passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Devil May Cry 4

Hendo

It's gonna get a lot of love and it's out soon, so what's everyone's thoughts? I know Ben posted in the demo thread, but I figured we'd need a proper thread for it anyway.

I've downloaded it but not tried it yet, I'll try and play tonight.

Ben said

Downloaded Devil May Cry 4 demo off PSN because I cant get the 360 version with a silver account (+1 to Sony). So far it's very DMC 3, which is no bad thing, it might even be easier to do combos thanks to the Devil Bringer grab thing

In truth, while I'm really looking forward to it, it's not the leap I was expecting, but we'll see when it arrives

*grumble*wasting my time posting in the demo thread folloing the damn rules like a chump that'll show me well i'll show you i'll show all of you just you wait one day...

DMC4 is a "combo" game apparently. And when playing the demo i thought it was quite hard to get to an SSS grade. Maybe coz of the lacks of monsters i dno. I never been a DMC man, but im looking forward to this one.

I've always been rubbish at these games, I really like them, but they kick my arse. I went through the first timed section pretty well, I lasted the entire 10 mins without losing much health so I thought I was pretty good. Then it came to the other section of the demo, where you have to fight those ice blokes, these guys are very familiar to me, there the cockbags I could never beat on the first game.

I'll buy this but rest assured, I will never finish it.

Ben wrote:

*grumble*wasting my time posting in the demo thread folloing the damn rules like a chump that'll show me well i'll show you i'll show all of you just you wait one day...

I said ROFLOL.

Ive only played the first DMC but i loved it like a mail order bride. I have the 3rd but its yet to be played and even tho ive pre-ordered 4, i havent downloaded the demo which is actually pretty stupid of me.

• 2 weeks later...

Ben wrote:

has the limited edition of this been cancelled, its not listed on play or amazon anymore

I've got mine ordered on Gameplay, and it all seems fine. I somehow doubt they'd cancel it anyway.

Can't wait for this to come.

Same here mines pre ordered on gameplay and no cancellations wht so ever.

Plus in case u didnt know. 100 of 360 and 100 of PS3's Devil may cry 4 limited edition is signed. Making it the rarist collectors thing for gamers.

Well ive never played Devil may cry before, yep none of them not sure why?? might be as ive never owned a Playstation which im guessing was its previous platform? im sure someone will correct me!

My collectors edition looks the same to the one posted, and i only paid £32!! from good old tesco it was sat on the shelf and i couldnt resist a shiny tin and cheap price!

Ive played the first couple of missions and its a good blast, and blimey gloria doesnt have much on!!!

Now stuck on the torture chamber but will persist!!

Overall im surprised, and impressed at the same time, might have to find the other games!!

I have Devil May Cry 1 and 3, the first one I never got on with, I found it far to tough, and the third I had to bump down to easy just to beat that ice cerbarus thing. Thankfully, this one is far more accesable, it has just the right learning curve.

I've been playing it most of the evening and I'm on mission 8, the bosses are fantastic, and thanks to the Devil Bringer you really can absolutly hammer them as much as all the trash talking Nero says he will do.

I wasn't totally sure if I would like this that much, but I've fallan for its daft and stupid charm. Its a bit early to call, but this is a runner for game of 2008 for me.

totally into this, the second and third didnt grab me, but playing this feels like the same experience i had years ago, mouth agape, drool aplenty as i battered my way through the first game on the ps2 upon its release. i thought that first game was a masterwork, and for me the magic is back! looks amazing, plays like a dream, offers more challenge than most. ive just found the third secret mission, and its fucking solid, dont even really know how to complete it properly.. :S

• 2 weeks later...

I got this on the recommendation of the dog (illdog, not an actual dog) and its amazing, i think i played the first one a bit, but this has been great fun, i finished it over the course of friday night and sunday afternoon, and might trade it in as i dont think i will go through it again much....although i did really enjoy it, and by the end of the game actually got pretty good at it, so might try to get the S ranks on all the levels.

The challenges are crazy hard, and i cant see me trying to do them, I think i managed to do 3 of them in all. My favourite weapon was with dante when you get pandoras box and i thought it would be shit but combine it with some good sword skills and the S ranks come thick and fast.

The women in the game are hot, which i realise now makes me a gaming loser, but it has to be said...although it did annoy me when he keeps shouting that birds name. It makes me want to play the last versions of it, as theres not a ton of gameplay in the game, and you pay a lot of the same levels as dante, with some bits cut out of it....so if I had to critisize the game then that would be my main criticism.