passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The random download games thread

Sambob

TopGunKnacker wrote:

is the the 360 dpad not a little out of the way to be comfortable?

Placement wise i find it fine, the problem with the standard DPad is its tendancey to recognise the up, down, left and rights of this world as diagonals due to its crappy circular nature.

Apparently the HORI pad is more tuned in with its sunken cross.

• 2 weeks later...

Marble Blast Ultra

I would like to issue a challenge:

To anyone who gets this game for free (via that deal Ed found) or buys it anyway, or has already bought it - if you can get all the achievements (or more specifically, the 3 that involve finishing each mode under the par times) then you're a better human being than I, as this game has me beat.

Brilliant value for money and I haven't touched the multiplayer mode (I'm guessing it would be pretty empty anyhow) but by Christ it's tough.

I've got the easiest mode done, the normal one mostly done but fucked if I can get the times for the hard mode. I can't even finish the last level at all, let alone do it under a certain time!

illdog wrote:

Still no Sensible Soccer :(

Nor this week.

This, however, I found funny.

CVG Wrote....

There have been a lot of highs and lows during Xbox Live Arcade's lifespan (like Geometry Wars versus say... Street Fighter turning out to be rubbish) but next week the download service will finally make it to the two year milestone.

In a double-whammy of milestones XBLA is also set to receive its 100th game during the same week period, so you'd expect Microsoft is planning to celebrate with a pretty decent release next week, eh? Well, that's exactly what our mate internet rumours is saying...

Xblarcade.com is the first site to quote "sources inside Microsoft," claiming that the company is well aware of the upcoming milestones and is planning something "huge" to celebrate.

"If everything goes well," says the site, "next week we will be playing the 'true' sequel to the biggest XBLA title to date." So they're blatantly hinting at a new Geometry Wars sequel then.

We've been on to our own sources and we too have heard rummagings of a new XBLA-only Geometry Wars, but then again after the success of the last one it's an absolute no-brainer that Bizarre Creations is developing a follow-up. Whether or not its coming out next week though, is anyone's guess.

Microsoft expectedly refused to comment on this particular rumour, but did note that Xtival, the free Xbox Live weekend, is planned for next week. We'll let you know if we hear anything else.

Getting excited? Feeling overwhelmed?

Here's where the fireworks fizzle rather than bang.

Major Nelson wrote....

Xbox LIVE Arcade celebrates 100 Arcade titles with Screwjumper. And since we don’t have cake to celebrate, you can also get your green on with Shrek N Roll.

Both titles will be available this Wednesday for 800 points each.

Yowser. Break out the best fizzy pop you have, I'm ready to party.

Free XBLA Game for everyone!

To mark the fifth anniversary of the Xbox Live service, Microsoft will be offering Carcassonne (Hexic 2 in Korea) free to all subscribers for 48 hours starting at 12:01 a.m. EST on Nov. 15th (and presumably nothing to the peeps who already plunked down for the virtual board game), along with 500 Microsoft Points to the ten folks who've been on board since 2002 -- see kids, early adoption does pay off!

• 2 weeks later...

Amongst the other things in tomorrow's big 360 update (which you can read about here), there's some good news about Live Arcade games.

Xbox Live Arcade Hits:

On Xbox Live Arcade, the Arcade Hits program kicks off where some of the best selling Xbox Live Arcade games will become available at permanently reduced prices, making it easier than ever for everyone to build a library of downloadable games! The first games to become Arcade Hits will be Bankshot Billiards 2 and Lumines Live, which will be available for 800 Microsoft Points each, and Marble Blast Ultra, Small Arms and Zuma Deluxe, which will be available for 400 Microsoft Points each.

Looks like those one-off experiments a few week's back worked quite well. And for 400 points everyone should buy Marble Blast Ultra.

• 3 weeks later...

Bought Castlevania SOTN and Streets of Rage 2 last night. I feel a bit stupid for getting SOR2 again, its probably only been a month since i last completed it, and I cant see me playing it in multiplayer that often.

Anyway I've still got enough points left for Sensi tomorrow, which again I've already got, but it should be worth it for multi.

The 360 dpad is shit though, amongst the worst I've ever used