passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Clearing out again?

Hendo

I'm not sure what the point in this thread will be but I have to get it all out.

As said many times, I'm really after a 360 now - not because the Wii is less than stellar, but because the 360's line up is so strong, plus Bioshock, plus Live Arcade, plus Live play, etc.

Thing is, I have to justify to myself the cost and space for a new system and games, so I'm looking at getting rid of some stuff (again).

To be honest even if I wasn't after a new system, I've got the bug again to clear out some finished stuff and some games that I can't see me picking up again.

I can't touch the Dreamcast games (there are some shit games in there, but I promised the last owner I wouldn't sell any of them) and I shortened my PS2 and PSP collection down to the absolute best.

I'm not sure there's any Cube games I can say bye to, wouldn't get anything for PS1 games, so it's down to my DS and Wii games again.

Take Sonic & The Secret Rings for example, I've finished it and though it was a blast (not at the beginning though) I can honestly say I can't see myself going through it again.

Eledees is more of an obvious game, I just couldn't get into it, that's an obvious candidate to go.

This isn't an excuse to get interest in selling the stuff here by the way (most likely go to GAME and go for some store credit), but what's everyone's thoughts on clearing the way a little?

Are you a hoader or is it best to keep only the games you're likely to play again?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The smart money says get everthing you dont play and get rid of it. Its just dead cash sitting on the shelf.

HOWEVER, that is a mentality, a state of mind and one i have never been able to achieve.

But if you dont play it, get it gone mate. Out with the old, in with the new eh? Then we can play games on Live together...

I think it's great to clear the way every now & again & it's how I managed to afford my PS3 by trading in XBox, PS2 & Gamecube games. So I'd say go for it mate. I recently shoved a box full of DS games up into my loft, probably never to be played again, so I expect they'll go in the end.

And another point. Buying import games vs PAL games.

Most of my DS games are US import, plus I have a huge collection of US GC games. Now, these can't be traded in at GAME/Gamestation & I'm lazy so they won't go on eBay or forums. So they'll gather dust in the loft.

Therefore I could almost be turning into a 100% PAL gamer again. :ohmy: Play a game, enjoy it, then trade it in. Even if I get £3 for a game, it's still money towards a new one.

I dont sell games.

I like collecting them. I only buy the ones that I think I'll enjoy but sometimes someone gives me some real crappy game and even those I dont sell or throw away. Who knows, maybe in the future those games will be special(I'd love to have that ET game that's one of the worst games ever).

Also, I see lots of people(here and in other forums) that sell their games and later regret and wish they hadnt done it.

On the other hand, that is also the reason why I still dont have a xbox 360 or a PSP ready to play copies. I can't afford it yet.

I'm the same as illdog, I know that all those games i'll never play could be put towards something I will use, but I just cant bring myself to do it. Seriously where would you even start?

The only games I've got rid of in the past few years have been games I've hated or seen back of in a few days. Off the top of my head Rayman, Red Steel (which I sort of regret) Rafa Nadal and Point Blank are the 2 I can think of. And chances are Big Brain Academy will be joining them if I can get a decent price for it.

I think maybe I like having a games collection too much, that I have an eclectic selection to choose from when I'm between new games

relmatos wrote:

Also, I see lots of people(here and in other forums) that sell their games and later regret and wish they hadnt done it.

I'll admit to being one of those people...sometimes. :whistle: But even if I regret it, I don't go & buy it again & after a couple of days I've forgotten about it. See I actually get quite nervous when I have tonnes of games in my cupboards. It's difficult to explain really, but I sometimes feel weighed down by all my games, like it's putting pressure on me.

But I also love buying games & getting them in the post. Hhm. :S

its funny this should come up now as i'm also about to get rid of a ton of stuff. I move house in four weeks time and so need to clear out 24 3/4 years worth of junk. I've been planning on getting rid of most of it on ebay,already traded in some ds and ps2 stuff to get a psp (which i haven't actually touched yet, but i know i well eventually)I've gotten to a point now where i can't be bothered to hoard stuff, it just sits gathering dust and taking up room. Only very very special things will make the cut (Rushmore DVD, Shadow Of The colossus, Metal Bender figure etc) and everything else will get sold, taken to the charity shop or tipped. Anything that i do sell peeps on here can get first dibs before it gets listed etc etc. I imagine it'll be one of those things in years to come when i have my own house and space i'll look back and regret getting rid of it, but at this moment i really have any other options

Good point, Jim, I also need to clear out some DVD's.

Some games like Eternal Darkness I really miss (didn't sell it though, some bastard robbed me off my Cube and games) but I aced it 3 times through and I still have the save so would it be worth buying again "just because"?

If a game has had a lasting impression on you, I don't think there's any shame in selling it as the memories will always be there.

Or something.

Take my puzzle games as another example (Puzzle League, Meteos, Picross, Tetris DS, Zookeeper and probably a load more) - the only one I wouldn't want to part with is Zookeeper as it's the only one I can see me picking up again and again.

Crikey.

I can see most of my collection disappearing.

I'm an absolute fucking horder, i really can't get rid of stuff at all, I just figure, it'd make me sad getting a pitiful amount of money for something I've really enjoed so I may as well just keepit. I've still got a twat load of speccy 48k games knocking about from when i was a nipper

im a horder too, but sometimes a fickle one. i go through phases, it has been known for me to sell massive amounts of anything, but most of the time i sit on it regardless of wether i use it or not. i have a few games that i havent even played yet, some that i dont even think id like, but i bought them anyway to have a well rounded collection :P

have you got a 720p+ set to go with those fries, hendleton?

Nope, my TV is old and shitty, doesn't even have a phones output!

I could afford either a new TV or a 360 and I may not be getting as good results as everyone else, but I'm going with the 360.

I'm currently going through my games and being pretty ruthless, though the Gamecube games are going nowhere - that's the only machine I want to have a bit of pride in my collection for. I nearly put LEGO Star Wars II in the pile but the fact that it's the proper Star Wars saved it.

Unlike the first one that I have for the PS2 which is going - the only PS2 game left I can say bye to. Only one PSP game too, which is the first Mercury.

A few Wii games, including Trauma Center! Don't get me wrong, it's a great game (and probably my vote for GotM), but I've finished it and can't see me picking it back up anytime soon. Sonic, Eledees and Heatseeker are going too.

And a fuck load of DS games - and I still have a lot left!

I think once you're in the mood for clearing out, you can get rid of tonnes of stuff, rather than just a game at a time. Plus if it's going towards something that you really want (a 360?) then it's even easier.

Read it and weep (I know I have).

Right hand side is the bottom part, manipulated via the wonders of MS Paint to make it fit.

receipt.jpg

20p for Metal Gear Solid 2!

Still, 300 quid! Elite will be mine!

310 for an Elite with Bioshock (the Big Daddy special one apparently).

I sell virtually none of my games, certainly not and Cube or DS ones. I only buy good games anyway so I don't have any crap on my shelf. Arf!

I did get rid of Lego Star Wars II on 360 as it was so broken, mind...

There's very little I got rid of that I didn't like but I'm trying to stop my hoarding sensibilities. Especially now I'm gonna have another machine to buy for.

Oh and Phooey - like the last time, they took my American DS games. :)

Fuck, some great prices on some of those old DS games dude.

I would have had a couple of games Shin, but i think I can speak for Hendo when i say this was a package deal, all to go there and then. £300 smacks out of nothing really.