passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Introduction Thread

Centy

Welcome to the site, Steve. From the South West eh, whereabouts?

Nice gaming history, I shame myself everytime I say that I've never owned a Dreamcast.

What forum did you see me pimping the DS-WiiFi signature on? :side:

Edit: nRev?

Welcome Steve!

It always seems to be my job to mention the medical, perhaps cos im the only one who insists on performing it, but im going to need a urine sample and a photo of your lady friend in the buff. For medical reasons.

Just on the Dreamcast, there are a few DC fans on this forum, Ben being the biggest I think and Riva and myself to a lesser extent, so you can come and get love hugs from us at any time.

Awww shucks, cheers for all making me feel so welcome everyone. Very decent.

:blush::)

Oh yeah, I judt wanted to spill out a couple of replies to specific questions and comments if I may:

Dreamcast fans - Hell yeah. I love the DC and have 6 complete systems at home, 2 set up permanently, 3 shrinkwrapped and 1 for a rainy day! Also got 99% of all Dreamcast mags produced, all the periphe...perifera...all the swanky shite and around 60+ games. Faves are Skies of Arcadia, MSR, Starlancer, SNKvCapcom and of course, the Shenmue series. Only bad thing is that it's not Nintendo. That, and the fact my missus keeps claiming our house is like a frickin' arcade - hence it all being banned to one of our spare rooms, apart from the 'token' DC downstairs with the Wii.

illdog - Mate, I'll try and sort out a photo buff-style this weekend, no promises mind. You may have to settle for finding the relevant month's magazine instead. Tightwad! Erm, you and not the name of the mag! As for urine sample, that should be easier as we're currently fcuking around with our bathroom at the mo', so the 'facilities' are odd at best!

Retro_Ed - I'm living and working in Exeter at the moment, but originally come from St Agnes and the deep SW of Cornwall for my sins. Oh yeah, and the signature banner WAS from N-Rev. A nice forum but too many kids blowing up each other's asses for my liking. Not like here it seems. Thank fcuk.

James - Retro is the way to go man! In fact tomorrow we're rejigging our newly-laid out loft space with stuff and the plan is to sneakily set up my BBC and Electron systems up there with our old retro telly (my GF thinks it's been recycled hehehe) and some tacky-patterned cushions for comfort. Hoping the other half doesn't go up there though, as she's not a fan. Only of the DS and Wii. Her time will come and until then, I'll be left with Citadel, IK+, Killer Gorilla and the awesome Elite in peace. I'm still somewhere between 'Mostly Harmless' and 'Poor' in terms of rating on that one. What a fucking insult for a gamer of my 30 years!

:dry: :(

Anyhow, I've wittered for long enough now (blame the couple of Aussie VB lagers from tonight!) so I'll sod off and pass the mic to the next newbie whilst I peruse these here message boards. Cheers again for the welcoming comments and hope to catch up with y'all soon on and offline.

Take it easy.

Steve

B)

PS: The italics are there especially for SlyEnemy 2.0 and any of your earlier versions matey. You know you love 'em you slag!

hey welcome, I was a massive dream cast fan until one fateful night, and you'll hate me for this............

Last level of Jet Set Radio, the one where you have to tag the gang members as they are skating in like 3 freaking seconds...... so I tried a billion times never did it got frustrated until this one time I had them all and was on the last one and was tagging him AS the timer went to 0. Well logic would tell you that the generic gameshow saying of "I've started so I'll finish" should have taken effect, but no you have to finish the tag before the timer reaches zerl so I was probably 0.000001 seconds off doing it, and it was the closest I'd ever come. It was frustrating not being able to do it anyway but that took the piss, so a prehistoric animal rage ensued and I used the closest thing to hand as a weapon.... the dreamcast pad, I can tell ya that swinging it around like a whip you can get some speed up on those things, needless to say that dreamcast pad mate it's maker that night.... when it collided at a speed high enough to make a whoosh sound into the dreamcast. The pad literally exploded, the biggest thing I could find was the anologue stick. I should mention that other than being now in two seperate pieces the dreamcast faired pretty well.

That was the most satisfying piece of destruction I have ever felt. I beat that game in my mind cos I killed it. Sat down smiled, Alex 1, Dreamcast nil. Who's laughing now Jet Set Freaking Radio.

Anyway I didn't buy another one, can I have one of yours?

Fedex wrote:

hey welcome, I was a massive dream cast fan until one fateful night, and you'll hate me for this............

Last level of Jet Set Radio, the one where you have to tag the gang members as they are skating in like 3 freaking seconds...... so I tried a billion times never did it got frustrated until this one time I had them all and was on the last one and was tagging him AS the timer went to 0. Well logic would tell you that the generic gameshow saying of "I've started so I'll finish" should have taken effect, but no you have to finish the tag before the timer reaches zerl so I was probably 0.000001 seconds off doing it, and it was the closest I'd ever come. It was frustrating not being able to do it anyway but that took the piss, so a prehistoric animal rage ensued and I used the closest thing to hand as a weapon.... the dreamcast pad, I can tell ya that swinging it around like a whip you can get some speed up on those things, needless to say that dreamcast pad mate it's maker that night.... when it collided at a speed high enough to make a whoosh sound into the dreamcast. The pad literally exploded, the biggest thing I could find was the anologue stick. I should mention that other than being now in two seperate pieces the dreamcast faired pretty well.

That was the most satisfying piece of destruction I have ever felt. I beat that game in my mind cos I killed it. Sat down smiled, Alex 1, Dreamcast nil. Who's laughing now Jet Set Freaking Radio.

Anyway I didn't buy another one, can I have one of yours?

Not to rub it in or anything, but I did this on my first go.

I'm such a cunt.

Oh and Slippy, You know I love it, bitch

Guest purple_platypus

The people who originate from gamepulse will know me as kakarru but since im bored of that name for now im going to be purple_platypus. I dont have any particular console i prefer over the others but i was always a nintendo fan back in the snes era. my friend at the time had a mega drive so we were constantly arguing over which one was better.

Guest purple_platypus

I know have both a megadrive and a snes so i cant realy argue either way. Plus anal sex has never really appeled to me to be honest.