passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Currently listening to....

RivaOni

1 hour ago, regemond said:

Being sslightly underwhelmed with the music choices in Forza Horizon 3, I had a bit of a play around with the Groove app. I still can't get the playlists to work properly, even though I have one saved, but I did throw Kiesza's album on over the game.

Now I can't get the first track out of my head. She combines trance aspects with an old school dance flavour for the kind of music I wouldn't normally listen to but always seem to really enjoy.

This is the first track which is also the first single from the album.

https://youtu.be/Vnoz5uBEWOA

Edit: is there a way to embed that video rather than post it as a link from mobile?

The forum software normally converts it to embedded automagically for me. The link redirects to youtube's mobile site for me, maybe that's a factor? 

That video is on in my gym constantly, but I had no idea who it was or what it sounds like because the music coming from the classes is obnoxiously loud. I like it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Izzy Bizu. I got an email off Vodafone a couple of days ago highlighting her as a new artist to watch, and it described her sound as 'jazz-inflected pop' and that her first album 'showcases her stunning, husky voice'. I'm a big fan of Eliza Doolittle and that kind of chilled, inoffensive pop so I gave her a look on Spotify.

I've instantly fell in love with her voice. Incredibly relaxing and just nice to listen to.

I can see me listening to her a fair bit on the bus/train to work on the days I can't be bothered reading.

Again, not my normal type of music, but there's something about that kind of sound that just grabs me.

Recently I've been listening to two new albums, Only a River by Bob Weir (of the Grateful Dead) and Ruminations by Conor Oberst (of Bright Eyes). I've never listened much to Bright Eyes and only to a fraction of the Grateful Dead's discography (basically, American Beauty), but I really like both albums. Only a River is kind of a collection of cowboy songs, you can find loads of videos of Weir performing the songs and talking about them on youtube. I might post up one. But first here's a video of Conor Oberst performing Ruminations in its entirety:

• 2 weeks later...

Was looking at the new music out over the weekend and noticed there was a band called Super Unison with an album out. Super Unison is a Drive like Jehu song. John Reis from Rocket from the Crypt post hardcore band from the early 90's. So they much be cool right?!..

I'm in to it. 

That made me go back and listen to the 2 Drive like Jehu albums. Their first album was released 25 years ago (1991) but still sounds fresh and good to me..

• 2 weeks later...

I bought Queen On Air from Amazon Friday morning. I got the deluxe six CD set, and had the MP3s instantly.

Back in the seventies when Radio One was actually cool, whenever a big band or artist released a new album, they'd be invited into the BBC studios to record some of the tracks live, and do interviews. That's what this collection is about. The first two discs are Queen's BBC live sessions. The next two are Queen concerts that the BBC aired on the radio. And the final two discs are recorded interviews with the band.

Yes I'm an old school Queen fan as you know. But it's fucking awesome!

A Tribe Called Quest's new album, all the way through multiple times a day..

The sound quality of that video isn't the best but Conrad is probably my favourite track at the moment, it's hard to choose. Album is hellacopter radish. 

• 1 month later...

Just did a favourite albums of 2016 list for my tumblr so I'll post it again here:

1. Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

2. Kanye West - The Life of Pablo

3. Chance the Rapper - Coloring Book

4. Kevin Morby - Singing Saw

5. Sturgill Simpson - A Sailor's Guide to Earth

6. Hamilton Leithauser & Rostam - I Had a Dream that You Were Mine

7. Conor Oberst - Ruminations

8. Bob Weir - Blue Mountain

I highly recommend all of those. Mostly singer-songwriters, rappers and...Radiohead. It's been the best part of a decade since I've enjoyed new music from Radiohead so A Moon Shaped Pool makes me very happy. It's more than I deserve... *wipes a tear"

Unlike last year, where most of the albums I liked I've completely stopped listening to, I think this years albums will have a lot more longevity

1 hour ago, Duck said:

@radiofloyd all them rap albums and no Tribe? For shame! ;)

I'll put together a list at some point over the next week. 2016 was a good year though. 

