passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

MFGamers Podcast (archive)

Hendo

I was under the impression there's still a talky one coming this week?

I would like to say that anyone else who wants to work on stuff to go up on the feed, let me know and I'll send you the info you'll need.

There's tons of possibilities that can be done with an audio file (or video file if you're feeling adventurous) so you can make anything, like covering game music with a band, remixing music, interviewing people (like what elmo does with his dad on Joypod), recording yourself having a good old rant, etc.

I'm still waiting for the Bob and Simon show to appear. :ph34r:

I was under the impression there's still a talky one coming this week?

I asked Ben last night, and there wasn't a recording due to lack of games played and illdog not being available. I'd have held mine back for another week otherwise. :)

Ed, you need to loosen up when talking, it sounded like you were reading something out, I know nerves happen and stuff but with a bit of practice you can hide them well. Apart from that I am very impressed. Thumbs up from me. Excellent Shatter track, but then again it would be hard to pick a bad one from that game as it's dead good 'n' stuff.

it sounded like you were reading something out,

That's because I was. :blush: I was trying to get that section of speaking at a certain length so it fitted in the gap between main part of the intro theme and the first track. I was definitely trying too hard I think. It does sound very stiff and, in retrospect, not how I normally sound at all. Still, lessons learned and all that. I could always upload the intro-less version of the podcast. :lol: Apart from that I'm pretty proud of what I've put out, I enjoyed picking the tracks, deciding the order and how I was going to merge them, adding the artwork and chapters. It's rewarding stuff.

we should have guest music pod-casts, where a member picks out all the tracks for a pod-casts and does a little talking about them.

That's something Ed and I were discussing. Like Hendo said, if anyone wants to use the feed, it'll be great. I will ask that y'all pm Ben and Wiivo about the pod-cast first though. If we all try to put stuff up on blank weeks, it should fill out nicely. I've got a few ideas that I'm gonna try out.

Ed, I'm gonna listen to your cast at work today.

we should have guest music podcasts, where a member picks out all the tracks for a podcasts and does a little talking about them.

Cant wait to listen to that fucking Doom track again

that was you wasn't it?

that was my finest hour.

literally, it went on foooooooorever

MFGamers Podcast 59 - What We're Playing

The Gaming Week at MFGamers.com with Ben and Illdog

Ben is joined by Illdog, and they talk about various games, and the Golden Joystick awards

Theme music is the MFGamers theme

Background music is DSI Ware Shopping Channel

MFGamers Podcast 59 (Standard version)

(right click, choose save as...)

Subscribe in iTunes.

Apologies in advance about the poor sound quality in this one. Illdog was having microphone troubles throughout. I've amplified it where I could, so non of the conversation is lost, but you may get a touch of rumble on the amplified bits.

i'm sure my point about the hop/slide button in super mario kart was that there is a jump porwerup (feather) in that version too so it didn't make sense to call it the jump button :P

good podcasting guys, and good work on the editing Cyberpunk so that we could hear illdog even though Ben couldn't :)

Nope, not coming down for me either. I'll take a look at the RSS feed now.

*EDIT* Fixed it, one of the links to the mp3 was pointing towards 58 instead of 59.

I wish you guys would stick with one way of naming the files, I have no idea what's what in the folder. If we start running out of space in the server I'm gonna have to delete stuff eventually and it'd be easier to work out what everything is if it was all MFGXX.file

If I do have to delete stuff to make room it'll probably be the mp3 duplicates of the podcasts with chapters, to be fair.

Right where to start

First, good job CP. That one cant have been easy, and I'm glad it was one of the shorter ones for your sake (pretty much everything we recorded is what you heard)

Second, obviously no offence was meant to any of you lot. It was all just banter, and invariably is taken as such, but I do worry that sometimes it could be taken the wrong way

Third jump button

Fourth I ballsed up the facebook story a bit. It's not really worth going into, but it was my mate who removed my brothers fiancée and my brother that got pissed about it. So you're not imagining it, it didnt make sense

Fifth Passage and Passage explanation

Sixth FOOTBALL

• Hendo changed the title to MFGamers Podcast (archive)
  • Hendo locked this topic