passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Hendo Revolution continues...

illdog

Another clear out time, this little lot will be going to my local Game later.

post-62-12586371384486.jpg

Some of them are gonna fetch pennies, but they're doing nowt on my shelf anyway.

The ultimate goal would be enough credit to get all 3 of this week's games, doubt it'll be that much though. I'm not gonna argue with whatever they offer, I'll just take it.

Extraction didn't last long.

It's been in my house since it came out, I've played it to bits and loved it, but I'm unlikely to play it again.

I wouldn't think that the ones I'm getting rid of are rubbish games, I'm just unlikely to go back to them. I'd heartily recommend Extraction and the original Dead Space, but they both ended up as trade-in material.

Brutal Legend I just gave up on, though, I had to force myself to go through the main story bits because I hated the strategy sections so much.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tempted to go for another cull in the morning. I want to have a serious trim of my collection. I'm just not playing as much as I used to, my gaming habits have changed, and I want to focus more on the games I really want to play. So far I've come up with these to get rid of.

Assassin's Creed II - £28

Dead Space - £7

Fallout 3 - £7

Gears of War - £3

Mass Effect - £4

Saints Row 2 - £7

Viva Pinata: TiP - £6

Big Brain Academy - £8

Super Paper Mario - £12

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - £12

Wario Land: Shake Dimension - £12

Advance Wars: Dual Strike - £4

Bangai-O Spirits - £5

Donkey Kong Jungle Climber - £12

Dragon Quest IV: CotC - £5

Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings - £5

GTA: Chinatown Wars - £14

Henry Hatsworth - £8

Meteos - £7

Ninjatown - £8

Polarium - £2

Soul Bubbles

TOTAL: £183

Add that the £90ish I already have, and that's either a bunch of 2010 releases, or an iPod Touch... :unsure:

Got rid of a load of stuff today, and now have a Gamestation card to get rid of as they aren't going to be getting any more iPod stock in. <_<

£275 GS card is up for grabs in Super Deals for £250, useful for anyone planning on getting a PS3 or 360 maybe?

It felt pretty liberating to get rid of all those games, mind. I now have all my current gen console games in a 40-disc wallet, and there's room for 8 more games (I have 20x360, 2xPS3, 10xWii). I'm going to try and not fill it. Whenever I come close, I'm going to sell a game to make room. Or at least, that's the theory.

I got £30 at Game for Modern Warfare 2, which I'll probably combine with £7.50 worth of reward points to get Bayonetta on Friday.

Considering I got it for a £10 Overlord II from play.com + Sacred 2 + £5 in that Gamestaion promotion, I'm probably slightly up on the deal. Especially since Overlord II and Sacred 2 would have only fetched £10 each when not in the promotion.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having another clearout of stuff, games I haven't touched in an age and those that I don't think I'll return to. There's still some stuff available, check out my Stuff For Sale thread.

I'm now left with the following boxed retail games for the 3 main consoles, and hopefully won't feel quite so overwhelmed when I go to play a game. I still haven't started Nuts & Bolts for God's sake, I bought it on release! Bayonetta, Ghostbusters, Resident Evil, and Mass Effect 2 are single player experiences I want to keep hold of and devote some time to. PS3 wise I just have some digital games, and want to get back to Shooter. On the Wii I am really looking forward to starting A Boy and his Blob, and finishing off NSMB Wii. I'm quite happy with how my collection stands right now.

360 (12)

Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts

Bayonetta

Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Colin McRae: DiRT 2

Forza Motorsport 3

Ghostbusters

Mass Effect 2

Mirror’s Edge

Resident Evil 5

Scene It? Box Office Smash!

PS3 (0)

N/A

Wii (11)

A Boy and his Blob

Kororinpa

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Mario Kart Wii

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

Super Mario Galaxy

Wii Fit Plus

Wii Play

Wii Sports

Wii Sports Resort

See my collection thread in my sig for handheld and digital stuff.

I was just looking at Jimbo's eBay sales thread where he has added up his recent sales, and I figured I'd do the same.

I've had a pretty decent clearout so far in 2010, and have a healthy looking Paypal balance at the moment, some of which will be spent on a DSi XL. I've sold mostly 360 and DS stuff, and I now own zero retail boxed PS3 games. I still have stuff to sell, just added a load more US DS games, and dropped the DSi package.

scdurt.jpg

Currently upto £120 worth of sales on ebay, with 3-4 days left on my current items. After this batch has finished, i'm hoping to have £180 after ebay tax, meaning i'll have enough for a iPhone 3gs 32gb on a ridiculous 24 month £35 contract. Its not perfect but it'll do.

It works out to cost the exact same amount if you go on to a 24 month contract as it does if you by the phone out right and get a £20 sim only contract, but with that you can only have either unlimited data or BT-openzone wifi access. At least with the contract you get both, still think its a rip off though.

• 2 weeks later...

What are you guys like with your trade in credit?

Ive currently got like £118 credit on my gamestation card £20 on HMV £30 at GAME but when i see it cheaperon the internet or something, i buy it cheap on the net and save the credit for when i see something cheaper in store. Are you like that as well or do you use it and keep the real money?

I've currently got £150 on a Gamestation card. I too end up buying online when I spot a bargain, Miles Edgeworth £15.73, Bad Company 2 £23 etc. I'll probably use some credit for Heavy Rain next week, although I want the HMV special edition, argh...

• 2 weeks later...

Off to trade some stuff:

Batman:AA - xbox got £13

COD4 - Xbox got £11

NFS Shift - xbox got £11

Uncharted 2 - PS3 obv! Got £26

Tiger Woods 09 - PSP got £5

Loco Roco - PSP got £4

Hoping i get enough for Heavy Rain, based on CEX prices i should, but Game can be unpredictable!

Not too bad, traded at HMV as game only offered £42 for the lot, only downside is that heavy rain is out of stock everywhere!!