passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Demo Thread

DANGERMAN

had a go of the red faction multiplayer demo last night, it seemed ok but i don't think i'll be buying it, it's the sort of thing that will be ok for a week or so but won't last long online imo.

also loaded up x-blades but got bored before getting to any actual gameplay so can't really comment on that.

Anyone tried Fight Night Round 4 yet?

Just gave the demo a go and love it! As a general rule I both suck at and dislike fighting games but for some reason this really pulled me in. The controls seem complex but learnable, which is more than I can say for most fighting games, no crazy button combos to learn, just reflexes and relatively natural movements creating punches. I was super sweaty by the end of a match from concentrating... madness. I presume it can get a LOT harder too. Might pick this one up...

Oh, and it looks awesome :D

I gave Wallace and Grommit a go earlier too, its certainly on the short list, not sure how much I would really enjoy it as it would be my first point and click (not including Mr Layton...). From what I played though, it was decently enjoyable. I'm thinking that maybe it's aimed at kids, not sure, like it anyway, made me laugh a couple of times, good enough for me

They've changed the way you guard and do body punches. You no longer do the same move with the stick for body shots as you do for head shots (but with a trigger held down), and I found that really confusing.

It looked great, and still played pretty well. I hope it's not as feature lacking as Fight Night 3 (compared to the previous versions). I will probably end up renting it.

• 2 weeks later...
Played Wolverine and was surprised by how bloody it is. The game is better than the movie :blink: Will pick up once Ed shows me some sub £20 love.

Yeah I bought that on release and played it through once. I really enjoyed it actually, was a lot better than I was expecting. There's an impressions thread somewhere, although apart from me I think only Hinn has played it (and got a 1000G's, the whore!).

Played Wolverine and was surprised by how bloody it is. The game is better than the movie :blink: Will pick up once Ed shows me some sub £20 love.

Yeah I bought that on release and played it through once. I really enjoyed it actually, was a lot better than I was expecting. There's an impressions thread somewhere, although apart from me I think only Hinn has played it (and got a 1000G's, the whore!).

I bought it of Gameplay for 27 not long after it was released, i really loved the demo, and this really is a game where its better than the film, and i loved the film! Found it a bit easy tho, got 1000 straight in a week and sold it for £25.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On the Japanese PSN they let you buy credits for it like an old school arcade game. I played it at a friends, and it is very difficult. Everything has random shapes, and if you don't manage to crush something bigish in the trash, you're fucking screwed. WAY harder than Tetris. Actually, in the later levels, there actually is Tetris style blocks, which are massive.

I had no problems at all, except I couldn't figure out what the hell the water did. I know if you put the lid on the bin, the water drained out, but beyond that I did't have a clue what was going on. I got some stuff to rot away as well, but I'm not sure how I did that either. The demo really needs to guidance on there, as you are playing pretty much on trail and error.

• 2 weeks later...