passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

MFGamers Podcast (archive)

Hendo

Bit short notice but I could do with someone to join me on a recording today or tonight.

Won't take long, 45 minutes all in unless there's technical hitches. Just 15 minutes each on something on what you've played the last month.

I'll do it! :awe:

MFGamers Jan 2012 Podcast

Ben & Sam (Team Bam) and Hendo & Ben (Team Bendo) review what they've been playing in the quiet month of January. Including Resident Evil Revelations, Star Wars The Old Republic, and Dark Souls

MFGamers Jan 2012 Podcast (Standard version)

(right click, choose save as...)

Subscribe in iTunes

Just a note, it's not appearing on itunes yet. It could be something I've done, but more likely it's something you've done. Also the itunes list is a mess, someone else is going to fix that for you probably

Leave it to Hendo to fix it.

If you started downloading in the last few minutes it might screw up so try again.

Also, good podcast, Cyberpunk. Though I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to C64 music and prefer the SID chip originals.

I couldn't seem to download it earlier on my phone, but streaming worked so I listened to it that way.

I like the format.

Hendo, I thought your expectations of New Game+ in the Bastion thread were little odd at the time. To me, New Game+ is restarting the game with weapons/skills/exp etc. gained from completing it. I can't think of any game where starting again alters the story according to what you did last time. I agree it would be great if that was what happened though.

I've heard a few people praise Rage recently. Reaction to it seems much more balanced now the hype and expectation are out of the way (as well as most of the technical problems) - with the same caveats not to expect too much from the story, ending etc. That it's basically just another solid iD shooter. Unfortunately for reasons I've never really understood, that's enough to put me off.

Downloaded the files, I'll give it a bash but can't guarantee when by, maybe Monday.

Enjoyed the show, the format does work pretty well but with Sly and DC's part coming up it needs two things to work properly - everyone needs to be on the ball with how long they're recording (15 to 20 mins max a person) and there needs to be communication of who is recording with who and when it will be ready, as this one could've been put on the end of the other one but it's a bit late now.

Apologies this end, I can only really record on a Saturday for certain. Having listened to the Hendgersam show, I understand what you are aiming for now. It'd be nice if Ben didn't have to appear in 2 slots and in future maybe make arrange it so that we're not talking to the same people? I'd love to do one with either Sam or Cyberpunk, or anyone else for that matter.

On topic of the last podcast.

• MMO's are weird in the fact you can play the fuckers forever, but not actually do anything that could be considered progress. There's been times where I have gotten on with the intentions of playing with friends and decided to kill time while they showed up by doing menial things which I don't think I'd ever do outside an MMO. The main reason was to get gold, it seems like it's in abundance until you first look at the auction house (AH) and realise that 1 item on there is actually worth 1000g more than you character is worth in total. It gets to a point where you can look at the economy and gauge whether it's a good time to buy or sell. I played every class in the game up to level 20, and it got to the point where I saw how things worked with the economy where I could exploit it to my benefit. I remember when I was trying out the rogue class that I would sell any leather I gathered on the AH as I was getting more of it than I could possibly use myself for crafting. Now let me tell you this. People who have being playing WoW a long time are fucking lazy. For the sake of spending 10 minutes outside the gates of Orgrimar killing boars and skinning, I could make myself between 1g and 20g dependant on the market. For some reason when I started this Rogue, there was a leather shortage and for a stack of light leather you were looking at a 100g payout as soon as you put it on the AH. I spent a few hour one night just harvesting the fuck out of this leather because I knew I had to make hay while the proverbial sun shined. Not only did that character pay itself in training and all the other expensive shit you have to pay for during levelling up, but it paid for another class I used at the same time that I used exclusively for doing dungeons. It might have seemed like a slog at the time, but that grinding of the AH meant that I didn't have to do it at a later date.

The commitment thing is funny really. If you really wanted to you could play once a week and still do fine for your level. The problem for commitment arises when you have a group of friends who say that they'll be on at a specific time so you can party up and do a few dungeons only for them to cry off or even worse not say anything and not turn up, just leaving those that do high and dry, and least likely to turn up the following event because they were let down in the first place. That's where the commitment problems come in. It's same as anything really, I've know sports teams kick off with really good attendance rates, then a few people miss a few times and then it causes a knock on effect to the point where everyone just things "Fuck this, I have better things to do than wait about for people that are never going to turn up!"

My time in WoW was mostly played as a single player game. Although the missions and stuff where the same out in the play areas, the way you went about the varied dependant on the class you had rolled. Because no two classes played the same, the same quest prove different challenges that had to be tackled accordingly.I also don't think that MMO's are addictive in the ways many people assume they are. I mean, I played the fuck out of it when I was subscribed to it, but that doesn't mean I was addicted. I didn't need it to operate, and although I miss it, I miss it because it was an enjoyable game.

• A teacake with fruit in is called a currant teacake.

• I've never heard anyone from York talk like that.

• Where can I get tickets to see Pulp Fiction at the cinema? I want to know because I would totally fucking go see it.

Have started editing the Sly and DC show now, not sure when I'll be done but if not tonight then tomorrow.

I will say that I'll put this up as a separate show - was considering re-editing the January one and bolting this on the end, or calling it January (part 2) but because it doesn't really follow the same format I'll put it up as a separate podcast.

Also, a lot of mic noise on your end, Sly. I'm doing what I can to eliminate as much as possible but there's a lot of sounds like you're giving it a good old whack. DC's file is as smooth as a baby's bum.

Also, a lot of mic noise on your end, Sly. I'm doing what I can to eliminate as much as possible but there's a lot of sounds like you're giving it a good old whack. DC's file is as smooth as a baby's bum.

dorty dorty sly!

tbf I've done a podcast with DC and it's hard to control yourself :toss:

A really great show this week. Good to hear sam'imnotposh'bob and Hendo. Nice one Ben for putting in the extra effort, too. Resi Revelations has been ordered. Can't wait. :)

I quite enjoyed the C64 special that 'punk put together, as well.

MFGamers Podcast - D.P. In The Coffee

Sly Reflex and DifferentClass give their take on some news and some of what they have played, including Donkey Kong Country Returns, Super Mario 3D Land, Oddworld : Stranger's Wrath, Dead Island, Quarrel and Deadly Premonition.

The opening track is 'Jura' by PG. Lost, and you can buy their album for $5 HERE

MFGamers - D.P. In The Coffee

(right click, choose save as...)

Subscribe in iTunes.

enjoyed hearing DC talk about Strangers Wrath, I never got to play it when it came out, although I've got a copy say in a box somewhere. And I agree completely about Mario, so many ideas in that game.

What was going on with your mic though sly, is it loose, it sounded like it was moving about?

I wanted to talk about Stranger's Wrath more but I didn't have time to jot much down before the recording and my mind went a bit blank. I thought about HD remasters as a whole, but realised it's actually the first one I've played, to my own surprise, so was left in conversation limbo.

I don't know if they'll be coming this fast. Me and Sly only did one because we (or I) didn't know Ben and Hendo were. It's there for people who want something extra.

• Hendo changed the title to MFGamers Podcast (archive)
  • Hendo locked this topic