passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Guitar Hero III (all formats)

Hendo

Hendo wrote:

Ok, I caved in and bought the Wii version. It would've made more sense to get the PS2 one for proper multi, but hey.

Firstly, it's a bit of a pain plugging the wiimote in the back, especially as you have to take off the condom, but the guitar itself seems well made. The whammy isn't as sensitive as I would like but in all it seems pretty good.

I've only gone through two tiers in Easy just to have a quick bash, then I took it online.

The lobby system seems pretty cool, you can search for whatever style of play or difficulty you want or just "any" which is the best option as I couldn't find a match when I searched Easy Only.

I ended up playing some guy in the new Battle mode and it was a right laugh. Instead of star power you send across stuff to make it harder for them, like Lefty Flip, a broken string (they have to hammer one of the buttons until they can use it) and stuff like that.

As he was playing as Slash he's obviously played it more than me but I destroyed him. :evil:

Not much else to say at this point, but having a battle against Tom Morello is cool as fuck, as he's one of my few guitar heroes. Also, an analogue stick on the guitar - how odd.

Anyhoo, my code is 1976 8597 4622 - I'll put up a proper code page now.

EDIT

Done.

Actually, I've not tried it yet, but one of we need to become friends, because I'm pretty sure that whilst the game is logged into WFC, a little guitar logo appears when you get sent a friend request, whic I think is a first for WFC.

I personally really like the online guitar battles, but offline I fricking hate them.

I'll put up my Friend Code tonight.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TopGunKnacker wrote:

guitar hero is weird to me, im ok at guitar but i suck at guitar hero. it seems kind of weird for me to practise to be good at simulating something i can already do in real life. counter-intuitive, i think is the word. it is good fun, but not as much fun as a real guitar! so im in two minds whether to bother as i dont think id get the massive play-time most people will get out of it. i mean my cousin must put 100s of hours into guitar hero, it must be totally worth the price of the peripherals etc if you get that much enjoyment out of it. like learning real guitar! but not as good

if it was a game using real guitar peripherals id be all over it, it could really improve my playing

I was a guitar Hero virgin till a few weeks back, I had only played it quickly in a shop when GH2 came out. A friend lent me his GH2 and I kicked my kiddo's Ps2 for a couple of weeks to try and blast through.

I too am a guitar player, and I found it strange at first, I dunno whether it was because I was timing my strum's more by feeling than sight markers, or maybe because I'm used to the orginal versions of the song and not the covers (is it me or are the covers more ridged in timing, not like their original versions)

A had a friend over for the weekend to try and blast through the game, he's never played it either and is also a guitar player, and he hated it, said the timings are off by a little bit, again I wasn't sure if its just because we're so used to the original songs and not the covers.

[on topic] I wasn't that bothered about getting GH3 at first, till I heard the Wii has online multiplayer! Then my eye's lit up. A lot of my friends don't like music games so the only real multiplayer action I'd get is online. I was told via GBAtemp that the wii did have online co-op, but after reading this thread I'm worried that the Wii version sucks. Can you play online co-op or not? I'm guessing you can, but just not in career mode?

Also WTF!!!! Wii version is in mono, why ? god why ? Thats just fucking stupid! please tell me its not! Are the tracks covers or by the original artist?

I'm going to hold off getting GH3 till I get my net sorted (BT/council are messing me around) atm Im piggy backing on next door's wifi and the siganl is too week for DS/Wii :(

I'm glad I check here before I went out and got it...

Hope you guys are ok... cheer's

Howdy again, Matt. :)

moggymatt wrote:

Can you play online co-op or not? I'm guessing you can, but just not in career mode?

Also WTF!!!! Wii version is in mono, why ? god why ? Thats just fucking stupid! please tell me its not! Are the tracks covers or by the original artist?

You can do career in either single player or co-op, offline.

Online, you can do battle mode, face-off, pro face-off and co-op. :)

Also, you can play strangers in ranked or un-ranked games.

As for the sound, if it is in mono it hasn't been that noticeable. Most tracks are original, but some are covers.

The Official Xbox 360 Magazine was kind enough to send over this hilarious clip from a video of a UK Guitar Hero III launch party gone terribly wrong.

Johnny Rotten, singer for the Sex Pistols, was paid to help promote the game at Activision's launch party event, but he started off by bashing the game instead. "It's rubbish, I hate the whole thing."

The surly rocker continues to insult the product he's paid to promote by saying "What I like is it weren't teaching you how to be a rock star, it was teaching you how not to be a rock star..."

Click here for the video clip.

