passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Demo Thread

DANGERMAN

Has anyone posted about the Machinarium demo yet? Full game is out this Friday, you can get it for £11 and some pence from Steam if you order it early. I just ignored it because I assumed it wouldn't run on my PC but it does and it's really charming. Review in GTM this month and the demo is here.

Band Hero Demo Up On Live

Written Thursday, October 15, 2009 by Dan Webb

Look out musical fans, a demo for the poptastic Band Hero is now available for your downloading pleasure on the Xbox Live Marketplace.

The demo, like the Guitar Hero 5 demo recently, features 3 songs that are available in Party Play mode, but also in the all new Sing-Along-Mode.

The three songs featured are:

* Finger Eleven “Paralyzer”

* Katrina & The Waves “Walking on Sunshine"

* Taylor Swift “Picture to Burn”

If you're walking on sunshine - although if you're in the UK, there seems to be no sunshine at all - then download it today.

and for left 4 dead 2

So that's October 27th for pre-orders, November 3rd for Gold members, and everyone else on November 10th. What happened to the days when demo release dates were simple?

Dragon Ball: Raging Blast Demo Now Available

Written Friday, October 23, 2009 by Dan Webb

Namco today released the demo for their latest installment in the Dragon Ball franchise, Raging Blast.

The demo rolls in at a paltry 261.39 MBs and includes some high octane fighting action... or so we're told. According to th game blurb, the demo offers the ability to "freely control either Goku, Raditz or Piccolo and battle it out in VS. Mode using high-speed, vertical combat to see who will come out on top. Turn up the intensity with signature moves and Super Attacks! Feel the destructive power of your blows as you smash your opponent to bits in one of the game’s large-scale, 3D battlefields."

went to the eurogamer expo today, played some sweet demos. game of the show was an AvP multiplayer effort, so frigging fun!!!! Mass effect 2 is shaping up as well, the combat and graphics have been significantly upgraded. split second blew me away, smack bang in the middle of my radar now.

• 1 month later...
A few weeks back we reported that the Dante's Inferno demo would be dropping on to Xbox Live sometime in December. Thanks to Joystiq, we can actually be a little more precise today, as it seems that EA are planning to release the Xbox 360 version on December 24th.

If you so happen to own a PS3, players can download the demo of the first level on December 10th there instead. More details on what you can expect in the demo can be found here.

• 2 weeks later...

According to EA's latest monthly newsletter, Army of Two: The 40th Day is set to get a demo next week, landing on December 17th.

As you can see below there isn't much in terms of detail but I think it's safe to assume that it would be a co-op demo... you know, cause it's a co-op game.

aot2demo.jpg

Definately giving this a go, loved the first.

Metal Gear Solid : Peace Walker on PSP.

Which needs the latest firmware to run <_< Why can't they just put all that in the demo? I'm sure it's fine for most people but my PSP doesn't like my Internet connection so it's a right pain in the arse getting it updated.

anyone try the gt5 timetrial? i was pretty disapointed with how it feels with the pad, just like prologue really, the rumble feedback seems poor, admitedly having sound on would have helped, forza seems a lot better in that respect.

This is where any other forums resident GT fanboy (can't believe MFGamers doesn't have one) states "get a wheel".