passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

MFGamers Podcast (archive)

Hendo

Not for a couple of weeks at least but I like to get the tunes prepared way before that.

I've got good choices from DifferentClass, Ed, Jimbo and wiivo - need more tracks from anyone else who wants in.

Here's a bonus track for you - Jimbo submitted this one but as you'll see, it won't work as just an audio track (and it's very long) so I thought I'd post it here.

Jimbo sez:

"Kind of a cheat as it isn't game music as such, but a Super Mario world mod that plays some j-pop by itself. Probably needs to be seen to be appreciated, but still not a bad plinky plonky song."

Not for a couple of weeks at least but I like to get the tunes prepared way before that.

I've got good choices from DifferentClass, Ed, Jimbo and wiivo - need more tracks from anyone else who wants in.

I listened to one of these podcasts for the first time today. The duet from the end of ep20 was class.

I'll have a think about some tracks, do you need links to a file or just the name of a track? Is there an easy way see what has been submitted before?

I was toying with going through and making a track list last night. I'll do that this week and get it put in the first post or something.

If you can find the track, be it on youtube or whenever it helps us, either because we'll just rip it from there or to check it's the right one. I'm happy hunting for the mp3 if it means better quality, but sometimes youtube is the only way. Anyway, if you've got some you want pm Hendo and he'll add them to the pile :)

No. 1. Are we getting a podcast before 12 today? It makes the journey intop the city a bit more bearable.

No. 2. You should do a best of compilation for the music ones sometimes, along with a list that Ben mentioned so that we don't get people asking for the same tunes again.

There should be one coming today, but i've no idea a time

As for the tracklist, I dont have the lists for each episode anymore so I'm going to have to relisten to the whole lot to do it. I'll do it at some point but I'm in no rush.

I like the best of idea, I always thought it'd be a good idea for a special occasion of some sort, although what that would be on a forum I've no idea

MFGamers Podcast 24 - What We're Playing 13/07/09

This week, highlights include : Burn Zombie Burn, inFAMOUS, Battlefield 1943, 1 vs 100, Dragon Quest VIII, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Siren : Blood Curse, ExciteBots, what the forum's been playing and news on the UFC blacklisting fighters, Lucasarts classics on Steam and the Summer of Arcade 2009.

Theme music courtesy of Brad Sucks found at http://www.bradsucks.net

MFGamers Podcast 24 - What We're Playing 13/07/09

(right click, choose save as...)

Subscribe by hitting the iTunes button.

itunes.gif

nice podcasting dudes :)

Hendo having to pronounce that 360 shooter made me glad i bought it as i've hardly played it.

public service announcement/letter to ann robinson - Ben mentions every extend extra, he's on about every extend extra extreme (E4) on the 360 which is rubbish. the psp game every extend extra is brilliant and plays completely differently. just wanted to point that out so people don't get mixed up :) i was pretty angry with the 360 version for even using the same name.

good effort chaps.

RE: you're in the movies, yes it is shit, but i still stand by the fact it was funny for an hour or so, the last trailer we made was hilarious. Might see if its possible to upload or share it.

Other than that good effort as ever. I seemed to get a lot of mentions, which makes me feel like a celeb.Which is good.

.......I had to stop myself from posting that picture again, then.

Cheers, I'm putting the tracks together for the next music one (won't come out for a couple of weeks at least though) so if you have any favourite tunes, feel free to PM them or post them here.

Another top show. :)

Ben, if you want to borrow my Another Code card, let me know as I've finished it now. It's fairly short, but I enjoyed it from start to finish. I remember you mentioning Trauma Center too. If you're going to get one, get the sequel. It irons out the flaws of the first, and is a damn fine game.

I listened today on my way into the city. It was pretty good, although I think there was a mistake in the editing, Ben when from talking about Lets Tap to Dragon Quest on the DS a bit abruptly, I don't know whether Ben was just rambling, but it did seem rather odd.

On another note, is Lets Tap really that long? I thought it was just a music game on Wii. I guess that's the problem with the Wii, for someone such as myself I don't comb over every title, I just tend to pick what has been recommended, because the amount of crap on the system is phenomenal. I know there is plenty of skank on the other 2 consoles, but I rarely know where to begin when I look at Wii games, unless like I mentioned, it comes recommended.

EDIT: I've just looked at Lets Tap on youtube, I still have no idea WTF is going on. :(

I listened today on my way into the city. It was pretty good, although I think there was a mistake in the editing, Ben when from talking about Lets Tap to Dragon Quest on the DS a bit abruptly, I don't know whether Ben was just rambling, but it did seem rather odd.

No, that's one of the few bits that I didn't fumble in the editing suite.

I've written down all the tunes used so far, by the way. So many songs! I've resisted having them listed before because I wanted every first listen to be a surprise so you wouldn't know what tracks were in it or what order, but we've got so many that I think it'll be useful. I'll post them up when I get some time.

Also, we're very likely to do a best of one at some point so you should let me know if you have any firm favourites that you'd like to hear again.

I just wanted to say that I've been listening to the podcast for weeks now, and you guys are doing a fantastic job. I work with Ed, and we both have loads of time to listen to all the gaming podcasts. The MF Gamers podcast is one of my highlights. Keep up the good work.

BTW I have a suggestion for your next music from games special. Could you try 'I Stand Alone' by Godsmack, from Prince Of Persia - Warrior Within

Thanks. :)

I've actually got the next music one all organised but I've put your track in the backlog list.

If anyone reading this has PM'd me in the last few days, I have your tracks also in the backlog list.

I'll attach this as a link up in the main menu soon enough, but until then this is a good place to store stuff so you won't have to trawl through a large thread.

http://mfgamers.wordpress.com/

Only the previous tracks are listed there so far, but it'd be good if everyone could pick their favourite tracks that they'd like to hear again, preferably ones they didn't choose in the first place. ;)

Firstly, I am going to apologise to Hendo and Ben. I said there was an editing fault/ weird ramble. I listened again, and there wasn't. I was on the bus at the time, and I guess I got distracted by some boobs which made me lose track of what was being said. My apologies.

Secondly, I spent a bit of time listening to the music ones today, and I think they would benefit from adding chapters, if that's at all possible. There were a few I listened to a few times, and there were a few I skipped, but having to search for the start/finish was a pain in the arse, as was listening to the speaking when you have already heard it 3 or 4 times before. Is it viable to break the songs and chat into chapters so they can be skipped through easily?

• Hendo changed the title to MFGamers Podcast (archive)
  • Hendo locked this topic