passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Post your Gaming Setup

retroed

I think it is to give you more light gradient for lack of a better word. So instead of going from the brightness of your telly to the dark wall, the light fades out, I imagine the theory is this makes your eyes see the colour on the tv better as it isn't such a stark contrast.

I think it is to give you more light gradient for lack of a better word. So instead of going from the brightness of your telly to the dark wall, the light fades out, I imagine the theory is this makes your eyes see the colour on the tv better as it isn't such a stark contrast.

Give that man a biscuit!

Yea, it can cut down on eyestrain, but I find that it just makes the picture look a lot nicer. You don't need to light up the back of the TV like a lighthouse, just something to throw some light behind the screen.

http://www.howtogeek.com/213464/how-to-decrease-eye-fatigue-while-watching-tv-and-gaming-with-bias-lighting/

Like I said a few posts back, I have a cheap LED light strip from ikea, and it's a warm white colour, makes the picture and screen look an awful lot nicer.

• 3 weeks later...

Mines going to change slightly today, off out to get a soundbar or a sound base im not sure which at the moment, the base i can feed xb1/ps4/tivo straight through it and then be able to have my wii u plugged directly into the tv, 170w on a sony one which ive got my eye on.

The soundbars ive looked at are wider than my tv table it 80cm and they are 95cm upwards for any with any power, so a base might be the way forward, will update later. possibly the ps3 may be retired now which will be a shame but it feels the right thing to do.

That went through my mind too, pretty certain most of its vents are on top and out the back.... saying that though, mine was originally in more space than that and felt like it was melting itself eventually.

So far only watched the new mission impossible and the first hobbit film both worked pretty well, doesn't work with games.

I used to have a proper surround sound but when everything went hdmi it became redundant, I miss those footsteps behind you when playing doom, going to try cod tomorrow see if that works any better.

The overall sound when watching films is immensely better.

Yeah, after using 7.1 VSS Headphones for 18 months or so now I can't really play games on my TV Speakers anymore, the sound on them is just so shitty compared to my headphones that I just can't bare hearing them if my headphones run out of battery or something.