passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Final Fantasy General Chat

Jimboxy

Well a 7 run is down to @Maryokutai. I don't mind if everyone agrees as I wanted to tackle the OG before rebirth.

Sometime this year was mentioned but that's Mary's show, really.

26 minutes ago, mfnick said:

Do a reminder post on Sunday about it and I may join a 6 playthrough. 

No problem.

Not sure if I'm the right person to organise something like that. I might very well just randomly start playing it when I'm in the right mood, so maybe you're better off holding onto your plan of going with VI now.

That's fair enough. I'll just pester Och to drop one of his games and try to get mfnick on board. I honestly don't think I could handle any more midgar just yet after struggle/loving/hating my way thru remake.

3 hours ago, OCH said:

Rebirth/Tekken 8/Armoured Core 6/Soul Calibur 6.

Och pestering phase one.

Well let's face it, you don't like rebirth, you should only be playing one fighter at a time, and I've heard Armoured Core 6 is basically a game for small girls.

Now let's get with the program.

11 minutes ago, Metroid66 said:

Och pestering phase one.

😂

To be fair in OG FF7, Midgar itself amounts to only an hour or two of gameplay. Junon is about 30 minutes. Costa Del Sol and Gongaga are ten minutes at the most. 

My last run took 5 hours, knowing where I was going but no grinding. 'Casual' but without getting lost and stuff so somewhere between that number and HD's is prob right for most. I dunno about averages but you have to take into account PAL->NTSC speed differences as well

Also I did fuck up the 'stealth' section in the shinra tower constantly, where you sneak past guards. Fucking dogshit section, that added some time anyway

and I got proof of that time, it's timestamped on a vid I posted in the thread. An hour for Midgar is nuts, would be some interesting tech to see tho

I was up for joining this.  Found my GBA Micro and everything but I've no idea where my copy of VI is.  It's be ideal since I wrapped up Persona 5.

I'll have another look sometime but it could be in one of the last houses I lived in.  Strange, especially since I did find FF IV, VII, VIII and IX 🙃

Way I see it, based on these posts the stars are aligning here to dispose of this dumb plan to play FFVI and go for the cooler option of playing Triple Triad VIII. 

There's even a thread for it right here

https://www.mfgamers.net/index.php?/topic/40766-final-fantasy-viii/#comment-171792

edit wait I'm reading my own posts in that thread and that VIII port is dogshit. Abort, back to VI, abort

I've played through FF8 once. I don't care to do so again. I'll consider (aka try not to forget) FF6 for this Sunday (or next?)

So I just looked up the FFVI Pixel Remaster on the eShop just in case I happened to be motivated at some point during your playthrough. But is it just me or does it look inferior to the SNES original? Something about the colours looks off, as if they amped up the saturation to compensate for a lack of depth or something. 

Thanks, guess I could have looked it up. I do find the colour palette (and, funnily, the Mode7 shots) more appealing on SNES but yeah, it's not as huge a difference than I thought it was from memory. Kind of odd it's 1.5GB though.

And sidenote, but Terra's theme has to be one of the best songs in the entire series.

Also Kefka is probably one of the top five villains in the entire series. For SPOILER reasons that a first time playthrough will illuminate.