I've listened to their album several times and it hasn't grabbed me yet. Time will tell... I haven't listened to RTJ3 at all.

Another album I liked a lot this year was Anderson .Paak's Malibu. I just got a bit sick of it but he is insanely talented.

As for David Bowie's Blackstar, I listen to it intermittently but I couldn't call it a favourite. It is good though...

1. Radiohead "A Moon Shaped Pool"

2. Lewis Del Mar "Lewis Del Mar"

3. John Paul White "Beulah"

4. Mogwai "Atomic"

5. 65daysofstatic "No Man's Sky : Music For An Infinite Universe"

6. Christine and the Queens "Chaleur Humaine"

7. Def Neon "Def Neon"

8. Biffy Clyro "Ellipsis"

9. DJ Shadow "The Mountain Will Fall"

10. David Bowie "Blackstar"

Probably in order of most played to least played. The Radiohead album is exceptional.

Apart from the Black Mountain album I don't think there's been a standout album for me this year. I know the rest not 10 that I rate high enough to mention but I did like the Mogwai album, Radiohead was good, Explosions in the Sky wasn't terrible 

Black Mountain - IV

Deftones - Gore
Yndi Halda - Under Summer
Modern Baseball - Holy Ghost 
Daughter - Not To Disappear 

I thought Deftones came out last year, Media Player disagrees, so I'd put in Smother - Pansy 

Best albums of 2016, here we go!..

1. A Tribe Called Quest - We Got It From Here....Thank You 4 Your Service.

2. Neurosis - Fires Within Fires.

3. Nails - You'll Never Be One Of Us

4. Moodymann - DJ Kicks

5. Nicolas Jaar - Sirens

6. Dwaallicht - Wilkin EP

7. Bossk - Audio Noir

8. Swans - The Glowing Man

9. American Football - II

10. Astronoid - Air

I could of easily done a top 20. Moodymann's release is technically a mixtape but it's too good not to put on there. If I had work and I needed to be relaxed to concentrate, That and Tribe were perfect. 

I've spent most of the evening spamming Twitter with this, but I found my old iPod 'classic' a few weeks ago and managed to pull all the music back into my library, newly 7000 songs...

I'd forgotten how much music I'd managed to gather over the years. It's a combination of CD's I've owned, friends music library's that we exchanged, illegal downloads and goodness knows what else.

Stand outs have been The Black Mages (Final Fantasy metal covers), Brand New, British Sea Power, a fuck load of Smashing Pumpkins, some pretty good film sound tracks, some weird J-POP I bought in Japan and various other things.

Now I need to get some across to my phone. 

Me again, it's like I've just discovered music again.

So I have a fuck load of Greenday in my collection (all of which where legitimate purchases as well I think). Now, I've not been a fan of Greenday for a long time, however I'd forgotten about Warning (both the album and the single). At the time I dismissed it as not sounding enough like Greenday, most of the songs are pretty slow, not really any heavy guitars etc. Turns out it's a pretty good album both musically and lyrically. Certainly better than anything they've done from American Idiot on wards.

Cloud Nothings new album 'leaked' last week and I've been listening to it loads. It's good but thats no surprise, I don't think they've ever made a bad album. 

I've also been listening to Neil Cicierga's new mash up album. This track blew my mind..

The Inception soundtrack with YMCA. 

This one too..

https://youtu.be/mw2fh8qfDiA

My son got me into this group, and I thought I'd share. They're called Steam Powered Giraffe. Their back story is they're 100 year old steam and clockwork powered robots, that were created to help a giant steam powered giraffe fight a likewise huge steam powered elephant. After the war was over, they put down their weapons, and took up music. Weird story, but I think the music is quite catchy, and I've added a couple of vids here for you to look at.

• 1 month later...