passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jimboxy

Can't really disagree with either of you there (other than Ragnarok was fucking fantastic!) on Love & Thunder, a really weird film that does seem to go so hard in on the comedy that other aspects of the film got a bit forgotten about, like Nick I don't think it's bad or anything but it's definitely average or a little better than average and not up there in the upper echelons of the great MCU films/shows. 

She-Hulk Ep. 4 was fucking brilliant though. Really feels like its finding its feet now as this cheesy, funny, lawyer show. 

Spoiler

Wongers

was fucking hilarious throughout and the post-credit scene is just so funny.

She-Hulk  Episode 4

I'm liking this less and less as it goes on. I thought last week's episode was the worst so far. This isn't much better. I'll stick with it for the last few episodes but I'm struggling with this series more than any other MCU show to date. 6/10

9 minutes ago, Maf said:

Is that Man-Thing? 

I thought so. I do remember reading somewhere recently that Marvel reacquired his rights from Universal. It makes sense for him to appear/debut in WBN.

The Thunderbolts team 

a31582885150e4f4a02263dbc0932bb4.jpg

I can't believe the bad guy from Ant-Man 2 is coming back. She must have been shocked to get that phone call, she's the most forgettable Marvel villain in all 30 films or however many it is 

Before I said this was Marvel's Suicide Squad but looking at the team this is like Marvel's replacement Guardians of the Galaxy mixed with Marvel's Suicide Squad. 

I guess I've never thought about who would be in the MCU's Thunderbolts, and seeing that team does make sense, but I think I just expected something different.  They're all quite similar characters, or have similar drives.  I guess I just don't see much interesting conflict.

In terms of conflict they’ve all tried to kill each other except for Ghost, I think. 

Sounds like the MCU part of D23 was a bit of a bust overall. People were expecting the cast of Fantastic Four, X-Men, Deadpool. Instead they got some logos for things already announced, stars on stage who do the usual of waving and not saying anything then a picture of the Thunderbolts.

The biggest thing was a trailer for Captain Marvel 2 but I don’t think they’re releasing that to the public.

As far as I can tell, going off speculation to reality, sounds like people are a bit disappointed. More cracks in the unbreakable Marvel machine. This is a fan event, this should have been easy. 

Wierdly I think the only new thing I heard that got me excited is The Leader is coming back for Captain America 4, and it’s played by the same guy from the (underrated) Hulk movie 14 years ago.

6 hours ago, Maf said:

The biggest thing was a trailer for Captain Marvel 2 but I don’t think they’re releasing that to the public.

At this point, this is all I want to see with regards to that...

xmen-ms.gif

I think it just adds to the general conversation of being underwhelmed by Marvel since Endgame. The movies have been good but not great, and the shows have been middling and only sometimes good, and that's left people underwhelmed. Then all this hope for the future Marvel stuff and it's like "Here's a picture of the Thunderbolts". 

I sort of respect the top Marvel bosses for sticking with this plan they had and trying to shoulder D+ at the same time. But I think it's safe to say they need to start fast tracking X-Men and quick. 

The consensus I'm reading is people are thinking of the current output as placeholders before the MCU "kicks back into gear" with the FF and X-Men. They are growing impatient at the wait and offerings in the meantime.

I just think people are being a bit melodramatic is all, even way before Phase 4 there were folks on here going 'what will they do after endgame?!' 'it'll not be the same after endgame!' etc. Like some folks didn't want to give anything a chance after Endgame is over and by disliking stuff that's come out it's validating that view rather than going in with an open mind.

Also I have a bit of a struggle with 'the conversation' when a lot of the conversation is man babies crying about women being prominent in the MCU. So it's difficult to know if joe bloggs average MCU film-goer feels this way or it's just a loud minority on the internet who are pushing a narrative that 'everything's shit now! They've ruined the MCU!' etc.

I also think a lot of folks, (particularly angry YouTuber types whose outrage gets the views and clicks) aren't patient whatsoever and also don't have great memories because some Phases before Endgame also had some duds as well but these folks don't remember that of course.  

I'm not sure there's any really evidence (aside from online whiners) people are getting fed up either, these films are still making ridiculous amounts of money, people are still going to the cinema to see them and a lot of them are still getting great reviews from critics. 

For me, screw X-Men and FF, I'm super hyped for what's on the slate for next year and beyond, seeing what havoc Kang can wreak going into Phases 5 and 6 with Secret Wars at the end of it, how can you not be hyped for that? Also, I can guarantee Wakanda Forever is going to be a huge hit at the cinema and with critics.

For me, Phase 4 has also been a little disappointing but as I said previously, not every previous phase was banger after banger either. I agree the TV shows have been the most disappointing aspect but there has still been some great movies and tv shows put out like Shang Chi, Wandavision etc. I'm personally really enjoying She-Hulk too. 

I think folks are just disappointed the MCU is now different and doesn't have old favourites like Iron Man, Cap etc. in it more than anything. They're getting all these new characters, some of which they don't care about or are women (WOMEN!!!!!)

Spoiler

/s

which causes them to lose interest. 

12 hours ago, mfnick said:

Just found out Secret Invasion is a series and not a film? Cant explain why, but I’m really gutted by that news. 

giphy.gif