 with me stood in the portal to the Principle/Presidents room, the latter time I got NOL'd (my character was transformed into a Level 5 character based on one of the early NPC's). Everytime these happened I was on or around the level 44 mark.

I also had a HUnewearl I got to about level 65 and a HUmar at level 50, plus about 6 other characters at various lower levels.

I partially do regret it, I don't because one of the guys I became good friends with on there I still talk to alot on MSN and we're still really good friends (despite him being a Chelsea fan... :P ) but I regret it because I ran up some stupidly high phone bills which didn't please my Mum.

I suppose Pokemons been my vice, and no regrets. From Red to Diamond ive banked over a thousand hours easily, my cousin and i used to sit in his conservatory every Sunday hatching in game eggs on our in game bikes. All i used to do was breed hybrid super Pokemon and raise them to level 100 and loved every minute of it.

Tales of Symphonia and Oblivion both consumed 80 hours a piece. I never regret any amounts of time spent on games as its always been my choice, rarely at gunpoint.

I suppose Pokemons been my vice, and no regrets. From Red to Diamond ive banked over a thousand hours easily, my cousin and i used to sit in his conservatory every Sunday hatching in game eggs on our in game bikes.

This. Pokemon has taken up soooo much of my time over the years, I remember when the second generation of games came out, the ones on the gameboy colour when it first had real time night and day, I used to stay up until stupid hours every night trying to find certain night pokemans....good times

Mario kart is also a weakness of mine, maybe not for total time spent, but in terms of consecutive hours, I remember getting mario kart 64 and just playing that until id won every race and unlocked everything.

I have spent over a 1000 hours on Pokemon too, my saves alone on sapphire was over 500 hours, I played silver even more. :o I have finished Yellow (100 hours+?), Gold and Silver (Gold was done quite quickly as I imported over my Silver squad, but it still took about 50 hours to catch the legendary dogs :o ). Both Pokemon stadiums were finished as were the Colosseum games (getting Ho-oh took forever, as we had a power cut when I was playing and I had to start it again <_< ). However, I have not finished Diamond or Pearl, and I don't own the Wii Pokemon game. Tbh, I think I have had enough of that game to last me a life time. :blush:

Animal Crossing on the DS, i spend at least an hour a day, have done for over 2 months. Normally i have a short attention span so rarely spend more than 5 hours on any game, really should play games more often, but there is footy on the tele tonight!

i've spent 50-100 hours on stuff like racing games, cmr2, gp2, pgr and shooters, ikaruga, dodonpachi, ketsui. but guitar hero/rock band and halo are loads more than that, well over 6500 games on halo 2 and upto ~3500 on halo 3 so far, i've made some good friends playing halo :) sometimes i think i should maybe get out more but i don't know.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/PlayerStatsHal...player=spatular

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Halo3/Default....player=spatular

edit - like the puzzle game in the first post, my total hours on tetris and minesweeper would probably be pretty high too.

I must have spent quite a bit of time on Pokemon over the years as well - me and my other half by the two versions between us and play them solidly until our pokedexes are full. We have done ruby/sapphire, fire red/leaf green and diamond/pearl between us. He has also played the two GC games, the Wii game, the mystery dungeon games and the ranger one as well.

Ok Hendo text me and asked me to post here ...

Hi to u all btw sorry its been a while but as u know my Wow addiction rules my internet habits

so anyhow my 4 main wow chars (i have been playing 3.5yrs so far btw)

Shyamala 55days 5hrs

Deabit 39 days 14hrs

Zeaxti 21 days 17hrs

Daemis 4days 9 hrs

this are my current chars on the server i am currently calling home... i have 12 other chars on 4 other servers with between 1 days and 6days game time on them all

however i dont regret it, i have had lots of fun and keep in touch with a fair few of my Rl friends who are now scattered around the country

the game counts a day as a full 24hrs playtime for those of u who havent played wow

cya

Ok Hendo text me and asked me to post here ...

Hi to u all btw sorry its been a while but as u know my Wow addiction rules my internet habits

so anyhow my 4 main wow chars (i have been playing 3.5yrs so far btw)

Shyamala 55days 5hrs = 1325

Deabit 39 days 14hrs = 950

Zeaxti 21 days 17hrs = 512

Daemis 4days 9 hrs = 105

total = 2892 Hours

this are my current chars on the server i am currently calling home... i have 12 other chars on 4 other servers with between 1 days and 6days game time on them all

however i dont regret it, i have had lots of fun and keep in touch with a fair few of my Rl friends who are now scattered around the country

the game counts a day as a full 24hrs playtime for those of u who havent played wow

cya

:o

I should point out that he does have a full-time job, wife and two small kids.

Fuck knows how he does it.

Is his full time job Warcraft and is he married with kids to some one in world of warcraft? Thats the only way it makes sense.

thats ridiculous :blink:

The game tht i have played most hours on is Guild Wars which is 370 hours but thats only with my main character.

pokemon, bout 100 hrs each on Red, Sapphire and Pearl.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance i clocked up 80 hrs.

Im sure we had a thread on this before..