passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

EA E3 2018

Hendo

fe979a10-232f-4591-8cfb-eaff06e75089

Works out quite well for me, home, food, watch a stream.

One of the least exciting shows for me, but will be interesting if they even bring up the loot box problem or what they can do to replace it.

13 minutes ago, Hendo said:

No lootboxes in Anthem, you pay for cosmetics and you know what you’re buying.

It’s certainly very Destiny.

it looks like a slow, plodding Destiny. A Slow Plodding Destiny, like making Destiny slower ?

Andrea Renee used to be on Weekend Confirmed (Garnett Lee's last podcast). She was decent on it when it was a thing she knew about, she was a big Gears fan from what I remember. Glad she's got a job but I think any pretense of her being a journalist has gone ? 

Did I miss gameplay from Sea of Solitude? I never got around to Unravel, if I had Unravel 2 might look more interesting, but it's an early level to show I guess.

Not a great conference, or at least not one that had a lot for me, but that's always the way with EA

Pretty mediocre presser really, especially as I knew 1 of the two announcements (feels good to finally be able to say I've played and finished Unravel 2 earlier this year), the best thing out of it was probably SOS and Origin Access Premier, depends on what the price is but I have a feeling it's going to be a great deal, even if it ends up being £80 a year that's still a great deal with all the games you're getting included with it.

The mobile bit was godawful and I went for a piss as soon as it went up on screen, Anthem just does nothing for me, still looks like a super generic focus tested Destiny clone to me. The Champs League FIFA announcement trailer was cool with the anthem mixed in there, love that song. Shame we didn't get the see BFV gameplay, seems an odd decision to me.

Nothing much else to say really, I'd probably give it 5/10.

I dunno if Sea of Solitude would be cathartic like a sad song or actually drive me to kill myself.

Did anyone else find it a bit tone deaf in that Command and Conquer Rivals CGI trailer when the dude ordered a massive barrage of missiles on the other troops then double fist-bumped when they exploded?

I dunno, it just made me raise an eyebrow.