passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

GODZILLA Cinematic Universe

mmmark

KotM is an almost an amazing Godzilla movie and has one of the largest gaps between critical and audience ratings in rotten tomatoes history. So there.

BB89FF72-60D0-412F-910A-52E892F78A34.jpeg

Also they’re films about kaiju fighting one another. I can’t see it being much different unless they make it more like the first and have fewer kaiju fighting each other and more human drama. 

I'm no fan of the recent Godzilla films, but I will say Kong: Skull Island is better than it has any right to be. I saw it at the cinema and kind of hated it, but I've randomly seen it a few times since and really enjoyed it, despite it being as dumb as a box of rocks.

Out of these newer movies I think I liked King of the Monsters the most, but I deeply hate the human drama in these movies. It's very bland, by-the-books, everyone's a stereotype and they always cut to their faces while the monsters are fighting each other.

I'm thinking the one of the receiving end of the beatdown is actually Mechagodzilla. Who did initially appear as a Fake Godzilla.

It is still weird that Kong is on par with Godzilla in terms of size though. Although the work around in the 70's original was... Strange.

In skull island they mention he’s a baby in that. He technically has no business been in the same universe so it’s no good comparing his use in past kong only films. I suspect they’ll be teaming up too. I can’t wait it looks sick af.

That 70s King Kong gets a lot of shit but it’s my favourite ? Jessica Lange helped ? 

E209CB32-DC24-4AA3-8C4C-9445ABD56212.gif

I hope it is shown in cinemas but I won’t be holding my breath. But then do I watch it first on a tv? Seems so wrong for a film that’s meant to be in imax. 

7 minutes ago, Nag said:

Supposedly there's going to be "a clear winner" between the pair so I guess we'll see.

Well Kong's entire thing is that he dies at the end of every film he's in, so there's that...

6 minutes ago, mmmark said:

That 70s King Kong gets a lot of shit but it’s my favourite ? Jessica Lange helped ? 

Sorry, that's my bad. I thought the original crossover film was done in the 70's...

• mmmark changed the title to GODZILLA Cinematic Universe
  • 1 month later...

So I watched GvK yesterday and loved it. What I can’t say is if you didn’t like KOTM you’d suddenly love this. I honestly can’t see why the critical reception to KOTM was worse than GvK. If I had to score as a fan KOTM is a 9.5 and GvK a 9.

Some really great throwback scenes and songs used. Can’t wait to see it at the cinema.

Here’s James review which if you don’t know is a huge Godzilla fan. There’s no spoilers really but he kind of alludes to something too much so that it’s obvious what it is he isn’t saying:

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...