passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

MFGamers Podcast (archive)

Hendo

It's easy to be distracted by boobs, so you are forgiven. ^_^

The chapter thing is possible, but it would mean encoding as an AAC file, not mp3 which is obviously not as universally used as mp3 for people's phones and mp3 players. I'm not sure if I'd have to buy software to do this as well, which makes it less likely to happen.

The best substitute, and I've been thinking of doing this for a while, is putting more specific times in the notes when I post them up, like how long the show is and for example of the last one:

Running time: 53:40

Intro and what we've been playing: 00:00 - 26:30

What the forum's been playing: 26:40 - 39:45

News: 39:55 - 53:40

When it comes to the music ones I guess the best idea is to do in as just "Track 1, Track 2" etc

I used to use 3 different background tracks to make it easier to tell which bit you were listening to, straight away, but I've settled on the Wii Shop one.

I hear you. I wouldn't want to exclude anyone from listening, so I can see the chapter thing going out of the window. Plus if it's going to cost money, that's another thing going to count against it. Saying that, how many people do not listen on a device that cannot handle AAC? Don't most players have MPEG-4 capability (which is what AAC is afaik)? I thought most had this function now? Even my old relic of a cell phone can do it, and it's quite a few years old now. I don't know, might be worth asking everyone what they listen on and what it is capable of.

If I uploaded only an enhanced version of the podcast (with pictures and chapters) in the iTunes feed, but still posted a normal mp3 version up here, would it affect anyone or piss you off?

I can do chapters but it would be a .m4a file, which isn't a problem for most media players.

MFGamers Podcast 25 - Music From Games vol.10

Tunes chosen by Ben, Different Class, Hendo, JimboXiii, RetroEd, RivaOni, Sly Reflex, Spatular and wiivo.

Theme music courtesy of Brad Sucks found at http://www.bradsucks.net

MFGamers Podcast 25 - Music From Games vol.10 (Enhanced version)

MFGamers Podcast 25 - Music From Games vol.10 (standard version)

(right click, choose save as...)

Subscribe in iTunes.

Yeah but I'm wondering whether that would be a good idea putting the game names and art in as it means on first listen you don't get the surprise if you see the chapters first on iTunes.

I learned a couple of things on this, one is to export at a higher quality as the mp3 version is bigger and better quality (I'll be re-encoding it and replacing the enhanced one as it's noticeably worse quality) and the other is to do with the timing of the chapters.

Apparently, the song my choice is singing is Metro Cross, something that I have never even heard of. It is truly fucking annoying, especially when you have a man in his 50's in the canteen singing the fucking thing. I really need to change it.

for people who have listened to the podcast already. It's a pretty good match too.

The Noby Boy one made me smile, I only played it a little and never noticed it, I wouldn't of deleted it if I heard that.

I'm surprised to hear you played Zelda with the sound down, a pair of earphones is always part of my handheld gaming experience.

Can i just express my hatred for itunes. I've downloaded the enhanced file via the link in this post, but itunes is refusing to play it, in fact it wont even find it to import it. What a piece of shit

I haven't got my music drive plugged in right now, but I have just downloaded that file and played it in Quicktime and it's fine. Can't see why it wouldn't work in iTunes.

Incidentally, I did re-encode the enhanced one and replaced it, so now it has usernames instead of game names and the Photoshop pic is running through the whole thing. So yeah, I did pussy out because I'd rather the tracks will be a complete surprise on the first listen. It's much better quality, so if you sub through iTunes, delete the one on there, click "unsubscribe" then "subscribe" and it should download the new version.

We were gonna do a normal gaming week one this week but computer said no so we had to push the music one out instead.

When it comes to the gaming week ones, where should the chapters fall? Just one for each section (usually 3 - what me and Ben have been playing, what the forum has been playing and then news) or more?

I'm loving the chapters and artwork. It's the only gaming podcast I subscribe to that does it, and it makes it seem very professional. I've only ever seen it on Tiesto's clublife podcast, and I always appreciate the effort. I can see why you'd want to not have the artwork for each song though, as it could ruin the surprise for some. Regarding where the chapters should be for the gaming week thread, I think what you suggested sounds about right to me.

Brilliant show as always, an amazingly diverse selection this week. The Noby Noby Boy track was AMAZING. Huge grin when that started to play.

I know what you mean about handhelds and not having the volume turned up. I bet I've missed out on some truly brilliant tunes on my DS when I'm playing it in work. I had my 'phones plugged in when playing TWEWY (which I must get back to), but all the other games I play on it I just have the volume on very quietly most of the time.

Apparently, the song my choice is singing is Metro Cross, something that I have never even heard of. It is truly fucking annoying, especially when you have a man in his 50's in the canteen singing the fucking thing. I really need to change it.

for people who have listened to the podcast already. It's a pretty good match too.

Ah yeah, I had that on the C64 too. Good stuff. :D

I think you should keep the art work, but make it so that it flicks the art work on as the song starts

so you have a chapter where the > is. Hence chat >

Silent hill

> chat >

F zero

, That way you don't get the spoiler until the track has started. It would take a bit of self policing to stop people doing that on the computer though. As for the gaming week ones, I think every time you have the music break, add a chapter.

I am really surprised you guys liked the Noby Boy music, I thought I was going to be some sort of audio outcast after that went out. It is pretty quirky, I think more so than the KK and the pirate one that went out a while back.

• Hendo changed the title to MFGamers Podcast (archive)
  • Hendo locked this topic