How incredibly punk of him to accept money and put himself out to promote something he doesnt believe in. I'd call him a sell out but he never had any integrity anyway, so instead i'll call him a cunt because that's what he is. An old cunt who acts out a character, only the character only serves to show what a cunt he really is

Cheer's for the info guys :)

I've still got a few things that really bug me about GH3, I'll still end up getting it when my connection sorted (don't get me started on that lol)

Again we Wii owners are getting the short end of the stick. We get "more" of a shell than the 360/ps3 ! I've heard people moaning about taking it in and out all the time, but thats but what bothers me, its the fact we pay nearly as much as the other console for a "lesser controller" it has less parts. I believe its not Neversofts fault (Neversoft? or whoever they out sourced the hardware side too, but its something to so with Nintendo not giving a full license for 3rd party remotes.

I hope the Mono thing doesn't bother me, I presuming that it still come out of multiple speakers??

i'm finding this a lot harder than previous guitar hero games, really stuck on the last few songs on hard :( its the sort of game you just get better at without realising how though so hopefully one day i'll just be able to do it. also its a good game but it doesn't seem as good as gh2 to me there's just something missing.

Got the Wii version today, and I've only had enough of a go to play the first tier on normal. Imo this is better than the ps2 version, but that might have had something to do with how we were playing the ps2 version (import on a pal machine)

The Wii guitar is awesome! The speaker sounds when you fuck up and the remote rumbles when you get guitar power. I really cant see the other guitars bettering this.

Not played it online yet, and I cant see me having time in the week, but i'll get my code up for the weekend

Yeah I completely forgot to say about the nice touches you get from the Wii guitar.

Me and Ben had a bash on co-op and Battle earlier and we were on Skype at the same time and there was no lag whatsoever.

I could even hear his clicks on the guitar at the same time as mine so it all works perfectly.

It looks like you can only play co-op (at least on the Wii version) online against friends, you can't do co-op with strangers.

When someone has set up a match, you get a little message with their name flash up but it's only that I was looking at the screen at the time that I noticed it.

It disappears after a second and if you don't see it then you won't know that someone is waiting for a game with you.

thoes wii guitar features sound cool. hope you like the game ben!

i was thinking after playing the zelda theme on band brothers and the halo theme on guitar hero 3, if they get the downloadable songs sorted for the wii (will this ever happen?), they could do a zelda or mario theme or something for guitar hero, which could be mighty fine :rock:

Yeah, t'd be the sort of thing Nintendo would give away free i imagine. I think DLC is coming with WiiWare if i remember right, not sure I'd buy any, not if it's priced like the 360 ones anyway.

Also, other than company twatery, I dont really see why you cant play online against other console versions

Online did work well, even the set up was a quick, near instant infact. And when you consider how long it takes for a message to arrive on the message board that's quite impressive

FC: 4253 1989 7882

I was saying this to a work mate only yesterday.

Completely off-topic I know (believe me, I'm punishing myself as I type this) but he's just bought a PS3 and is loving CoD4 and it's a pain that we can't play each other. Neither side wants PC and console games to be compatible (Lord knows Microsoft thinks it's a good idea ) but across the consoles it should be something for the future.

Anyway....I ploughed through career mode on this last night (till about 4am!) and got stuck....on Easy....on Slayer. :(

I always start on Easy so I can get to know the songs (and because I'm a big pussy) and if the Slayer song was that tough on easy, fuck knows what Hard or Expert is like.

Couple of stories on Kotaku this morning that i cant be arsed linking to. Firstly DLC is coming early next year, not sure when, maybe the same 'early next year' as Smash Bros

Secondly, they (Actvision?) are offering to replace the mono Wii discs with brand spanking new ones early next year. "At no cost". As a cynic, I suspect that if they leave it till, say, February, then the uptake will be quite low and they can save themselves some pennies. However, if they'd pulled their fingers out they'd have less discs to replace wouldnt they? :P

Yeah they should do it as soon as.

I've now completed the game in Easy and Medium modes (see my stats) and I've unlocked a couple of bonus songs (Kaiser Chiefs and Stone Roses) and the videos of Sex Pistols, Slash, Tom Morello and that 80's hair metal singer that the name escapes me.

It's worth watching the Sex Pistols vid to see how disinterested they are, how much editing the GH people have done to make them sound vaguely interested, and to see a fat, beardy Steve Jones.

Also, get your profiles linked to the game, it works just like the Tony Hawks DS games. Dead easy to set up and it syncs which songs you've played almost straight away, without you needing to sign into the online mode.

I'm pretty impressed.

Bought the PS2 version today, I've just played through the first tier on normal and I've got to say, my first impressions aren't good. It might have something to do my guitar but it seems real hard to hit the long notes and chord versions, I have no problems whosoever with my other guitar on Guitar Hero 2. Also, why are the characters real expensive? In actual fact, this game has made me want Rock Band even more.