passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jimboxy

28 minutes ago, OCH said:

Lastly, the idea that the same people, regardless of success, will remain to helm any film series into the distant future is naive. Actors price themselves out of roles, directors and writers move on to other projects. That is how the movie industry works. The Dark Knight made $1 Billion, the next film was Nolan and Bale's last Batman film.

Wasn't the point made tho where you quoted. More that those up to now have been spot on. Sure someone else could fill the role of Iron-Man or Cap if they were continued. Could be absolutely dire in the role and ruin the mood for people. 

Up to now it's been good. People were cast well, they stayed in the roles, and the story has knitted together. Really good direction and management of all these people. 

Part of me tho does think a bolt will come lose. This perfect mixture bubble a bit. 

Bah! Don't listen to this naysayer ?

23 minutes ago, ThreeFour said:

Wasn't the point made tho where you quoted. More that those up to now have been spot on. Sure someone else could fill the role of Iron-Man or Cap if they were continued. Could be absolutely dire in the role and ruin the mood for people. 

Up to now it's been good. People were cast well, they stayed in the roles, and the story has knitted together. Really good direction and management of all these people. 

Part of me tho does think a bolt will come lose. This perfect mixture bubble a bit. 

Bah! Don't listen to this naysayer ?

The keyword you skipped over in the quote "helm". Actors come and go, Blakey seemed to think those behind the scenes will stay forever as long as the MCU continues to be successful. That isn't how it works.

I said as long as Kevin Feige and the brain trust behind the scenes stayed the same there’s no reason to worry. I know how films work obviously ? and therefore know directors, writers and actors etc. Change all the time. I meant the production team behind the scenes has remained the same from 2008 until

present. 

Feige has been the Producer on every MCU film so far since Iron-Man in 2008 and has been the President of Marvel Studios since 2007. He’s only 45 so as long as he keeps wanting to do it there’s no reason why he’d suddenly up and leave.

@OCH

@OCHNo it just wasn't relevant to what I was saying where you quoted. 

To carry on your tangent tho, the key thing here is that what you say is true, this MCU has had consistency. Over 11 years. No reboots on reboots or actors jumping in and out. It's what's helped people nurture their attachments, watch the story and world grow larger. Not revisit the same beginnings. 

What we have here now is a new phase. With arguably two of its leaders from the last 11 years put to pasture. I'm keen to see what they do but I've reservations. That's why I'm less bothered about Black Panther/Captain Marvel 2 and more into the other teams ?

5 minutes ago, ThreeFour said:

@OCHNo it just wasn't relevant to what I was saying where you quoted. 

To carry on your tangent tho, the key thing here is that what you say is true, this MCU has had consistency. Over 11 years. No reboots on reboots or actors jumping in and out. It's what's helped people nurture their attachments, watch the story and world grow larger. Not revisit the same beginnings. 

What we have here now is a new phase. With arguably two of its leaders from the last 11 years put to pasture. I'm keen to see what they do but I've reservations. That's why I'm less bothered about Black Panther/Captain Marvel 2 and more into the other teams ?

Captain Marvel is supposed to be being set up as the next Iron Man. I think that’s why she gets to do really cool stuff in Endgame so the audience is really impressed with her, but also why they didn’t use her a lot because all of her Endgame scenes were shot before her solo movie. They were like “We want people to think she’s cool, and for her to be the leader of our universe, but even we don’t really know who she is yet”

Sowing the seeds for the Next wave of new characters...

Spoiler

Why do you think they specifically aged Scott Lang's daughter five years...

5e6276c81c6c90d7a66a681fd834a6f4.jpg

Who does she become in the comics, after all?

EDIT:

1530108992-stature.jpg?resize=480:*

Who does she [actually] become in the comics, after all?

Scott Lang’s daughter is Cassie and becomes Stature of the Young Avengers. You’re thinking of Kate Bishop and she isn’t tied to anybody in terms of parentage as far as I am aware. 

Also there’s sowing the seeds and some guy just standing there who nearly no one recognised

Maybe I’m biased because I thought of it but I think Tony Stark becoming Kang from an alternate time line where Dr Strange gave Tony the Time Stone is a really great if deeply unsatisfying idea. People would hate that so much.

Oh that's right. I'm getting my Young Avengers mixed up...?

But you know what they are like for planting seeds in these films. That kid from Iron Man 3 wasn't brought back, let alone highlighted in a fixed shot, apart from the rest of the cast, for a visual cameo no one would care about. This Iron Lad wouldn't really need to even tie into Kang, merely be a legacy character for Stark.

3 hours ago, Blakey said:

Funny you should say that. I’m not willing to financially support Pepsi and Coke anymore as they’ve got a duopoly on the soft drink market.

Neither am I willing to financially support Andrex anymore as Kimberly-Clark have a monopoly on the toilet roll industry. 

Neither am I willing to fly on a Plane because Airbus and Boeing have a duopoly on the passenger aircraft industry.

?????

Reveal hidden contents

Just because you have absolutely no backbone and jump at the chance to throw money at any kind of entertainment form that can even remotely be considered 'hype' by the definitions of the world wide web doesn't mean other people can't have a different consumer approach and maybe adopt the 'vote with their wallet' idea when they're faced with company policies they don't agree with on certain or multiple levels.

Also apples and oranges with those comparisons.

Just think it’s very silly you object to one corporation but turn a blind eye to all others @Maryokutai is all. Why stop at only boycotting Disney? Why not boycott Warner Bros. Or Universal too? 

A lot of people that boycott Disney are misogynistic arseholes that get triggered by seeing a women or person of colour in their Star Wars movies or Brie Larson’s feminism. Not a great club to be in ?

Also if they’re going to do Young Avengers they shouldn’t because for the most part all them characters are lame. Instead they should do Champions and the team should look like this 

Spoiler

large-5098013.jpg?1553451813

miles-morales-ultimate-spider-man-no-1-s

Cwx9FSAWEAUtZIf.jpg:large

nova_sam_alexander_by_cromhailstorm_d82r

264x23_com_crd_01.jpg

C8DfGT_XkAEOdeF.jpg

lockjaw-teleport.jpg

As well as voting with your wallet, be sure to vote for more regulation on capitalism, because that is the root and Disney are the result.

But in the meantime enjoy the works they give to creative's they spend money on.

That's my problematic take.

32 minutes ago, Blakey said:

Why stop at only boycotting Disney? Why not boycott Warner Bros. Or Universal too? 

Matter of fact I'm not buying any Warner games because their handling of DLC and microtransactions makes EA look like a benevolent indie publisher. But their movie division, like Universal's, doesn't seem as focused on just gobbling up market shares as Disney is. They certainly didn't buy Fox for example. Or tried to screw over theatres. Unless I missed those stories, which is certainly possible. 

Also I don't care at all why other people are boycotting Disney. I have my own reasons and am not part of any club.

10 minutes ago, DifferentClass said:

As well as voting with your wallet, be sure to vote for more regulation on capitalism, because that is the root and Disney are the result.

Neither my boycott nor voting against it changes anything in the end. It's just for my personal peace of mind.