passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Resident Evil 4

one-armed dwarf

• 4 weeks later...

🐮🔥

I'm on board, they're doing the right things here. Feck off cows

Did not show the vr mode yet though unfortunately

It's basically the same game more or less, so a little redundant. But tbh if they're just going to remake all these games well it's good that they turn out good at least

Looks awesome. Looks like they‘re really modernising the game which after playing it this year, is very welcome. The original is still very playable, but it’s very stiff and slow and I prefer the more cinematic action of the newer games than the video gamey feel of the old one. Which looks like this is going to be so I like that.

Easy Day 1 for this anyway but that gameplay trailer was fantastic. Looks like they've added bits to it in the run up to Leon's arrival in the village as I didn't recognise a lot of that spooky opening area up to his arrival into the village.

I never finished the OG game, I think I got up to the bit where you first encounter Ashley so that whole second story trailer was mostly new stuff for me really. 

Looks like the combat is massively improved from the OG and, dare I saw it, a bit TLOUP2-ified in that it's more about running and adapting to the threats ahead of you now and using the environment rather than just picking them off one by one with your arsenal of weapons. I really dig it, so looking forward to this.

Funny that they specifically showed the village sequence. The only horror segment in the game. That, also being full of flashy quick time set pieces to wow the normies.

So at least now I know it is literally the same game with "shiny new" graphics pasted over it. What a waste of time and resources. Can't wait for the remake of RE8 next year..🙄

4 minutes ago, OCH said:

So at least now I know it is literally the same game with "shiny new" graphics pasted over it.

Dude it’s not this at all. They just the showed the most iconic part of an iconic game because of course that’s what you keep and show in the trailer. And even then there’s lot of new mechanics going on.

EDIT: You’re describing Last of Us Part 1 lol

I've never played the Last of Us. But I have played RE4. To me, a ninth generation skin over it isn't good enough to justify the remakes existence. REmake 1 revolutionised the original game. I don't see this even aiming for that level. But the fanboys will throw money at it and consider it the second coming, regardless.

1 hour ago, OCH said:

I don't see this even aiming for that level.

It doesn't need to, the recent remakes are aping this games style anyway, this game just needs modernising as to be fair it controls pretty poorly by today's standards.

I'm certain that even being able to move while shooting will change the game for the better in some new ways.

27 minutes ago, Nag said:

It doesn't need to,

Exactly. But that was the point of these remakes though. Overhaul the early games into something playable for a modern audience. REmake 1 and (from what I understand) REmake 2, succeeded in that respect. RE4 only "needed" QoL improvements. Stuff they could have just as easily put into a HD remaster instead.

• 3 months later...

Taken from IGN...

Capcom provided a better idea of what fans can expect from the highly anticipated remake in a new cover story for Game Informer. The most significant change from the remake is that there will be no quick-time events.

Game Informer's story mentions that sidequests are also being added to the remake, stating that blue flyers located in-game are used to collect sidequests for you to complete, with examples including solving a puzzle, tracking down and eliminating a specific enemy. The blue medallion collectible that was featured in the original will also be returning in the remake..

One of the more interesting gameplay changes is that knives will have limited durability and will break after a certain amount of use. However, you can store multiple knives in your inventory. Additionally, you will have the option to trade jewels with the merchant in exchange for items such as yellow herbs, treasure maps, and weapon attachments.

Resident Evil 4 Remake also changes Ashley Graham, who no longer has a health bar, but if she takes too much damage, she will be in a "downed state" and need to be revived. If she is hit when in a "downed state," she will die. A Capcom representative said that the developers want to make Ashley "feel more like a natural companion and less like a second health bar to babysit," confirming that she can perform things such as sending her through a crawlspace to open a door that's locked on the other side.

Also, new enemy...

Screenshot_20230201-055810_Instagram.jpg

This is all from Game Informer originally.