passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Starfield

DisturbedSwan

I put an hour into it and it ran at like 60 at 4k, it's very demanding on the GPU side. That said, it looks really good. I picked 'chef' as the class for my character, and gave him traits that make him introverted, addicted to jumping and a bounty on his head. You know, a backstory that just makes a lot of sense and leads to immersive role playing outcomes involving jumping over bounty hunters and trying to avoid social situations so you can cook some weird alien dishes and eat them alone in space

I'll make a thread over the weekend I guess

I've also decided to enter the Hall of Hypocrisy and bought the 30 bucks 'early access no backbone at all edition' upgrade. I stand by my principles in other fields in life, let me be weak where it doesn't matter.

Anyway, first three hours are really meh, I'll wait for dwarf's topic and post more then. Runs fine on Xbox as well btw., just as a heads-up.

I mean, feel free to create that thread. I'm not trying to lay ownership on it or anything, share the 'meh' impressions of the Digital Dickhead edition as you've played more than I have at this point

To keep the thread news related then I guess I will share the Digital Foundry writeup on the Xbox version. They also say it's good

https://www.eurogamer.net/starfield-launches-as-a-polished-consistent-experience-on-xbox-series-x-and-series-s

Out of interest, how do people play their Bethesda games... first or third person?

Skyrim and Fallout 3/4 I played in first person but I'm thinking I might play this in a Gears of War style.

This has apparently been responsible for a 1000% boost in Xbox Series X sales on US Amazon... obviously I don't know how low those numbers were to begin with but thats a decent rise in numbers.