passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sekiro : Shadows Die Twice

Hendo

I believe so? I fought a blue samurai bloke there who had a mega fast double slash. Couldn’t proceed any further after him though I didn’t think.  Am I missing something? A checkpoint just before him said castle top floor. 

28 minutes ago, DisturbedSwan said:

Honestly feels a bit silly how many of them there are in this. One of my only complaints with it though really. 

Youre crazy.

Wooo!!! Think I found the boss you were talking about @one-armed dwarf.

Spoiler

The guy who has a second stage with electricity? Genichiro?

Just beat him! That was a fantastic fight! Loved it. Could have cried when

Spoiler

I first beat him then he came back. That was a short lived celebration. 

But I had his original stage just about down by then anyway so didn’t take too much extra effort. 

You’ll have learned boss patterns I guess by now then? That’s a lot of the battle, executing reliably against them though is a different matter. 

Made a bit more progress last night, but a scary glitch though in the dungeon area where the world just wouldn’t load in. 

Spoiler

72896D36-021E-4CC3-A6F0-D58345958BF9.png

92B0862E-1C53-4720-A220-9AF8BA4D59D4.png

Luckily sorted it by quiting the game at the dashboard and resetting the console. Did worry me when I kept reloading saves and it wouldn’t fix it. 

Anyway got passed the dungeon and the immediate area after then met some small hat enemies which I fucking hate so decided to have a change of pace so retried that section set in the past. 

Long story short, I made that white robe guy my bitch. Destroyed him first go, felt right satisfying after how hard I found him when I first started. Also found a new Prosthetic part I’d missed last time which sounds really useful from the description since the shield guys - including the rat cunts - have caused me some of the biggest headaches so far. 

Reached the Lady Butterfly fight. Christ, she’s tough. Ridiculously fast, managed to knock her into 2nd phase a couple of times but when she summons I’m basically fucked. All my hard work goes out of the window as her posture meter recovers so fast while I’m dodging the other gits. Had to take a break. 

Quick question regarding consumable items. How do they work? I’ve used thosehealing pellet things and sometimes it registers I’ve used them but other times I’ve had my full stock again. What’s with that? Is it to do with when you die or a weird glitch? Just scared of using my Seeds, running out and her being near impossible. 

21 hours ago, mfnick said:

Wooo!!! Think I found the boss you were talking about @one-armed dwarf.

Hide contents

The guy who has a second stage with electricity? Genichiro?

Just beat him! That was a fantastic fight! Loved it. Could have cried when

Hide contents

I first beat him then he came back. That was a short lived celebration. 

But I had his original stage just about down by then anyway so didn’t take too much extra effort. 

Congrats, I really didn't expect you to make it past that fight to be honest.

One of my fave boss battles of all time that. 

Yea it was brilliant. Why wouldn’t I? Always said it wasn’t the difficulty I had a issue with in these games. It was the lack of respect for my time making me repeat the same 5-10 minute boring bullshit run up to the boss everytime. Just not enjoyable at all to me. Plus this just plays and feels better than all the others IMO. 

Just defeated that bitch Lady Butterfly so ignore some of my last post?

15 minutes ago, mfnick said:

Yea it was brilliant. Why wouldn’t I? Always said it wasn’t the difficulty I had a issue with in these games. It was the lack of respect for my time making me repeat the same 5-10 minute boring bullshit run up to the boss every time. Just not enjoyable at all to me. Plus this just plays and feels better than all the others IMO. 

Just defeated that bitch Lady Butterfly so ignore some of my last post?

Just wasn't sure if you'd still want to persevere with it after 50+ deaths (potentially) or so is all as you threw in the towel quite early on in other From games. Happy to be proven wrong :D

Shortcuts would've helped with your issue in previous games ? I have to say some of the walks back to bosses in Hollow Knight are way longer and more annoying (for me) than Souls. 

Ive got 1000’s of deaths in games like Meat Boy, Katana Zero and the like. That’s never been a issue. I think 5-10 hours is more than enough time to commit to a game before fucking it off. I found some shortcuts and they weren’t much better. Regardless, I just didn’t like Demons, Dark and Bloodborne. I just don’t think they’re actually that good. 

This though, I’m really enjoying. 

16 minutes ago, mfnick said:

Regardless, I just didn’t like Demons, Dark and Bloodborne. I just don’t think they’re actually that good. 

This though, I’m really enjoying. 

I think you might've changed your tune if you'd of finished them but yeah, we'll never know. 

Regardless, I'm glad you're really enjoying this. 

4 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

The worst parts of those games are the final few hours tho, if anything he would have just solidified his dislike for them lol

Especially Dark Souls 1, the ending of that game is terrible

If that's your view fair enough. I think the last few hours of most Souls games (particularly in DkS 1) are the strongest of the entire game usually. 

Really? Lost izalith? New Londo? Demon ruins? Crystal cave and tomb of giants? The tree branch boss which I forget the name of where it is pure RNG. Everything up to and including Sens Fortress and Anor londo is so far ahead of that IMO and its where the game gets the praise for its clever interconnected level design, which goes away in the back half

Anyway fine to have that view i guess but imo its totally fair to form an opinion of the games from 10 hours, because the highest quality stuff is typically the first half/two thirds anyway. I've never really heard someone say before they prefer the latter half, unless its DSII.

The last third of DS 1 is almost universally panned. This is one of Blakey's Hot Takes again, I see.

Anyway, glad to see you're enjoying this @mfnick I've considered this (and/or Ghost of Tsushima) for a while lately. But I've got too many games still sitting in the plastic as it is, at the moment.

I watched a Tenchu retrospective that give me the itch for this kind of game again. Which is closer to that series, in terms of stealth/ninja based gameplay? This or GoT?

Haha no worries. Interesting to read. 

@OCHIve recently bought GoT but not played it yet. However I’ve definitely been getting very strong Tenchu vibes from this. You can play it really stealthily and the grappling to building roofs is exactly as my memory of Tenchu makes it out to be. The environments are pretty similar obviously due to location and timelines too. This has wide open areas with multiple paths but is still linear like Tenchu so you can better learn and use the environment whereas GoT is open world so think this has got that going for it as well. 

Speaking of the grapple, I just have to say how great it feels dashing between grapple points. As does jumping down, slicing into someone’s throat & then grappling out before anyone’s the wiser to set up my next target. Looks great too.