passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jimboxy

To be honest, I just can't see it being this subversive edgy thing that the original was. Like it's hard to see how that aligns with their 4 quadrant focus tested stuff

At the same time though, I guess that the MCU is in a position where not taking a risk is itself a risk, and with no other films out this year it's exactly the kinda thing that would regenerate interest in the property, even if not necessarily the whole connected universe thing. 

edit you'd wonder with the 4th wall breaking meta aspect will be film indirectly be about a rehabilitation of what these films are, and is Deadpool a sort of multiverse janitor to sort out the shitty bits that are losing audiences. That would be an interesting angle, 'Marvel Jesus'

I liked the previous 2 Deadpool films but I definitely wasn’t in to them the same way other people were

I’m already more excited for this than the previous 2 put together. It’s not even the Wolverine part, I just want Deadpool to stay the same way he has been in the previous films (which it really looks like that) and just shove him straight in to the MCU.

There’s just so much potential for his bullshit now.

Interesting to only address the TVA and Wolverine in the first trailer. Not a recognisable villain (aside from Pyro) or the other "rumoured" guest stars.

8 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

edit you'd wonder with the 4th wall breaking meta aspect will be film indirectly be about a rehabilitation of what these films are, and is Deadpool a sort of multiverse janitor to sort out the shitty bits that are losing audiences. That would be an interesting angle, 'Marvel Jesus'

I don’t know if he’s clearing up the shitty bits, but rewatching the trailer the snowy forest bit does look like the beginning of Age of Ultron, and the TVA are there so maybe Deadpool drags Wolverine around MCU history or something?

Maybe it’s sort of like the 2nd act of Avengers Endgame where the Avengers revisit bits from previous films. But where as that felt like an over extended pat on the back/victor lap, maybe Deadpool is just fucking around in different MCU films and doing things “in the background” which changes context for some events. Unlike Endgame where it was ‘serious’ Deadpool is just a fuck up and taking the piss. Maybe that’s why he says he’s Marvel Jesus

Or maybe it’s just a snowy forest, I dunno. 

The action already looks so much better in this film

9 hours ago, Maf said:

I don’t know if he’s clearing up the shitty bits, but rewatching the trailer the snowy forest bit does look like the beginning of Age of Ultron, and the TVA are there so maybe Deadpool drags Wolverine around MCU history or something?

Maybe it’s sort of like the 2nd act of Avengers Endgame where the Avengers revisit bits from previous films. But where as that felt like an over extended pat on the back/victor lap, maybe Deadpool is just fucking around in different MCU films and doing things “in the background” which changes context for some events. Unlike Endgame where it was ‘serious’ Deadpool is just a fuck up and taking the piss. Maybe that’s why he says he’s Marvel Jesus

Or maybe it’s just a snowy forest, I dunno. 

The action already looks so much better in this film

I think this is probably about right. The scene where he gets punched through a wall into something, is the 20th Century Fox logo. I imagine they'll be hoping about between all the Marvel stuff they've done so far, super meta, probably too much so

I guess I'm looking forward to this? I liked the other two Deadpool films, but also find them a bit try hard as well, and worry that this will just amp up the try hard stuff beyond my tolerance, we'll see though

1 thing I really like about the Deadpool films is that Deadpool has the mask on for so much of the film. It makes me believe Ryan Reynolds when he says he loves playing this character. And because of that he seems to not mind having the mask on all the time. How many comic book films where the mask always comes off is always a shame to me (and it does in Deadpool too, but less so)

I respect that. And it reminds me of the discussion lately around the Halo TV series where people are saying Chief’s Helmet is he’s face - same with comic book characters. Spider-Man’s mask is what Spider-Man looks like, it’s not Tom Holland. And I think the Deadpool movies not only get that, but love actually showing Deadpool - if that makes sense

This trailer broke records, apparently. That's as sure a sign as anything I'd say as to the star power of a Reynolds and Jackman teamup.

There was a thing years ago where Anthony Mackie was lamenting that these films don't create movie stars, that it's about the characters. Wonder though if there's a shift where the movie stars are what's needed to carry audiences in again.

Meanwhile,

FF.jpg

Happy Valentine’s Day from Marvel’s First Family! Pedro Pascal, Vanessa Kirby, Ebon Moss-Bachrach, and Joseph Quinn are The Fantastic Four.

Marvel Studios' #TheFantasticFour, in theaters July 25, 2025.

Wonder why they didn't keep Krasinski, I think he actually looked the part. His scenes were dumb, sure, but that's a writer problem.

The more important casting choice for this will be Dr. Doom though. At least I suppose this will be the movie that'll introduce him?

13 minutes ago, Maryokutai said:

The more important casting choice for this will be Dr. Doom though.

The reaction to the announced cast has been near overwhelmingly positive. However, his casting is the question that has immediately followed all praise.

He's kind of the make-or-break character for this, especially if they want to re-use him in other MCU stuff going forward. Anything less than 'Patrick Stewart as Xavier' levels of basically perfect will be a disappointment I think. Especially as it'll mostly be about the voice.

52 minutes ago, Jimbo Xiii said:

He played Magneto dude

🤣🤣🤣 my guy

The big rumour is Doom will take over as the big bad guy for Kang. I don’t know if there’s any credibility to that theory at all but if they do then it becomes even more important to get the casting right

But also Galactus, baby. I think we’re going to get the real deal this time 

main-qimg-0803c954eaaca34747b954236000f2

1 hour ago, Maf said:

But also Galactus, baby. I think we’re going to get the real deal this time 

It will help this time that, regardless of what people thought of their feature films. The Celestials, Ego and Eternity have all been established. So Galactus won't be judged as "too silly" to be depicted with his original design.