passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

mmmark

As a fan of villains, I really don't like when they are purely comic relief. The boss fights are cool and make use of this games mechanics. The cutscenes around them are cringeworthy.

It is funny that it took this quest, many hours into the game. To remind me that battery pack you carry since the beginning of the game, can be upgraded.

Next session - The Finale

Finally did the last thing in the underground:

Spoiler

The Spirit Temple

(Weird that Josha says nothing when you 100% the underground. In fact nobody does??)

Now everything "main quest" is done, save for Hyrule Castle. I did give one of the underworld redux fights a go. Finished it, but also remembered it was a bit boring. So I won't bother with the others. I've got an eclectic range of costumes and costume pieces now.

Spoiler

The Zelda 1 set gave a chuckle also.

On 18/06/2023 at 08:36, OCH said:

As a fan of villains, I really don't like when they are purely comic relief. The boss fights are cool and make use of this games mechanics. The cutscenes around them are cringeworthy.

It is funny that it took this quest, many hours into the game. To remind me that battery pack you carry since the beginning of the game, can be upgraded.

I still haven't upgraded mine

3 hours ago, Pikman said:

I still haven't upgraded mine

You spend so much of the game nervously looking at the stamina meter and the charges on the battery pack. When you've maxed them out (or near, with the battery). It's amazing how much extra ground you can clear. When the battery pack is nearly full you don't really need the pocket batteries.

On 19/06/2023 at 16:34, OCH said:

You spend so much of the game nervously looking at the stamina meter and the charges on the battery pack. When you've maxed them out (or near, with the battery). It's amazing how much extra ground you can clear. When the battery pack is nearly full you don't really need the pocket batteries.

I really ought to Google it, lol. I also need to do something about the camera, but I also can't remember where to go, lol.
I didn't yet use Google, kind of don't want to.

13 hours ago, Pikman said:

I really ought to Google it, lol.

It happens so early in the game, it is easy to forget. The battery place (and Steward Construct) is on the first sky island you wake up on.

Meanwhile...

Hyrule Castle. I did want to finish this at some point this week. Then I got suckered into finishing an additional four side quests. Also unlocking all Great Fairies and subsequently falling down that rabbit hole. It's nice to actually be able to take a hit or two at this point. I was a little disappointed by the repeat fight in the castle. The build up was cool though.

Decked out in new (strong) threads. I am really aiming to bring this to an end by the weekend.. At the latest.

On 21/06/2023 at 22:29, OCH said:

It happens so early in the game, it is easy to forget. The battery place (and Steward Construct) is on the first sky island you wake up on.

I do seem to have some extra batteries now, but I don't know how it happened. I did go to a sky island (way up north) and met a construct but we didn't chat 'batteries' 😅

Finale - Part 1: I was not prepared.

🤦‍♂️

I forgot the central environmental hazard of this game has been the Gloom. So of course it would be all over the final area and of course I would bring no recipes to offset this. Besides only really having health replenishing food doesn't help restore "dead" hearts. 

The final boss fight was fun. Fighting it with less than six hearts wasn't.

On the plus side, the last two Lightroots are ticked off and the reward for completely mapping the underworld is a ...>Spoiler free<

Work took over my life for a month but I finally turned on my Switch again and got back into this. It took a minute to relearn the controls. I love the minecarts you can use to whiz around the place. 

I was looking at the time my Switch friends have put into this and there’s a big variation. I’m still at the 5 hour mark so I’ll be playing catch up for a while.

Finale - Part 2: Soar long!

Find Princess Zelda - Complete

I was impressed. I haven't been impressed with a mainline Zelda since Twilight Princess. Is it perfect? No. Will I 100%? Absolutely not. I would like to see them take what they've learned from BOTW & TOTK and apply it to a more traditional (and creative) Zelda title in the future though. 8/10

Played some more today. Got the third ability, the ability to go up through solid surfaces. Very cool stuff. Also got the boots that protect against cold. Still under 10 hours but I suspect I’ll creep over that on my next play session.

Got the next ability which follows hot on the heels of that one, and had fun flying the wing devices. The first time I  flew one I went flying over the back of the Temple of Time, those babies can really go far.

I love this game, it’s strangely therapeutic. Brings back a lot of memories for me as I was still settling into my new life in Japan when the first game came out. Breath of the Wild isn’t a game that I thought I needed a sequel to but I’m glad they’ve made one.

I’ve enjoyed being back in Hyrule. From the lake I landed in I followed the road to the giant hole covered in miasma, beat up some goblins along the way, cleared a shrine, tamed a horse and now I’ve arrived at a Fort/town like area.

I feel like these games are kindred spirits to Fumito Ueda’s games, which is probably the main thing I like about them.

Reading blakey's post in 'sacked it off' about how repetitive the combat is in this made me want to share these videos where I look for weird ways to fight stuff

This is a very flexible game with really fun and hilarious enemy reactions

(no spoilers, just big thumbnails)

Spoiler

I'll have to return to this at some point, kinda took it at far too slow a pace and made very little progress for my hour count