passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Fantasy Critic 2024

mmmark

Not to overshare but here's my thoughts for my picks:

Forsaken - all the heavy hitters had gone by the time it was my turn so it's a gamble.  Thinking it could surprise critics and bump the score.  Not expecting much more than 80 (Blakey's counter pick is odd to me because there are safer options)

Silksong - It must come out this year, right? Surely a shadow drop after a Direct and I'm pretty confident it'll review really well.

MH Sunbreak - Easy points.  MH games always get critical acclaim.

STALKER 2 - Actually really unsure about this.  If I someone else picked it I may have counter picked.  Surprised no-one did.  But if it meets the date it should pay off.

KOF15 - Kind of ran out of ideas and it's soon for points on the board and should be solid.

CP Forza - I dunno man, I kinda regret it the more I think about it but my gut says not this year.

It's funny because if Blakey hadn't gone with Forsaken as his counter pick it would've been my first choice... we'll see if it was a bullet dodged.

My picks...

Horizon Forbidden West - pretty obvious pick really, I'm expecting nothing less than high 80's

Dying Light 2 Stay Human - I'm hoping the delays don't mean they've buggered this up... first game was great so I'm hoping this follows suit.

A Plague Tale Requiem  - again the first game did well so I've high hopes for this, just hope with no solid release date given it does hit this year.

Trek to Yomi - this is probably my dark horse, I've seen this named on sites as their most wanted, I liked the trailer so fingers crossed.

Somerville  - I only know this has something to do with the guy who did Limbo and Inside so we'll see with this... if it even hits this year.

CP Marvel's Midnight Suns - A game that really could go either way or even get another delay fingers crossed.

Mine 

GT7 - yea it’s probably not going to be a 90+ These days but I can’t see a world where this doesn’t get at least 80. 

Starfield - Lots of potential here but even if it’s not met there’s so much hype around this its bound to score well even if ends up being rubbish. 

Olli Olli World - The previous ones are very highly regarded and all talk I’ve heard about this has been nothing but glowing. 

Redfall - Arkane and online co-op. Both things critics jizz over, can only score well. If it releases this year that is. My only concern with this one. 

Ghostwrite Tokyo - This is more personal, just hopeful thinking more than a head choice. I think it looks brill from what we’ve seen so far, so just want it to be good.  

CP - FF Origins. The demo response basically decided this. I personally like the look of it. 

Sorry, more questions. I don’t find the FAQ very helpful at all.

With regards to bidding. We all appear to have 6 empty slots after our last draft. Would the game we win in bidding go there or do you have to drop one of your existing games? 

The games you win by bidding will take those spots @mfnick so you can go up to eleven games max.

Looks like you have to bid on your second counter pick too... and it's minus 15 points if you leave it blank by the end of the year.

• mmmark changed the title to Fantasy Critic 2024