passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Star Wars Battlefront 2

DisturbedSwan

Already confirmed they're doing a Campaign for this, Kim Swift (Portal) and Jade Raymond's (Ass Creed) new studio 'Motive' are developing it with help from Criterion and DICE.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/02/01/star-wars-battlefront-2-single-player-mode/

Our next Star Wars Battlefront will be even bigger, taking players into more locations, and allowing them to play with more heroes and characters across multiple Star Wars eras. There will be new ways to play, including an all-new single player campaign, and much, much more that we're excited to share with our players in the months ahead. To build a game of this magnitude, we've brought together three great studios -- DICE, Motive, and Criterion -- and aligned their areas of expertise to deliver an amazing experience in the next Star Wars Battlefront.

I was always gonna be there Day 1 as I'm such a big Star Wars fan, but the addition of a Campaign makes me even more hyped for it.

I liked the first EA one a couple years ago but there's definitely room for improvement.

I hope they don't put out another £40 season pass this time around though.

People DO care about star wars you cunt, and im going to neg you because I hate you. I love star wars.

Now thats out of the way, im going to very cautiously approach the hype train for this one before probably getting on board when solid info is released.

Im not looking forward to the inevitable withheld content that im going to be asked to buy a season pass for but I would really like a nice single player star wars game and there is a small chance I might get it with this game. Worst case scenario I wait for the price plummet and then play some star wars themed multiplayer game with nicey music and stuff.

EDIT: forgot to neg after all that, now I cant bring myself to do it as my fury has died down and I cant go through with it in a clear mind.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Takes 40 hours to unlock a Hero

Hello again! Since EA and DICE have decided to move SWBF2 to a "credits earned based on time played" rather than the old system of awarding you based on score earned in a match, I thought I would do an analysis of my time spent playing the Galactic Assault mode during the EA Access period. Please note that credits earned in challenges are not factored in to these numbers.

While I was playing, I started a timer as soon as the match started and the opening shot pans down to my character. I stopped the timer on the Victory or Defeat screen. This spreadsheet and subsequent stats are based on minutes of actual gameplay, no loading times or time spent fuddling around in menus is factored in because many people are playing on many different machines and platforms.

Here is the spreadsheet for those of you that want to dive right in to what I have so far.

Here are some interesting stats I have found from my Galactic Assault matches so far (keep in mind these are the statistics at the time of writing up this post. I will continue to enter my matches as I play them so the exact values may change a bit):

Average Galactic Assault Match Length: 11:09

In my opinion this needs to increase by at least a factor of two, maybe more.

Average Credits per Match: 275

Far too low, we will get into that in a moment.

Average Credits per Minute of Gameplay: 25.04

At first it sounds reasonable...

Gameplay Minutes Required to Earn a Trooper Crate (4000): 159.73

Almost 3 hours of gameplay required to earn a trooper crate at the current rate. I understand these values don't include what you earn in challenges, but I am mainly doing this to figure out what it's going to be like after the first week and I am done chasing the easy challenges and start playing the way I enjoy. 3 hours is far, far too much of a time requirement.

Gameplay Minutes Required to Unlock One Hero: 2,395.97

You read that correctly. At the current price of 60,000 credits it will take you 40 hours of gameplay time to earn the right to unlock one hero or villain. That means 40 hours of saving each and every credit, no buying any crates at all, so no bonus credits from getting duplicates in crates.

The spreadsheet also includes estimates for the amount of time it will take to earn uncommon and rare cards based on the Gamespot crate opening statistics, but the drop rates have not been tested enough for me to include them there. But I do think it's scary that it could potentially take someone over 20 hours of gameplay to earn enough Crafting Parts to make an Epic tier Star Card.

All I can say is that I hope these numbers are just for EA Access. If these are the final numbers for release DICE is going to have a hard time justifying this to the fanbase.

If you have any questions or if I messed up my math in the spreadsheet somewhere, please let me know. I will continue to add more and more match stats as I play tonight.

Loot Box Prices revealed

Battlefront 2's premium currency is called Crystals, which can be purchased in the following amounts:

500: $5/£4

1000: $10/£8

2100: $20/£16

4400: $40/£32

12,000: $100/£80

There are three types of crates available for purchase, Hero, Starfighter, and Trooper, each more expensive than the last: As detailed by XfactorGaming, the Hero loot crates go for 100 Crystals or 2200 credits (credits are a separate in-game currency earned through gameplay), Starfighter crates are 120 Crystals or 2400 credits, and the Trooper crates are 200 Crystals or 4000 credits.

Included in the article is also a video of XfactorGaming who bought a big pack of Crystals and spent it all on loot boxes, getting himself right out of the gate a lvl 14 Interceptor which, in his words:

"We're absolutely mopping people up," he says in the video. "When you're rolling around with a level 14 interceptor and it takes people 150 percent more time to lock on because you've already got a blue three-point card, that's an absolute game-changer."