passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jimboxy

I fucking love a bit of Mads.

I also adore the Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange, they actually delayed the movie 6 months or something just so he could do it as it clashed with a play he was doing in the West End.

Johansson as Black Widow is perfect for me as well. These characters have been portrayed by these actors for so long now that I really can't imagine them being played by anyone else, they've all absolutely nailed their roles for the last x number of years in my view.

6 hours ago, DifferentClass said:

I don't mind Cumberbatch as Strange but I think it is the weakest casting.  I really would have preferred Keeanu Reeves which I believe it nearly was.

Also, Emily Blunt was supposed to be Black Widow but couldn't due to a clash with Gulliver's Travels with Jack Black (oof).

Joaquin Phoenix was first choice for Strange, if I recall. Yet he turned it down [reportedly] because he didn't want to be tied into sequels. Years later he is set to star as one of the most famous/iconic villains in comics, or otherwise...

Just seen Endgame, I really enjoyed it. 

Spoiler

Fat Thor got a big laugh.

It was awesome seeing Thor rock Mjoliner and Stormbreaker simultaneously. And for Cap to be worthy enough to use Mjoliner. And the fuck you “i’m Iron Man” snap at the end. Which immediately made you realise “oh, that means Tony’s boned now”.

1 hour ago, Maf said:

Wasn’t Mads mixbrkznrks or whatever the bad guy in Dr Strange? 

Yep.

I still want him as Doom though. Stick a mask on him and don’t show his face. Sorted. 

Ok, as NO ONE has brought this up? Let's talk about Red Skull...

Spoiler

So first time, when they were pairing up to get the stones, I was thinking "They have to be sending Cap to confront Red Skull?" ...That didn't happen.

Then, to return the Soul Stone, Cap would have had to directly meet the Red Skull on the return trip and they still didn't show it? 

Considering how self referential the entire film was, this seemed such a tremendous oversight...

7 minutes ago, RikSP said:

Yep.

I still want him as Doom though. Stick a mask on him and don’t show his face. Sorted. 

As much as I'd want that, the first thing that came to mind was Christoph Waltz as Blofeld. Dream casting and they managed to fuck it up...

Saw Endgame this morning, as a fan I really enjoyed it, but as a film it wasn't as good as Infinity War or some of the more recent films. All that being said, three hours zips by and I think it managed to deliver on everything.

Might go and see it again tomorrow night as well.

12 minutes ago, Maf said:

Hmm...if I had to be fair I would say it is one Turok Evolution better than Turok 2. Which is like 13 Turok Rage Wars for a simple comparison 

tenor.gif?itemid=10560429

Ok, so. My turn tonight. After, what - 22films 11 years, we finally get a conclusion to this monumentous task. So many characters to juggle, screen time to balance and a story to wrap up. 

Obviously I can garner from reactions it pretty much nails it. Kinda sad in a way. I can only hope that whatever happens it opens up more possibilities for the studio. Now they've got the rights to FF and X-Men. Be amazing if they allude to that :toss:

8 1/2 hrs to go ?

Marvel-ous! ?

Overall it's a lot to take in. It's 9 Turok 2's for sure. The emotional depth and characters having their screen time. The whole balancing act. Great stuff. I need more viewings as I'm sure I've missed little treats for fans etc. 

They nailed it. Brilliant end to the saga. 

Spoiler

That end fight. Oh my word. Landmark. That's the tip of silver screen comic book fight scene for me. People coming in, and they kept coming, fuck yeah. I did all not to throw my popcorn at the screen n yell 'bring it Thanos!' ?

Lots of cool bits. Nice touches. Will it be in my favourites? I reckon so. The fact it has a finality to it will probably put it above IW. I like my closures. Sat watching the credits just thinking back to those set of films. 

I'm gonna buy the full set collection and play these films to death. My kids will be sick of em. "Back in my day these were epic films kiddies" ?

Feels so sad it's kinda come to an end in some respects. Dunno how they're gonna top this. 

I can go on yapping all day about what I've just seen but I need sleep. I'll pull what I can remember for tomorrow ?

I think Infinity War definitely had closure. I know it is a continuation of the story, but it doesn’t feel like IW part 2 to me. It was like there was the first mission, and they lost, and it was over. And now here is the new mission. 

I know what you mean by closure but just to everyone who thought it was IW part 2. I really don’t think so.

The end fight scene really is the fight scene to end all fight scenes. If you are a fan of the Marvel films, that is the thing that I’ve been dreaming of since it was first shown as a possibility. 

Spoiler

Corny as it is, everyone coming through the portals and to hear “Avengers Assemble” is the peak moment in the entire Marvel pantheon of films to me. Even if it is not the best movie that is the single best moment, I think. Finally, the entirety of the Marvel Universe in one place fighting side by side for the fate of everything. What dreams are made of. The 2nd most emotional moment for me just behind “I’ll buy you all the cheese burgers you want”. Different emotions are triggered, I guess, but still. 

The only thing they do wrong is have Cap hold the hammer. I get it. It’s so it’s more feasible for him to fight Thanos, you get to show him still get beat to see how hopeless the situation is and yada, yada. But it’s like they’re saying Cap isn’t special enough on his own. I wish they didn’t do that. 

But yes, awesome film all told.