passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

WATCH_DOGS

AndyKurosaki

• 2 weeks later...

Ive started this now. Me. I have.

I like it, it's a massive time sink and it's good fun. I think the problem with is is that despite the 'hacking' hook it just feels like every other sandbox game.

It does look lovely on the PS4 though.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting in to this a bit more. Finished Act 1, starting to care a little more about the story, that's helping me want to play it. I'll have a good old fiddle with it tonight I rekon. Then I'll play Watch_Dogs!! Yeth!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I've had this sitting in my pile of shame for ages (thanks to Regemond giving me his copy) but fired it up for the first time a few nights back thanks to Nag and Blakey mentioning it in one of the other threads. Really impressed by the opening but it felt a bit overwhelming when first let loose in the free roam - no idea what all the icons meant. Still, persevered a bit and it clicked last night - it feels really smooth and solid to play, with great combat, and the hacking aspect is fun - fucking up people in a car chase by raising bollards is fantastic!

Also did a few online bits - had some awesome moments hacking someone then staying hidden in a parked car as they ran around like a headless chicken trying to find me. Genuinely tense, and had some excellent car chases when discovered.

Did a gang hide out as well that was quite challenging, but again, really fun - luring a pack together then hacking someone with explosives just to watch them die was great. I felt like some 21st century ninja edging my way through a car park taking people out.

My only niggle so far is the psychic cops, that no exactly where you are without any searching - post GTAV that seems a bit archaic. Still - not enough to mar the experience so far.

Playing this as actually boosted my interest in The Division - definitely checking out the beta!

I started to warm to him near the end of the game. Still had no personality, but he at least had a couple of interesting moments.

The whole game for me was one I played because I had nothing else, it was just a 'meh, I'll stick it on for a bit'. It felt like the modern day parts of Ass Creed expanded, without the parkour side of things. There was enough there to make me excited for the sequel though, so I'm looking forward to seeing what Ubisoft can come up with.

OOO! Do you think it'll have towers that you have to climb to unlock the map??? They haven't done much with that idea over the years!

• 4 years later...

Been having a run through this. I liked it when it came out and it still holds up pretty well if you ask me. With one caveat. 

I think I'm a bit done with these open world games, for a while at least. There's just too much needless fucking around simply getting to the the start of missions. It's not as bad here as in GTA or the horrendous RDR2, but it's bad enough that I keep thinking how better this game would be if it were just a high tech stealth RPG like the superior Deus Ex.

Still a fine experience though, but I think I'll be giving the new one a miss for a good while, and Cyberpunk too, if that ops for the  open world drive around like a cunt for hours vibe...

Sorry mods. I searched for this and assumed it was in  'games'

Finished. Pretty good I thought, and a more focused effort than the sequel, which seemed to ramble a bit from what I can remember, and lacked some of the more fun elements of the first one.

I'm still not sure about the upcoming watch dogs legion. I like the franchise, but that ubi open world thing can be a total pisser.

That's on my (stupidly long) list. My main regret with moving over from PlayStation is the lack of insomniac goodness, especially with the new R+C being necessarily a PS5 exclusive. This game (and the fact that Spidey MM is cross gen) eased my passage...for want of a better expression.

Looking at the current game pass list I doubt I'll have to buy a game for years. It's great?