passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

PlayStation Classic Console

regemond

Not too bothered about the thumb sticks. Can remember they weren't really utilised very well with only a handful I'd call necessary. 

I'd be interested if it has the games I loved. I mean I have them already on the original machine, and some probably digitally somewhere. Always nice to have a neat little package tho. 

Three Resi's, Dino Crisis 1/2, MGS, Twisted Metal World Tour, FF's, Jumping Flash, Tekken 3 are some that jump to mind. 

Ahhh. Good times ?

I hate to be the Debbie Downer of the forum, but the more I'm thinking about this, the less excited I'm getting over it.

So things like Tony Hawk are out - licensing means there's no way they'd get the game, and even if they did it wouldn't have the soundtrack. Which is half the experience for THPS.

Like I said the other day, light gun games are out.

Ape Escape is out, so is Medievil - pretty much all DS games tbh, but they're the two that come to mind, and ones you'd expect on a collection like this.

I assume one of the Gran Turismos will be in, but if they put GT2 in it'll be hamstrung because the controller isn't a DualShock.

No WWF games (fuck you all, Smackdown was awesome).

Probably no Tomb Raider - even if it was a Saturn game first, TR was a PlayStation series and you all know it, but I just can't see them putting it in.

As awesome as the PS1 catalogue is, I just feel like they're going to put some shitty titles in there to try and make up for big omissions. Which isn't something you can do when there's only 20 games on it (Nintendo are guilty of this with the NES and SNES mini too).

Anyway, back to normal service now, you can all be excited again!

• 1 month later...

That’s not a terrible list but no-one’s ever gonna be satisfied with whatever 20 games are included.

Not for me though. I’d rather Hogs of War, Bishi Bashi Special, Tony Hawks. Maybe even Music 2000 which I made an entire album using.

The Japanese one looks marginally more interesting due to including some Schmups which do age better.

What it looks like to me is they tried to curate a list of games that span the PS1's life-cycle rather than putting on the best games for the system, I suppose to represent the console as a whole.  Like, having Destruction Derby and not it's sequel is certainly something.  From what I remember the sequel is much better.

I'd be interested in something like this if it was full of oddball PS1 games as there was some cool and weird stuff on the PS1 but it isn't a sensible business decision to do that.

it's a weird mix of games, I wasn't expecting stuff like Mr Driller on there. In fact there's a couple of games I don't really associate with the PS1, nor do I think people were begging for Persona 1. Cool that it's not just the same stuff everyone's played a hundred times, but you've still got the likes of Tekken, Resident Evil etc

• 1 month later...