Hendo

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shin_Seffron wrote:

Right, in an update to my problem - Not being able to play Virtual Console games now that im using an Official Wii component cable.

Basically the solution is to boot up the VC game and go to the Home screen. Then go to the Operations Manual plug in a nunchuck and press Z, A and 2 simultaneously A sound will be heard to denote that its worked - the same sound that plays when you click on a button.

I have no idea what this does, but it worked for me, I can now play Zelda: LTTP!

Apparently to get out of this 'mode' you go back to the Operations manual and press press Z, A and 1 simultaneously

Although leaving it in this mode doesnt actually seem to do anything to the rest of the Wii's function... It certainally doesnt change any of the screen settings.

I had a play with this tonight and did the Z+A+2 combo. Here are my findings.

Games I have tested and work:

Zelda: LTTP (SNES)

Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Mystical Ninja (SNES)

DKC2 (SNES)

Streets of Rage II (MD)

Kirby's Adventure (NES)

Super Mario Bros. (NES)

Bomberman '93 (worked before)

Mario 64 (worked before)

MK64 (worked before)

Games I have tested and do not work:

Super Mario World (SNES)

Excitebike (NES)

Also, is it just me, or does the Wii Menu look better in 50Hz (576i) compared to EDTV/HDTV (480p)? I haven't tried any games, but the menu screens look a little bit better I think. :huh:

TopGunKnacker wrote:

whoops i was browsing the virtual console when i slipped and landed on the wiimote, accidentally filling out hte application for 1000 points and then buying smb3

Silly you...;)

From Nintendo's official press release:

Please note

A second Virtual Console game was due to be released this week; however it failed to meet our technical standards because it was found to be incompatible with certain TVs when using a Component AV cable. As we are committed to releasing all new Virtual Console games with 100% component compatibility, we have decided to delay the release of this game until these technical standards are met.

*edit*

This post was proffesinally bodged in a freak editing mishap, that should of been a routine copy and paste :P

*edit*

UPDATE 23/11/07

King of the Fighters '94 (NEO GEO) 900 points

Bubble Bobble (NES) 500 points

Ah Bubble Bobble, i spent so much time playing on that as a nipper...