passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

LawBreakers

HandsomeDead

So this was announced at E3 in 2016 and is being worked on by legendary game designer / fuck boy Cliffy B.

I guess since there is literally no mention of it on this forum no one is interested? Or just passed them by?

Looks cool to me since the only competitive shooters I've played for over a year are Overwatch and Titanfall 2, and this looks like a mix of those with a splash of Unreal Tournament.  It suits my current man shooting sensibilities so I'm interested.

I was reminded of it because of this write up - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-08-02-does-lawbreakers-have-what-it-takes-to-compete-with-the-big-guns

It's out in a week for under £25. Anyone else?  I'm not certain I will.  Just got Splatoon 2 and Destiny 2 is out soon but I am very tempted.

Looks like this may of mega bomba'd :(

Despite getting decent reviews, gravity-bending FPS LawBreakers is struggling to keep an active player base just days after release. It failed to launch within the top 100 games on Steam, and even Battleborn, the poster child of launch flops, had higher player numbers at this point in its life.

While desperately trying to find a match, read up on all the roles, weapons and abilities in Lawbreakers.

According to GITHYP, the final release for LawBreakers saw a whopping 60% reduction over its initial beta player count. Launch night saw only a peak of 3k players, which is pretty bad when compared to Battleborn’s 12k.

Unfortunately it doesn’t look like it was just a rough start, as since then the numbers have only gone down. Daily lows are already dropping to below 1,000 players, and the peaks are also going down as the days go by. Tuesday, the day after launch, saw a reduction of 300 people, giving a peak of only 2.7k.

For most players, this might not be too big of an issue in the short-term, as 1,000 is more than enough to find at least one match going at any given moment. In the long-term, though, it doesn’t bode well for continued support, as that number is almost definitely going to fall even lower without some major work from developers Boss Key.

Considering Battleborn performed better than LawBreakers and still went free-to-play, maybe the future for Boss Key’s shooter is already set in stone? After all, the game was initially meant to be free-to-play before an early change to being a premium title.

I see a lot about it on Twitter but ignore it mainly. It looked interesting early on but OW established itself quite early on in this space so its tricky for them now. Id probably watch it being streamed, as some of the stuff you are capable of in it looks fun, but I think it would frustrate me a little bit to play, like @ThreeFour said, perhaps a bit too frenetic.

Man, this is lame.  I was still thinking of picking this up later but with such a lacking player base a no cross platform play it really won't be worth it.

Has it been a game people want to fail since that has been reported in such a way?  Like I saw Eurogamer put up a really early video urging people to not buy it because of a bug that caused some lag but they were a lot more keen to report on the bug than the fix that came less than 24 hours later.  At least they seemed a lot more keen than I've seen with other games with similar issues.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be reported on and we shouldn't be seeing games launch with stuff like that but still... bit weird is all.

• 10 months later...