passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Grid Legends

Maf

I played the first Grid a million years ago but didn't really get it. Kind of seemed like every other racing game. I like the wide variety of vehicles and the graphics in this new one, though. Looks cool. 

The story is whatever. I can skip cutscenes. 

The first grid was great and fully fleshed out with ideas not replicated since, but somewhere down the line it’s become whacky races. 2019 was a return to form but now it’s this again.

Heres the trailer to the first Grid:

Having said that even a bad codemasters racer is still a good game so I’ll keep an open mind. 

I dunno Dirt 5 was pretty boring. 

Isn't Grid the game that started the rewind feature? Or did that come before, I can't remember. I just remember playing a few races of it and thinking it was just a very straight forward, no thrills racing game. Which is fine, just left me a bit cold. Maybe I didn't get it.

1 hour ago, Maf said:

I dunno Dirt 5 was pretty boring. 

Isn't Grid the game that started the rewind feature? Or did that come before, I can't remember. I just remember playing a few races of it and thinking it was just a very straight forward, no thrills racing game. Which is fine, just left me a bit cold. Maybe I didn't get it.

It might well of been, I had it in my mind it was one of the Forza games? Or maybe Dirt 3? But yeah, could well of been Grid.

Yea I’m pretty sure it was Grid that started rewinding. If not it was definitely a Codies game. Forza (controversially to begin with) added it later.

I thought the first Grid was excellent. Good handling model and the drifting was brilliant once you put some time in and got used to it. Not enjoyed any since though and thought 2019 was pretty poor. I’m still interested in this though. Will give it a chance. 

What I loved about grid 1 was that quiet a way through the single player it said hey, now you’re a team manager and you got to name your team, design it and hire a team mate.

Apparently DiRT was the first driving game with rewind (2007).

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

https://www.theloadout.com/grid-legends/game-pass-trial

If you’re more interested in experiencing everything the gameplay has to offer, the GRID Legends Game Pass trial is giving players access to the full game. So, you can check out GRID Legends’ crossplay multiplayer before everyone else. Or, if you want to brush up on your skills before tackling other players, you can race against the computer – GRID Legends’ AI racers will be an advancement on GRID 2019’s Nemesis AI system.

It doesn't say campaign but it says full game. So I assume campaign included? 

Gave it a go. The story mode is included, seems like the full game to me.

Shame it’s BORING AS FUCK!! I appreciate what they’re trying to do, but God Damn it sucks shit.

Really don’t like the handling model either. It’s not sim, but it’s not arcade and it’s not that great middle ground either like a PGR, Dirt, Driveclub etc. Do yourself a favour and turn down the speed camera effect too, that weird, horrible lurching it does when changing gear or letting off the accelerator goes then. 

It’s not exactly a looker either. 

Thumb down from me. 

This may be a 10 hour trial, but you are limited to how much you can do. I finished the 6th story mission and have hit a wall asking to upgrade to the full version. But there is still career mode available to try, which I will be doing.

I have enjoyed what I played, there's a nice variation of handling across the vehicles I've driven. I've been using cockpit view and found it perfectly acceptable. 

Did you play 2019 grid @retroed? It’s pretty much the same but with a soap opera.

I started it too. It’s good as any other codemasters game. The graphics seemed really good in the opening race but then barely better than GRID 2019. 

It’s good it’s just not a step up from what we’ve had for years. 

Reviews are out but there aren’t enough of them yet to bother posting. 

edit: ffs @DisturbedSwan 😅