passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sonic X Shadow Generations

Maf

I thought there was a general Sonic thread but couldn’t find it

Anyway here’s the trailer. Apart from the game looking silky smooth I couldn’t see any graphical difference between this and the original. Not saying there isn’t, but I couldn’t see any

It looks like they’re using Radical Highway and Final Rush from Sonic Adventure 2 (two of the best Sonic levels ever) with some Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic 2006 shit I dunno. There’s one bit in the trailer where a crazy graphics things happens and it looks kind of sick. 

I’m really behind on Sonic. Not played Superstars or the iPad game. But this got me a bit hyped so maybe it’s time to catch up

My inner optimist and cynist are having quite the Dragon Ball fight right now. The former thinks this could be a pretty cool game considering its strong foundation (Generations), the latter is convinced that SEGA will just ruin the best 3D Sonic with all the additional Shadow fluff being added to it.

3 minutes ago, mfnick said:

Generations is by far the best modern Sonic game. Loved it. So I’ll keep my eye on this just to see if the extras are worth a double dip. 

100% agree. Generations was brilliant. Certainly interested in this.

The 3D stuff in Generations is great but the 2D stuff was never quite right. It was always the poorer half of the package. I was sorting of hoping they’d ‘fix’ it, but clearly not.

Nice there’s new content with Shadow at least and it isn’t purely a reheated thing. 

Suppose it was obvious but the reason this game doesn’t look much better graphically is it’s also coming out on Switch. 

I think I will get the PC version so I can mod in skins and stuff. I did that on Frontiers and it was cool. Especially because the Xbox version runs at 4K60 already. Apart from this being native not sure what I would be buying which I don’t already have on console