passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Very Important - please read!

Hendo

I think the point Swallows trying to make is that a name change and a change of emphasis would change the site. If we just had a fresh start as a multiformat site then how would we be different from any other forum? It's all well and good saying because of the people that are on here, but those people may not be around for ever, especially if they only want to talk nintendo on here and we stop catering for that.

as for the changes, could we just have seperate folders for each of the three manufacturers, then keep the various handhelds in there. Dunno what to do about pc, it shouldn't be ignored, but it doesnt get mentioned enough to need its own folder

All im saying is that were kind of multi format already and I just dont think the official step into multi realms would change things that much.

The thing is about staying Nintendo only for those who want to talk Nintendo only, without the 360 on this site we would have experienced vast periods were there was pretty much fuck all to talk about. If the Wii was kicking out a Mario Galaxy/Metroid Prime every couple of weeks I would be first in the que for staying Nintendo only but thats no the case.

I do agree that a name change and re-emphasis would change the site tho, cant argue with that, but im not sure how radical that change would be.

Yeah, I agree with you completely. It was sad to see the 360 dominate the site but there was a very simple reason for it

As ive said, I cant see me leaving over the issue and i hope no one else would. If the site goes downhill then fair enough, but untill then there's no reason to get too worried

Ref my first post but:

I don't think a name change will necessarily do any harm, but it could also do good if the right one is picked! I agree that its not all in a name but on the net thats the thing you type in all the time and the first thing you see so it is kinda important.

I quite like the comminuty type ones suggested ealier, but not so much any that mention online as they insinuate that the site is only used to organise online stuff.

Multiformatgames/r are both cool.

How about Multiformatgamers.com? Hints at it being a comminuty then rather than the subject matter.

edit: decided to make it bold so it doesn't get missed :) I actually quite like that!

I dont see what people are worried about happening...someone will come on here and complain about the Virtual Console...or some PC fanatic will come and say that he will never get a Wii because the releases arent good enough....Theres no one stopping people from talking about Nintendo games, in fact if its anything then the way it is at the moment leans towards stopping people from talking about Xbox360 games or PS3 blah blah blah

I hate the world, where has my rock gone...blubber

Dont do it

90 percent of the xbox community are fucking wankers.

You really dont want them here.

This place is good because its different.

I'm not on that much anymore, but when i am, i like to know that there is a place i can trust with valued opinions / reviews and someone called Illdog to gay me out once in a while.

well to be honest ever since i got the 30 i barely seem to be a ninty fan much anymore. but they will always be my fave.

I dont think the name wud change much to this website. The people on here is what im here for.

i dont go on any other forum because theres always twats thinkin they kno everything n brag about as much as they can.

It's going to sound lame, but I don't really mind at all if the name changes or stays the same. As long as I have some good chats here & there with the people that I know then I'm happy. This is the only forum that I visit where I can chat about podcasts with like minded people (Ed & Hendo especially) so that's enough right there to keep me coming back.

There is a lot of 360 talk & I do sometimes feel left out especially as I have a PS3, but then I head over to NTSC-uk for some PS3 discussion. To be honest, I can't see my Wii being used that much, so I'm not too fussed about less Wii chat.

I do seem to post here less & less though & I don't really know why. :( Maybe it's because I'm really getting into my PS3 stuff & therefore I hang out more at NTSC-uk with other PS3 users.

Might as well put this here as it's related.

No idea what happened with the forum but we're back!

It might be a good time to start looking at changing the whole software though and building a whole new forum as this software has caused nothing but problems and is very unreliable.

I think this was enevitable, it was always the plan really and the site could have changed many times before but the balance of multiformat supporters seems to have shifted to the pro column.

I think though, as much as I'm not happy about the change, now is the time to do it a new fresh place to talk bollocks over multiple formats :).

As for names how about happysmileytown.co.uk

Hendo wrote:

So, anymore names to add to the pile?

As mentioned on the latest podcast recording, an abbreviation of 'DWF' name checks the past without being obvious, but as you might guess, everything DWF is gone.

However, there is http://www.the-dwf.com or http://www.the-dwf.co.uk going.

Other than that, I got fuck all.

I quite like DWF, although happysmileytown.co.uk is better IMO.

One question though Hendo, would you be changing servers and building an entirely new site or just update what we have now? Because I really want another shoutbox if we get a completely new place.

A proper shoutbox can only be used if we're on a (very expensive) private server, wheras we're on the (very cheap) public server at the moment and anything that hammers data like that is not aloud.

I'm gonna be looking at some new softare, hopefully being able to move everything across.