passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Mass Effect

Sambob

I don't think ME2 will be out this year but there is Alpha Protocol which is very much in the same vain as Mass Effect, made by the guys who did the sequal to Bioware's KoToR which I thought was pretty decent.

I'm really do want ME2 though because this is still my favourite game of this generation, Fallout 3 is close but it's not quite there.

I've started this - kept putting it off as I was trying to clear up some other games before starting it but at the end I just dived in. There is a lot of dialogue! I chose a soldier and my character is female so I can chase men instead of women/blue aliens.

So far I am really enjoying it - Im currently on the big spaceship thing doing side quests in the first chapter. I love the alien races - especially the slow monotone ones that have to explain the emotion behind their sentances. Brilliant stuff. Its obviously all very inspired by Star Wars but it feels more like an adult version of it.

I liked the game, but the side quests sucked balls. If it wasn't for that, I'd heart it to hell. That's just the RPG mentalist in me talking though, so I can see why people who wouldn't normally like RPG's so much get on with it really well, because it's just a great third person shooter.

I love the alien races - especially the slow monotone ones that have to explain the emotion behind their sentances.

Those guys are great. Can you imagine them having sex?

Best advice I have is don't rely on just the auto-save, save manually too when you have the chance especially when exploring the planets in the buggy as a large worm creature could ruin all your hard work. Just sayin'. :(

Finished it now on my second run through, sped through it and didn't take long at all. Might do a third run as an evil bastard at some point.

how long did the speed run take you?

I'm still going on with this, finished the mission where you

detonate the nuke on the planet

and lost Wrex and the other dude on the way, choose to save ashley, even though she is 'orrible.

Spent the rest of the afternoon doing side missions before trying to get into Bluey's astro Belt (the main quest).

I love the alien races - especially the slow monotone ones that have to explain the emotion behind their sentances.

They are quite good but that idea is taken from KoToR, the assasin robots did it in that and to more of a comical effect too due to them being evil bastards.

I still keep meaning to finish my second play through and get my leg over because I couldn't even manage that at the time. I'm gunning for Ashley though because casual racism is like my fetish.

• 2 weeks later...

Im stuck on this - Im on the end of the mission where you rescue

blue bird

which is really early on which means I suck. The battle at the end when you fight one of the Krogans - I just cant get past him as he always storms up to me and knacks me. I've saved over my game just before as well so i cant even change my squad or go elsewhere and level up. :angry:

blue bird

which is really early on which means I suck. The battle at the end when you fight one of the Krogans - I just cant get past him as he always storms up to me and knacks me. I've saved over my game just before as well so i cant even change my squad or go elsewhere and level up. :angry:

hmm i cant really think what advice to offer, make sure you are using your powerups (right bumper) and make sure you have stuff equipped that does the most damage to them.

blue bird

What skills/powers do you and your party have? Tech characters can overheat an enemies weapons, mess with their shields, or temporarily disable the Krogan's biotic powers. Biotics can throw or lift enemies for example to prevent them just rushing you. And remember to take cover.

Yeah, the right bumper specials are your best bet.

The throw and lift biotic powers are always good, especially lift as you can continue to shoot them while they float around.

The shield regenerator is good too, as soon as your shield has gone and you start taking damage, use that and your shield will come back.

In that section I went immediately right into like a cubby hole bit, killed the guy that was there, then used it for cover while taking out the remaining Geth and kept an eye on the Krogan. He does ram you but remember to move around a lot and you should be fine.

Dont forget to use your grenades as well, I often stockpiled them and when id finished I had a shit ton. Whilst they arent always useful, I think that in instances like this they can really help stuff, chucking a few grenades in and then running off.

I dont really have good biotics yet tho - I have the two humans with me - and Kaiden tends to die really quickly. I will have a look for Hendos hole tonight and will spam my biotics and my grenades. Its even more annoying that each time I die I have to reload back to the bit at the bottom of the lift and have to sit through the lift journey and then the cutscene. :angry:

Bloody game - managed it first time last night. Killed the three troopers and then lifted the Krogan and he died straight away. Didnt even find Hendos hole.

Kaiden didnt die either and then I spent ten minutes chatting him up back on the Normandy. He is gagging for me.

• 2 months later...

I have spent about 10 hours on this now. About 9 hours of that has been riding in elevators. It's OK, there are some spiders or some shit going down, and I am looking for one of those blue bitch who needs slapping down no doubt. Those driving sections are fucking shit. I have also seen many bugs and glitches as well, one where a pink alien disappeared in a conversation and Shepard was left talking to himself like some Schizo was probably the funniest.

I have spent about 10 hours on this now. About 9 hours of that has been riding in elevators. It's OK, there are some spiders or some shit going down, and I am looking for one of those blue bitch who needs slapping down no doubt. Those driving sections are fucking shit.

yeah lifts powered by hamsters in a day of warp speed and laser guns, is probably the second worst gripe i have with the game, the first being anything to do with the Mako :P

oh its godawful. fucking mako. i suppose the driving bits arent just made bad by the mako, but by that bland, randomly generated terrain you have to traverse to finaly find a base and kick some ass, or worse, find a mineral lol.. alien planets should be gorgeous and fun to explore and have.. well, stuff! instead you feel like a retarded bacterium crawling haphazardly across a coarse pebble

but the game rises above its driving sections, its fantastic