passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Persona 5

spatular

Think I'm up to around 34 hours now, beaten the third Palace and I'm in the "waiting for the change of heart" phase... I've enjoyed the game alot, definitely more than I was expecting to in any case. It's nice that my team has expanded in members now and I've unlocked a couple of Showtime moves (they had to get those jiggle physics in didn't they)... haven't been massively troubled with the battles so far, I think Kamoshida has been hardest up until now...

I'm going to have to drop the game for a while now though due to the upcoming releases in the next few months... although who knows, maybe I'll start jonesing for a few school days here and there and have to have a blast.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So 130 hours later Jokers job is done... I enjoyed this pretty much the entire way through. Maybe during the third semester I was feeling a little burnt out but that was mainly down to me playing this almost exclusively for around two weeks.

I think the palaces and Momentos (fighting basically) were probably the weakest part of the game for me, it's all about the connections made between friends and the stories that go with those that leave the longest memories with a game like this.

After thinking that Persona 4 Golden wasn't all that I reckon that this game has put me firmly in the "buy Persona 6 day one" category... thank you Game Pass.

• 1 year later...

So humbling to read this thread. I am 3 hours in to this, my first ever Persona game!
Interesting so far, I wouldn't say I'm hooked, but I also don't want to stop so... 😀

The beginning is super slow and I remember being completely overwhelmed by its presentation with all the UI stuff. The middle part of it is really good though, it only starts losing steam during the Royal part at the end IMO. I'm still fighting to get through and I'm at 110 hours or something.

I wish I had the time to play through this again in the Royal version but there’s just too much out there I can’t justify it. One of my favourite games of all time. First Persona I played too. 

I didn't know 'Royal' meant anything :D
Sounds like it will 'just' take longer?!

I can relate to the overwhelming part, the new information just keeps on coming. I'm 4-5 hours in now and still feel like I'm doing a tutorial.

Think it has an extra party member as well as extra story.

Yea I remember feeling the same during the early hours. It will all click into place though, don’t worry. & remember you don’t have to do everything

Not worried, yet :D
It's actually really enjoyable, just hard to tell when it'll become more 'normal'. I think I get the idea of the castle and it sounds like there are more - I don't know why there would be more yet though.

You can't really do 'everything' due to its in-build time limit, but the way the game works is that you can't really rush through it either.

As for Royal, that was an extended version they released later, with a bunch of content (roughly 30 hours) added after the ending of the original. You don't get to see it automatically though, so make sure that you prioritise hanging out with Kasumi (red-haired girl), Akechi (teenage detective) and Maruki (school psychiatrist) whenever you have the opportunity, because unlike the other confidants those are tied to an invisible deadline. I realise this paragraph might not make much sense to you as yet but you'll understand by the time its systems and features open up.

• 1 month later...

I've been playing this since I finished P3 because I guess I just wanted more.  I'm 70 hours in and at the point I was when I played the vanilla P5 back in 2017.  I'm playing Royal on the PS4 for what it's worth.

But this part is a wall for me.  I'm on the CEO boss and he keeps spawning these 4 workers and you have to kill them all at nearly the same time or the blow up or run away and I just can't seem to do enough damage.  I dunno if I'm missing something, I tried baten passing to power up to do a ton of damage but it's not enough on the last set of workers.

It's just weird because it's been so easy so far, too easy in fact so it leads me to think I'm missing something.