passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Ring Fit Adventure

Jimboxy

I didn't do much on this last week due to various aches and my hot water situation over the weekend. I'm struggling a bit to motivate myself after work, trying to get it done between eating and the football starting. 

I woke up early this morning though so did a session. Not the hardest session I've done on it, should have done more squats, but it got me sweating so it was good to do 

• 1 month later...

Had my first session on this. I’m very impressed and has just gone to show me how unfit I am. My work involves me being active but it’s not like a workout still. 

Set it to the the one below top intensity. I played the adventure mode and defeated the boss guy once. Took about 30 min. I was genuinely sweating and my arms had turned to jelly from the overhead presses. Could definitely feel it in my legs too. Wasn’t expecting to be as fucked as I was from it. Damn good. 

I think I need to alter my jogging on the spot technique though. The arched part of my right foot started really hurting so think I might be stepping on it wrong. I might have to start relying on the sounds more too so I don’t have to look at the screen as much. Obviously when stood up you Have to look slightly downwards at the tv so found I was getting a bit of neck ache from that. Luckily the sound design is excellent so shouldn’t be too much of a issue. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried this about a month ago and couldn’t do it at all. I had it on absolute medium settings, got through the first 2 levels and my lungs were burning so badly I had to stop and didn’t feel right again until the next day.

I did this for about a week and then called it quits it’s way too hard.

Stop smoking.

I've always been interested in this but I don't know if I can play it properly. The area with my TV has a rather low ceiling (I can't stretch completely without touching it) and I don't know how often the game ask you to do moves like that. I could technically put the Switch in tablet mode somewhere else but I doubt I'll be able to see everything from a distance.

Are there quite a lot of stretching moves involved?

I tried it in tablet mode, way too small to see properly, as you'd really need it at head height about 1m in front of you, rather than on a waist height  table as I had.

As for space, deffo need at least 1m all round about plus at least 2m roof height, and there's floor exercises too

Floor and around isn't so much a problem but the roof height worries me as it's only about 2,15 in front of my TV (I'm 1,88).

I might just try it out and see if it works. Worst case scenario I turn my TV 90° and monkey about on the balcony.

I’ll have to see if I took a screeenshot of that, I finished world 2 day before yesterday. I did have to redo the boss fight as I got my ass kicked.

I think it was because I ignored the advice to take out the arms first.

I’d love to be able to play it every day but after 12 hours in work I just want to cuddle up to pizza on the couch. I’ll try some more tomorrow before work.

Stumbled on the last normal level in world 4. My own fault, should’ve used the smoothies I had.

Also, colour coded enemies becomes a big thing and I changed my moves so I had two of every colour, or so I thought until I had a fight with a different coloured enemy. So I guess I have to choose which colours to only have one of.

It should be fairly obvious, but worth pointing out that the first time you find the shop, you can’t buy smoothies until you do a task for the shop keeper, but you can buy new clothes and they all have stat upgrades. I had enough money to replace all my clothes, so well worth doing.

As an exercise session each stage is way too short, whilst as a game it's really not much fun.

The exercises themselves are quite decent, the use of different exercise colours to defeat monsters works fine,  but the brevity of the gameplay doesn't seem to hold my interest.

I'd much rather each stage was at least 15-30 min full on exercise each.

The length is fine for me, I guess you could always up the difficulty? Whenever it starts I always I tell it to keep it as it is. In one session I’ll do as far as I can in each world, either to finish it or fail out near the end. That’s honestly enough for me at this stage!

I’m looking forward to finishing the story mode and taking a look at the other modes. I did a couple of the mini games that world 4 threw up and they seem fun enough.