passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Podcasts

Phooey

I only really listen to Joypod as I enjoy Sean Bell's ramblings and because Midnight Resistance don't record regularly, or at least haven't been lately. With Joypod currently on a break it was a nice surprise to see a 5 hour podcast turn up. Will be starting to listen to Cain & Rinse off the back of this mash-up also, sounds like they've got some excellent content coming up this year.

I've been listening to The Besties since it started, it's awesome. Also listen to MBMBAM due to the McElroy brothers being three of the funniest bastards alive.

I'm listening to mashup podcast (joypod etc), and I know Elmo comes here every now and then so I apologise for writing this, but the forced laughter is putting me off. The actual game talk is fairly interesting though :)

edit: I completely agree with Elmo about Max Payne

It's better in my opinion. But they're both great.

Listened to besties yet ed? Anyone?

I haven't listened to Midnight Resistance yet, I don't know if I could handle Mr. Bell saying 'Like' every 30 seconds any more than I already get on Joypod. Him and the other guy have both been fairly entertaining on other podcasts i've heard, so maybe i'll give it try.

I heard one episode of Besties, a few months ago, and it was a clusterfuck of 5 or 6 guys shouting over each other and talking in stupid voices. Bad luck in episode selection, or is it always like that?

I heard one episode of Besties, a few months ago, and it was a clusterfuck of 5 or 6 guys shouting over each other and talking in stupid voices. Bad luck in episode selection, or is it always like that?

No, you got the jist. It's only one of them that does the voices, you can hear the rest of them sitting there facepalming but it's all done tongue-in-cheek. Reminds me of the old GFW Radio podcasts that used to be on in some ways.

I didn't dig the Vita slating on Joymidrinse at all. Not many games use the rear touchpad. PS1 games can be configured so that you aren't pressing buttons on the touchpad. You can even move those buttons to the touchscreen, really useful for games such as MGS as you can place the buttons over the icons themselves. And it has the best D-pad of recent times. Proprietary storage costing a fortune is annoying, but no one complains at the price differences between the iPad for example. I paid 80 quid more for a 32GB iPad instead of the 16GB variant. The poor thing is going to die a death though, and I'm very sad about that. I have a sweet selection of games on my Vita that only a select few seem to be appreciating.

Max Payne 3 was one of 2012's best games, though.

I think I'm about half-way through the podcast, will continue listening later.

It was a weird coincidence to hear Patrick talk about Barkley, Shut Up And Jam: Gaiden, on this week's bombcast. I only just started playing it this weekend, after having it on my hard drive for 4 years.

Everything he says about it is right, it's amazing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

This week's Idle Thumbs had me in stitches throughout. Cool Spot appearing in Journey in particular. :lol:

New Chet & Jon and Retro Asylum to listen to today, and Eurogamer have put up their first show of the year. 360 Gamercast have just uploaded their PS4 special, too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's been almost three years, but there's a new A Life Well Wasted up.

ep-7_work.jpg

Episode 7: Work

Robert Ashley talks to a developer at a big game studio about his strange trip from blue collar work to video game work, gets a lesson in work ethic from legendary game designer John Romero, finds out what can happen when you give your work away for free, and profiles Nick Smith (aka Ulillillia).

http://alifewellwasted.com/2013/03/20/episode-seven-work/