passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

How to improve

Hendo

Some very all over the place views so far!

If we went multi-format, some people would feel left out as their console of choice isn't as embraced as others - if we stay Nintendo only, some people might just not want to be part of a Nintendo site anymore.

But then, like Ben says, surely you come here for the community?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking about it i reckon it will be best t keep the site more Nintendo orientated, as that is the reason why many of us came here in the first place. I did wanting DS / Wii online buddies, but ended up buying a 360 because of the better online and greater selection of games (at the moment)

I think you might be right about a name change Hendo, although i, and many others will be used to DS-Wiifi - but if it saves you changing the name to www.DS2+GBA2=Wiiface-ps360.org.net then change it to something more futureproof.

Recap - I think the site's great as it is, but there could be a seperate forum for 360 / PS3 to allow for more managable posting, rather than just having the 'Other Formats' section...?

I do think that we should just stick to having reviews and stuff of Nintendo related things as thats what were primarily about.

*and relax*

Don't go multiformat. Seriously.

I love this place for Nintendo stuff, and if it was more multiformat, on consoles I probably won't own for ages come here anymore TBH.

What's wrong with having just the normal multiformat section for posting about those games.

A name change could be good though.

Shin_Seffron wrote:

I think the site's great as it is, but there could be a seperate forum for 360 / PS3 to allow for more managable posting...

That'd be a very quiet forum, with just me talking to myself. :laugh:

Phooey wrote:

Shin_Seffron wrote:

I think the site's great as it is, but there could be a seperate forum for 360 / PS3 to allow for more managable posting...

That'd be a very quiet forum, with just me talking to myself. :laugh:

You wouldnt be on your own Phooey, i'd imagine ther'd be some flaming going on too ;) :laugh:

i dion't really mind either way to be honest, i've got a ds and a 360, but find myself reading all the ii news anyway as i'm a news whore

i just like hanging out here and posting random crap, can't remember my last games related post to be honest

i find it a tough call to be honest. Although this sounds major ghey, the main reason i come here is cause of the people. I don't have a wii, i do have a DS but haven't really touched it for a few months now and i also have a 360. However i do like all the people that post here, its not full of fanboy nob heads and everyone is cool. I think sticking to mainly Nintendo stuff is the better idea. If it goes multi it runs the risk of being swept up into the rest of the multi sites. A bigger section on other formats might be nice. I can't really think of other ways to improve the site. Something geared to online matches would be nice, however who knows how that'll work (example being the strikers knockout) without it dragging on. I used to enjoy MK Thursday and that worked well for a few weeks but then it always runs out of steam. Maybe a more casual approach would work. As for the name i like it the way it is esp is it stays mainly nintendo orientated but i guess if the call is to go multi then a new name is in order. my vote is www .all-of-your-base-are-belonge-to-hendo.com

• 2 weeks later...

To make the place a bit friendlier to all, but not ram crap down people's throat, I've update the Friend Codes sections, so now along with DS and Wii there's also PC, PS3 and 360 in there.

It may not get used at all, but if you have a relevant code or tag and you want it going in just say so.

It might be easier for people to swallow if 360 and PS3 tags are kept out of the sigs and only in that section?

I have no real idea how the PC or PS3 ones work but a Steam and X-Fire column should be enough?

Is it worth using original Xbox column in the 360 one?

Hendo wrote:

I've update the Friend Codes sections...there's also PS3 in there.

tumbleweedde8.jpg

It's good that I can laugh at myself. :P

Hendo wrote:

It might be easier for people to swallow if 360 and PS3 tags are kept out of the sigs and only in that section?

It doesn't bother me, although I did remove my PS3 one because it just didn't look right on the forum. :blink:

As others have said, the more stuff from other consoles is added the more people come for whatever their console is, shifting the focus from Nintendo.

I can't help but feel that this site is becoming a complete shadow of what it was, but oh well.

The way this is supposed to work is that putting the tags and codes into a different section keeps them off the forum and now all 360 talk is all in 1 forum which you dont have to go into.

We think that the community is the best feature of the site and if keeping that means we have to have a tiny section for aliases then i reckon its a good deal.

Honestly though the Nintendo forums get neglected by everyone so were all as guilty as each other but suffice is to say until you see DS-Wii60fi on the banner you know where the focus is.

Anyone who comes here and isnt here for the nintendo stuff wont exactly get a warm welcome so it should all work out

Precisely, just because other systems get some notice doesn't mean this isn't a place designed around Nintendo. It's fanboyish and closed-minded to block out all other systems, especially as theres a more mature community here than there is on other Nintendo forums out on the tinternets. The more mature your community, the larger chance that they will own more than one system, and not everyones going to want to be registered on a different forum for every system they own.

surely if were talking about 360 games more than nintendo games, then its nintendo that have the problem? :P

there will always be patches where one company has more good games coming out for it than the other, and as the consumer and all-round game fans to embrace the spikes in gaming goodness, whatever platform they may be on, is the way to do it!