passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

MFGamers Podcast (archive)

Hendo

Any suggestions for the next one?

Voice acting.

:lol:

Or some media training.

It's not a bad idea actually, not sure we could hold the interest down for an entire hour but I'm sure we can get something out of it.

Any music you want playing?

By the way, had a search for Freezepop and the singer's quite cute actually, they've been pretty much in every game Harmonix have touched which is no surprise when you find out one of them is a producer there.

these two might have already been mentioned?:

mr driller drill land, sorry couldn't find a better clip, it's hard to hear it over the drilling sound, did find somewhere to get the soundtrack but it might be dodgy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB9-R0mnEck

killer 7

sort of trance music from the staircases?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmNwawd5aG4

tried to find the music from the desert/petrol station bit (??? can't remember exactly where it was) but couldn't in these millions of these clips on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer...usic&page=1

I really liked Spatulars shoot em up tune, was awesome.

Bens first choice, when you's 2 sounded surprised it was a dude singing, i thought it was a dude from the start - anyone else?

Mario Circuit track kicks ass, as do all tracks from SMK - Koopa's victory tune being the best!

Freezepop rule btw.

I thought that Captain Falcon tune was a bit arse, so i must be clinically dead. And that tune from TWEWY was awfull, sorry Ed and other fans. Maybe it will grow on me when i eventually play the game.

That Rez track is THE track, yall know the bit im talkin about, makes u wanna lay cardboard down and rotate. Makes me wanna curl my face up and say 'yea boyeeeee'.

MAKE BELIEVE REBORN. No such thing as paper nose - who's Steve?

Good podcast.

Double post - now with WIN.

Cant have anything to do with videogame music and not have anything fromSNES Secret of Mana. The whole soundtrack tules, but a particular highlight is:

One of the best tracks from Super Castlevania 4, therefore one of the best bits of music in videogames ever...

- give it a listen, its SOOOO awesome.

What about the music from the N64 Zelda games?

Saria's song/song of storms fucking rules all. Most of the songs were pretty good actually, if someone played them to me id make a love mess in my tighty wightys (as in the I'll love Wight)

Had a listen to the podcast during work, good work lads! Enjoyed the diverse selection of music. Indeed i was bobbing and a weaving to the old tunes and of course who could forget Eds 16bit masterpiece! although since Ed heard his name mentioned on the podcast for his dedications he hasn't quite been the same, he's a right big time charlie now, a goddamn celebrity, but respect to all the requests it was nice listening! Keep up the good work. love and respect to gaming soundtracks epecially silent hill and resident evil. just a quick question to all you lot out there. Which gaming soundtrack would you put on to wine and dine a beautiful lady with her long flowing locks and red ruby lips??!!

I've actually got a couple of tracks that might be suitable for that, they might be going into the next one of these we do so I wont go into too much detail, but they are piano pieces by Micheal Nyman and the guy that did some of the Mana series music.

Obviously I wouldn't tell her that, I'd say I discovered them whilst backpacking around Tuscany. I passed by an abandoned school when I heard the music, which was being played by a small blind child. Long story short I found a family for the child and he grew up to be a great musician and dedicated the track to me and my orphan helping escapades

Which gaming soundtrack would you put on to wine and dine a beautiful lady with her long flowing locks and red ruby lips??!!

If I wanted to get anywhere, none of them!

Pfft. If this don't work I don't know what would.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I can't think of anymore for another podcast to be honest. I don't have anything from the 16bit era anymore so I can only think of the obvious ones... I'll come up with something.

I can't think of anymore for another podcast to be honest. I don't have anything from the 16bit era anymore so I can only think of the obvious ones... I'll come up with something.

I'm keeping a tab on everything suggested so far but not used, and I've got 5 left over from you so I wouldn't worry about it!

The chances are we're going to do a talky one next this week sometime and then the next music one after that, so keep the tracks coming.

Anyone wants to join in on either of them, give us a shout.

MFGamers Podcast 5 - I Peacocked Your Mom Last Night

A return to talking poo about video games.

Ben and Hendo meander through the subjects of Yakuza 2, Defend Your Castle, Mega Man 9, de Blob and Psychonauts.

Theme music courtesy of Brad Sucks found at http://www.bradsucks.net

MFGamers Podcast 5 - I Peacocked Your Mom Last Night

(right click, choose save as...)

Subscribe by hitting the iTunes or XML buttons.

itunes.gif | xmlicon.gif

This is true, there were actually twice as many games mentioned and it was well over 2 hours of rambling.

A shame but the ones missing were Astro Boy, Linger In Shadow, MaBoShi, Sonic (Master System version), Pure, Castle Crashers, Ikaruga and Shining Force 2.

It took some crafty editing to take out some of the references to the ones I chopped out too, like you mentioned Shining Force 2 at the beginning of Defend Your Castle and now that's magically gone.

This is true, there were actually twice as many games mentioned and it was well over 2 hours of rambling.

A shame but the ones missing were Astro Boy, Linger In Shadow, MaBoShi, Sonic (Master System version), Pure, Castle Crashers, Ikaruga and Shining Force 2.

I look forward to catching them on MFGamers Extra.

There seems to be love for Defend Your Castle but I'm still not convinced.

The side quests in Yakuza 2 are one of the critacisms I have for the game, you said the made it fun but I found I would almost forget what game I'm playing, like the one where you have to become the number one host. You'd be trying to charm your client but fucking up the whole thing, saying all the wrong things, turning the game into a Hugh Grant film then the next minute your in the twisting, genuinly gripping crime drama, I guess thats the disadvantage of giving the player so much to do, sometimes it messes around with characterisation. That said, I do think it's one of the best games I've played this year and I'm not that far off finishing it myself.

A nice up to date podcast though aye fellers. ;)

• Hendo changed the title to MFGamers Podcast (archive)
  • Hendo locked this topic