passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

How to improve

Hendo

So, it's that time again when I get the itch to improve things.

This is where your help comes in - anything you'd like added, taken away or changed here?

And don't say "bring back the shoutbox!" cos unless you've got a large pot of cash to donate, it ain't gonna happen.

:P

One of the current suggestions is to turn this place into more of a hub for online match ups and tourneys, for all formats. Is this something you'd be interested in?

One of the things the admin have all agreed on, if nothing else, is a change of name is needed, as even if nothing changes the name we have now isn't very future proof and as far as I'm concerned I'd like to still be talking shit with you lot when I'm 95 or something.

So, please let rip, and be honest.

If you have an opinion and you hold back, you can't moan if something changes in a way that you don't like.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gamefags?

I think going mulitformat would be fine, but the only reason id be reserved about doing it is because there a small minority of influential people that have a 360, so I dunno.

I think it would be good to actually find out how many of the 251 members that have joined actually write anything on the site.

If there was a way of having small tanks that you could move around the site and shoot each other would be good, ummmm i dunno bring back the shoutbox. Perhaps if there was a chat program you could link to from the site that we could use instead.

The problem with multiformat is thats its difficult to cover each system fairly. You can't really go slagging off a particular system when you are multiformat (not saying you guys do though) and you have to have enough of a community/ownership/whatever to be able to have coverage for each machine. A problem bitparade's had this generation as only Ben has a Wii I believe while Carl, myself, Mark, Helen and Chris all now have 360's.

So in hindsight, Nintendo is something you all have in common, wether is the Wii, Cube, DS or all three, and the fact I came here to try and get some help regarding my WiFi issues speaks volumes.

I think thats a really good point Riva, I think its going to be especially important to remember what Riva said about giving each system fair coverage in a few months time. Theres things like assasins creed, Halo 3, GTA 4, GT howevermanyitsatnow, Force unleashed, just for 360. On the Wii we have the shortly released paper mario, perhaps manhunt, mario galaxy, resident evil umbrella chronicles, smash bros, and then theres the DS with zelda, final fantasy tactics, revenant wings, crystal chronicles, and thats just naming a few.....

Personally i would be really interested in doing it, as - just from the stuff ive said above - there will be tons of online stuff, which is why we have the site. However im only saying that because ive leapt on the 360 bandwagon, if id not have bought one, then im sure id be thinking different...

EDIT*

In fact, If im being honest, and if I only had a Wii then theres pretty much no way i would like to see the site go multi format.

I think the mention of online is the most interesting. As bitparade's shown is incredibly difficult to keep all aspects covered. But if you guys focused on a sort of online gaming aspect (maybe not exclusively obviously) it'd be much easier to do.

Hmm, I'm not too sure how I feel about this. I'd like to think that we're mature enough to keep going the way we are, accepting that there's other formats out there and that they have stuff worth playing on them. I dont think there's anything wrong with the name either, I reckon the DS and Wii will be around for a few more years, and when they do get replaced you can change then.

However, if you dont feel the same way about Nintendo that you did, then there's no point in keeping the site focused on them.

I'm not saying you're doing this, but just because there's nothing happening nintendo wise at the minute doesnt mean there wont be. The run up to christmas looks good, then after christmas there's the likes of NiGHTS and Smash Bros.

Personally I think I'm against the move to multiformat, but I guess it wouldnt necerssarily change anything

Ben makes some interesting points, things are quiet on the Wii a this point in time, but all systems go through quiet spells, the 360 has only found its feet in the past year, so the Wii is going to be hitting top form soon enough, and the DS has a steady stream of games coming out for it, OK maybe not massive hitters like your Pokemons that are garunteed sales, but theres bound to be some hidden gems in there somewhere.

I like this site as its mainly just nintendo stuff, i will admit i dont post too often on here, but thats just me, and its my fault!

Would be nice to have more online stuff, like arranged games and when other players are available to play etc and with games we all have.

The mario strikers tourament game i played with Ed was superb and is something i would like to see more of, but on the subject of tournaments we should have deadlines as sometimes they can drag on for months, i mean just look at the worms tournament on gamestm how long has that been goin!!!

Difficult one this. I won't be getting a 360 at all, so all that talk goes over my head (as does the online stuff) & I won't obviously be able to contribute to those threads. But it seems that nearly everyone here owns/will own one, so that's the natural path to follow I suppose.

However, take my views/opinions with a pinch of salt, as I very rarely post here anymore. Sorry. :(

PS3 fanboy! :P

You make a good point actually, I'm not the biggest on the whole online thing, just the odd game here and there. Focusing on online, especially the 360 side, would be a little wasted on me.

However as i've said t illdog, i'm here for the community more than anything else

I was joking, and I dont really know much about Heveanly sword.

For what it's worth I would eventually like a ps3, I've said this a few times, but I believe that the 3 consoles will offer 3 types of gaming over time, and to be able to call yourself a "gamer" will mean being open to all 3 (price allowing)

Money no object, I'd get a 360 of my own too, but as we've got one in the house (currently acting as a pro evo player) it doesnt seem worth it