passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Callisto Protocol

Nag

This has reminded me of when No More Heroes was first released and in Japan the blood was cut out.  There was an argument at the time that it was meant to be like that and blood was added to the American version since they're so blood thirsty (weirdly, we got the bloodless version in Europe too) and I imported the American version and it was clear from the way cut scenes were framed that the blood was meant to be there.  I think any version since is the uncensored version so this is probably forgotten about now.

Anyway, I suppose Japanese games at least are rarely super gory and I suppose CERO probably don't operate in the same way as their film or animation rating body because they're not shy about it there.

• 3 weeks later...

It did very little for GOW, in fact I'm not sure if they implemented it. 

Tho I will say that hearing how it works in Returnal, how it alerts you to how near a poison cloud is by the way it signals proximity in the dualsense, that type of thing is genuinely innovative and actually enhances gameplay. Tho none of the games I've tried on PS have bothered with anything like this (Demon's Souls kinda does it with dragons.. kinda)

Talk to Sony about a replacement, they replaced 2 of my DS4's FOC years ago.

Each to their own, I think it adds to the experience slightly, I prefer the controller overall to the Xbox one anyway so even if it just had rumble I'd still prefer the PS5 version, all about preferences. S'all good.

Still can’t believe how much this game went under my radar. It was only when I saw a YouTube video say “From the creators of the original Dead Space”, I went “Wait, what now?” 

I loved Dead Space 1, was such a brilliant game. And from the gameplay videos I’ve watched of this, I reckon it should be pretty good.

Details of the season pass...

The full Season Pass rundown was spied on the game's Steam page by VGC, and you can pore through the entire contents of The Callisto Protocol's Season Pass below.

Outer Way Skin Collection: Bear the armour of the Outer Way, an underground insurgency pitted against the UJC, as you fight to survive the horrors of Callisto.

Contagion Bundle: Discover the ultimate survival horror experience with a new mode, Contagion. With reduced ammo and health drops, a customised difficulty and permadeath – there are no second chances to escape Black Iron Prison or the horrors lurking beneath the surface of Callisto.

The Contagion Bundle also includes thirteen new Jacob death animations and the Watchtower Skin Collection.
Riot Bundle: Venture into a previously undiscovered area of Black Iron Prison and battle through waves of brutal enemies. Gather credits to upgrade your weapons, or forge new ones, and survive the onslaught as long as you can in Riot, an all-new mode.

The Riot Bundle also includes twelve new enemy death animations and the Engineer Skin Collection.

Story DLC: Dig deeper into the horrifying secrets of The Callisto Protocol.

Kind've sad this even has a Season Pass to be honest... unless it adds new achievements I won't be buying it and even then it'll wait until it's discounted heavily.